LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

A.J. Jenkins and Quinton Patton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Staleys got his hands on or around his junk.
2. My hands are almost always on or around my junk. I really can't keep my hands outta my pants. I have no problem with that at all. Hehe
3. Jenkins looks good. Bigger. No homo. (did I really just type that?!?)
4. Wondering if Patton will reach out to Jerry and start running THE HILL.
Patton is gonna be CK's new favorite receiver. Another workaholic that will help set the tone for the offense. Obviously wont start this year, but looks like he will be a practice warrior which in turn will keep Jenkins competing and working.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Patton is gonna be CK's new favorite receiver. Another workaholic that will help set the tone for the offense. Obviously wont start this year, but looks like he will be a practice warrior which in turn will keep Jenkins competing and working.

Jenkins and Patton will takeover when Crabtree and Manningham bolt
  • Jenkins showed up out of shape last year (so I read) maybe a little presumptuous being the first rounder
  • Last year wasn't good for him, he knows it (0-1)
  • Seeing how others on the team, show the passion Harbaugh looks for (Patton/Willis/Kap) and are successful (not yet Patton)
  • Hopefully we have learned something (some offseason work with Kap) and have a more passionate attitude for game/Niners
  • I suspect he know the long-term alternative (adios)
  • ..if he repeats last year .. .we won't cut him... teams hate looking so stupid (cutting your first rounder in short order)

Maybe he learns something from Patton? Winning attitude?
One thing Niners Fans should have figured out about Baalke during the draft, he is a Best Player Available GM except for the first round. In that case, he is a Best Player Available at a position of need GM.

Patton was a 2nd round value available at the end of the 4th round. Imagine how good all Niner fans will feel if both of these guys become studs.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
  • Jenkins showed up out of shape last year (so I read) maybe a little presumptuous being the first rounder

Eh, I wouldn't say that. A lot of college kids going pro simply don't have the conditioning/experience of the pro game. He wasn't out of shape so much as in college-but-not-NFL shape.

Plus, one of the 10-15 Niners doing HGH probably hooked him up by now.*

* - said only partially sarcastically. Half the league is probably on that stuff.
Originally posted by Genius1310:
1. Staleys got his hands on or around his junk.
2. My hands are almost always on or around my junk. I really can't keep my hands outta my pants. I have no problem with that at all. Hehe
3. Jenkins looks good. Bigger. No homo. (did I really just type that?!?)
4. Wondering if Patton will reach out to Jerry and start running THE HILL.

Yes, you really did just type "No homo" like a 9 year old.
I hate to mention this, but exactly how many WRs did we enter the NFCC game with against the NYG? Yeah, 1....Crbs. And i don't think JH or trent ever want to see that happen again. We were thin to start with, and then kap had just one WR, crbs to throw to....which didn't work out very well. I agree with so many things said here, but top of the list are:

Crbs may not be re-signable(that would be the schidts after all we went thru with him)
Anquan is a 1 or 2 yr guy. Hey I hope for more, but father time doesn't lie.
Let's say Kyle, Anquan, AJ, Crbs, Patton all end up starters. Wonder what the D would do if we went 5 wide?
Most importantly, is injury, and you never know how many guys are going down at one position, but against the NYG in NFCC, it was obvious we were WR shy. I think the Patton pick was that as much as that he DEFINITELY was the BPA. As a matter of fact, i think after that game, Trent decided to have too many WRs rather than not enough. And that was what the AJ pick was about. Most likely he will turn out just fine, or maybe spectacular, but no question, this was a team that needed WRs. Now we got 'em, tho Anquan is short time and Mario if he makes it back is too. Crbs....well, we just have to be ready for his contract when it comes due. Remember, Trent was involved with fixing the Lines first, OL and DL. You have to make some choices, and WR was really left until last, or next to last.

When we end up having more than enough really good WRs, you know this team is fixed for the next 3-4 yrs.
Who is Jenkins?

I'm a big patton fan, but where are you getting any of this? lol, him flying here is cool but for all we know he could quit when he gets to a real nfl practice

jesus jenkins bulked up
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I think the most important question might be:

WTF is Joe Staley doing?

Is that Jenkins? He looks bigger.

Yea the dude is sportin some guns now! I like it

Dude is just flexin'.

He's still skinny because he was late to Atlanta to work out with Kaep.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

I'm a big patton fan, but where are you getting any of this? lol, him flying here is cool but for all we know he could quit when he gets to a real nfl practice

So he flew here to quit? Haha I get what you're saying but after reading about how it didn't surprise his old coach, means he has consistently tried to do more than what is expected... That's the best attitude you can ask for.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

So he flew here to quit? Haha I get what you're saying but after reading about how it didn't surprise his old coach, means he has consistently tried to do more than what is expected... That's the best attitude you can ask for.

i was just f**king around lol
I can't wait for the "OMG how did they manage to resign Crabs???" threads. Dude's not going anywhere.

Second - Manningham will not be game ready before mid-season. People need to understand with the severity of his knee injury (ACL,MCL,Meniscus) he is actually rehabbing THREE injuries, not just one. He will start out the season on the PUP list, and stay there as long as is needed.

Agree with Doc that the FO decided too many instead of not enough is better.

Crabs, Boldin, Jenkins, Williams, Patton to start the season.

Go 5 wide with that. Or - Crabs Boldin, Jenkins, Davis, Gore.

Teams will have no clue who to cover.

I foresee the season scoring record going down this year. PREDICTION.
Share 49ersWebzone