LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

The giants game bro. We all knew we were going to face NE and smash. and in that game we had the lead and one player facked it up. This game was ugly in the beginning and we lost in all three phases. and a fourth for coaching.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A Super Bowl loss is the worst kind of loss you can have by far.

So this is how Raider fans have been feeling for the last 3 decades.
How can it not be the Super Bowl? I'd rather have lost to the damn falcons than lose the way we did, guaranteed refs would've been calling penalties on the falcons and letting the ravens get away with s**t as well. The NFL wanted that damn ray Lewis to go out a winner
I should have my head checked but last years NFC Championship game was worst. Here's why...Last year's defense was probably the best I've ever seen. Even with lesser talant at QB & WR, we would have been champions last year. But that is only speculation because we never made it to the game.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Giants game for sure. It was ours.

We could have won the Super Bowl, yes. But when you are down 3 touchdowns, you're getting outplayed. I can respect that.
After the giants game I was angry. Like punch you in the mouth mad. This year I'm just hurt. I feel like my dog died. I never thought we would lose a superbowl and i still dont get it. But last year our D was dominant, this year I was not confident in them. And no my dog is still alive and I love her.
Giants loss and its not close n my book. Just seeing the team in the SB this year and knowing the team will be good for years to come made me happy. An SB win would have been icing on the cake though. Also, giving the Giants the game the way we did killed. Ravens beat us straight up, even with the no-calls.
[ Edited by jones49 on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM ]
SB loss without question.

Because in Giants loss you weren't sure the offense was going to score and win the game (we weren't moving the ball for many possessions)

In the SB, on our last possession, I was so excited seeing Kaep take the offense down the field. It seemed at the time as if we were going to score for sure on the last possession to win the SB.
Giants loss by far. I was numb for 2 weeks after.

I'm already chill about this loss. We lost in a much more respectable way and I am pretty sure most people including Ravens fans know they beat the better team.

If the Niners play the Ravens in a 7 game series we beat them
Originally posted by okdkid:
The Giants game for sure. It was ours.

We could have won the Super Bowl, yes. But when you are down 3 touchdowns, you're getting outplayed. I can respect that.

This...Giants game I felt we thoroughly outplayed them and lost.

SB...we were outplayed for most of it...still felt like we should have won...

Originally posted by ginseng1000:
SB loss without question.
I disagree cus the Giants loss killed but I will say this...We were playing with house money last year. The bus kept moving and it was just a matter of time when the wheels would fall off. We went way further than even us hardcores would have guessed.
[ Edited by jones49 on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]
How is this not a poll?

Oops, now I see it.
[ Edited by robniner on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The super bowl, and it's not close. I have never been more miserable over a loss in sports.

Same here. Especially since the BS no call should have given us another 4 chances from inside the 5.
The Giants game for some reason. I feel slightly less mad about the SB.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Giants loss by far. I was numb for 2 weeks after.

I'm already chill about this loss. We lost in a much more respectable way and I am pretty sure most people including Ravens fans know they beat the better team.

If the Niners play the Ravens in a 7 game series we beat them

If only the NFL playoffs were best of 7 series
Share 49ersWebzone