LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which hurt more? NFC Championship loss vs Giants or Super Bowl Loss?

Losing the Superbowl is the worst. It may sound stupid but If I knew we would make the Superbowl but lose I would rather they lose earlier in the playoffs. Losing the Superbowl is not good. When was the last time a team lost a Superbowl and then came back and won one the next year or within a couple years?
Originally posted by diegosydney:
The Giants game.

We're talking about the Craig fumble game right ?

Yes

I was twice as upset just because the refs f**ked us. I can't take that s**t.
Originally posted by Jamison:
Originally posted by cciowa:
jesus, of course its the super bowl. the nfc title game is only the second most important game you will ever play, I know many people and media in the country are chortling over the fact we lost and we have some humility, f**k them, f**k the ravens, f**k roman and f**k you JH for letting roman call a s**tty series at the end of the game, at least jimmy f**king ray would have known to slam gore or dixon off tackle four times in a row to get 7 f**king lousy yards behind our o lline how can this question be asked with a straight face.

This ^^^ Not only this we get hosed by the officials because Ray is retiring. I new this going in, but I thought we'd overcome it by running up the score on them, where was the take no prisoner mentality, it was our legacy to never lose a Superbowl. Now we're no different than any other Superbowl contestant. Sure we have five but the Steelers have 6, we will have 6, but we will be no different than the when would've been save yesterday.

We got twice as hosed in the NY game. How quickly we forget the non fumble by the NYginads
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by cciowa:
jesus, of course its the super bowl. the nfc title game is only the second most important game you will ever play, I know many people and media in the country are chortling over the fact we lost and we have some humility, f**k them, f**k the ravens, f**k roman and f**k you JH for letting roman call a s**tty series at the end of the game, at least jimmy f**king ray would have known to slam gore or dixon off tackle four times in a row to get 7 f**king lousy yards behind our o lline how can this question be asked with a straight face.

This ^^^ Not only this we get hosed by the officials because Ray is retiring. I new this going in, but I thought we'd overcome it by running up the score on them, where was the take no prisoner mentality, it was our legacy to never lose a Superbowl. Now we're no different than any other Superbowl contestant. Sure we have five but the Steelers have 6, we will have 6, but we will be no different than the when would've been save yesterday.

We got twice as hosed in the NY game. How quickly we forget the non fumble by the NYginads

The Yankees, biggest winner in pro sports lost a few, it's the ability to come back and win again. Ill bet a 100 the ravens will never win another with Flacco.

Much rather be 6-1 next year than 2-0 with no hope of sniffing the title again
Dude we have Colin Kaepernick, our future couldn't look better. Did you really believe Alex was going to get us through the playoffs and the SB with our ST, suspect D and play calling.

From a guy that got timed out a few times this season, good days are ahead.

Losing to the f ing Giants in the NFCC twice by fumbles is heart breaking. I don't even know where Balt is on a map and I'm sure most don't.

We are going to the top and staying for awhile. No way we are winning 10 SB in a row, but ill beore than happy with a 10-1 SB record.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The Giants game didn't have me lose sleep, because I knew we'd get back to at least the Championship game... losing a Superbowl (for a franchise that's never lost) kept me sleep-less, and when I did, I had nothing but nightmares...

Dude we have Colin Kaepernick, our future couldn't look better. Did you really believe Alex was going to get us through the playoffs and the SB with our ST, suspect D and play calling.

Losing to the f ing Giants in the NFCC twice by fumbles is heart breaking. I don't even know where Balt is on a map and I'm sure most don't.

We are going to the top and staying for awhile. No way we are winning 10 SB in a row, but ill beore than happy with a 10-1 SB record.

Giants, really? It was a qualifying game not the Big Show! As far as the blemish we have on our record, it tells me that Jim can't beat John and we better not have to face them again, not to mention we will not be perfect in the Superbowl evermore.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Absolutely the Giants game. It's not even close for me. And this is coming from a guy who was at the Superdome.

I have to agree. The Giants game was demoralizing for one reason: we outplayed them in almost every category. We deserved to win that game. The superbowl was exactly the opposite. Even with the blown calls, Ravens outplayed us for the majority of the game.
kaep and co ruined our perfect record. goddamned waste of money for sb tickets
A Super Bowl loss is the worst kind of loss you can have by far.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The Giants game didn't have me lose sleep, because I knew we'd get back to at least the Championship game... losing a Superbowl (for a franchise that's never lost) kept me sleep-less, and when I did, I had nothing but nightmares...

Giants, really? It was a qualifying game not the Big Show! As far as the blemish we have on our record, it tells me that Jim can't beat John and we better not have to face them again, not to mention we will not be perfect in the Superbowl evermore.

"the catch" is arguably the most recognized, honored, revered, cherished memory in 49er history, and it was a NFCC. Sometimes the journey is better than the destination. Beating or losing to a rival always means more to me.

Personally, I have no opinion on Balt or the team or their fans. Losing sucks but losing to a division rival where there is bad blood sucks way worse. And I'm more optimistic about next year, than I was after the giants loss. I kinda thought we got lucky last year and everything worked perfectly.

There was no way our ST and D could duplicate last years numbers and of course they weren't even close. Way more upside next year

Losing the SuperBowl or NFC Championship? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Should ask this question before the start of next season. The pain of sb loss still run deep.
The Super Bowl. We were able to blame Smith and Williams on most of what happened in the Giants game. We just got taken to the woodshed yesterday. Personally, I thought that the game looked far worse than the score showed.
Originally posted by father49er:
Should ask this question before the start of next season. The pain of sb loss still run deep.

Yep, nothing but time and a long off-season with nothing to do to marinate on this.
Originally posted by xtm059:
kaep and co ruined our perfect record. goddamned waste of money for sb tickets

You might to check Kaeps numbers before you start blaming him.

Bill Walsh: 28 points and 20 first downs should win the game.
Share 49ersWebzone