There are 283 users in the forums

A.J. Jenkins and Quinton Patton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
6'1, 220>>>>>>>>6'0, 204/6'0 185

No way is Boldin only 220.
I think Jenkins will do well. He was a rookie and struggled to make his presence felt, but the 49ers draft pretty well with regards to work ethic, and I think he'll make it onto the field and produce.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I think Jenkins will do well. He was a rookie and struggled to make his presence felt, but the 49ers draft pretty well with regards to work ethic, and I think he'll make it onto the field and produce.

With VD, Crabtree and now Boldin on the team, I don't think Jenkins will be allowed to b***h out. :P
Originally posted by dhp318:

Jenkins looked really good in the preseason with kap throwing to him, I think he'll be fine this year.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000051876/A-J-Jenkins-finds-one-for-32-yards
  • Tman
  • Veteran
He made a nice grab on that camp video on 49ers.com
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
They just look similar but jenkins is clearly much faster. I think patton is more similar to crabtree with his great hands, good route runnings, and sneaky ability to get open.

So no harbaugh as not given up on jenkins.

I see them as able to complement each other. If the 49ers aren't planning on having Crabtree aroound long-term, then Patton would make a reasonable replacement with Jenkins bringing the speed and the 49ers adding another WR through the draft next year, someone much bigger in height.

Jenkins brings great deep speed, Patton struggles to gain separation when going deep, Patton is a strong run blocker, Jenkins is iffy in that respect, Patton is a strong route runner, Jenkins needs to improve in that facet, both of them have good quality hands, both bring quickness and will be useful WR's for the 49ers going forward.

I feel like Jenkins will come on this year and when he does, it'll be like they had a 2nd 1st rounder this year. Having him contribute along with the other WR's will make this offense downright explosive. I like the potential for this offense, if Jenkins steps up and guys like McDonald and Patton contribute, there will be a ton of mismatches all over the field.

completely agree with you!
This s**t again?

Baalke says you cant evaluate a drafted player until at least two years after the fact
Originally posted by Tman:
He made a nice grab on that camp video on 49ers.com

Agreed. I love watching Kaep's fastball. He's going to dislocate some fingers this season on his wideouts. lol
[ Edited by SFrush on Apr 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM ]
2nd round talent in 4th round. BPA and we addressed all needs on defense and with the losses of Moss and Ginn, we are able to bring him in to potentially be a 3d or 4th receiver and compete with Jenkins for starting role opposite of Crabtree next year, or possibly even replace him if we can't afford. Latest I have ever seen him drafted in any mocks this year has been beginning of the 3d round. So to answer your question. No, they don't have enough faith in anyone to "give" away starting roles. All playing time on our team is earned and deserved, and competing every day for your job(at least that's the mindset) brings more meaning to practices by creating urgency to keep their role and is probably one of the reasons we are one of the most physical and deepest teams in the league, if not the most. In my opinion. Our first 6 picks netted us Reid, Tank, Vance, Lemmonier, Patton, Lattimore, and finally, the cherry on top, Titan's 2014 3d round pick. IMO, it was an amazing draft that is getting some grief due to the fodder we drafted in the 6th and 7th, but in all reality, these 6, + Dial are the only ones with any legit chances of significant playing time year,

Back on subject, the Patton pick was BPA on the board and overall best value this year imo, outside of Lattimore, but he has some significant question marks.

Too early to write the book on Jenkins.....ask me again after this season...
jenkins will have a good year this year. he wasnt expected to play and he didnt. they knew when they drafted him that he was too small and needed to bulk up.
Dunno where Jenkins is at really. I think the Niners have kept him under wraps.. I really like Patton and how he offers a new style to the corps.. Both have the talent, but neither one has the license. Jenkins got his taken away. if I were to guess...
jenkins- 20rec 260y 2td, 1start 16 games played
Patton -17rec 205y 2td, 12 games played
What I am waiting to see is whether Jenkins makes the starting roster. If not, he will be flat out cut.
I think it more of an indication that we as a team are no longer afraid to drat redundantly, and let true competition put the best 52 on the roster. An insecure front office doesn't admit to mistakes, not to say Jenkins was a mistake, but or WR core fell apart late in the season, depleted by injury. This lack of depth cost us a Super Bowl. We have addressed the depth issue, and strengthened our roster, that is all. We will see how confident and secure the front office feels, IF Jenkins is beaten out for his roster spot, will they cut him, or hide him while he develops?
Share 49ersWebzone