LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Refs at Seattle game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
It's undeniable the refs call the game differently for the Seahawks' DBs. All game long we have to watch Sherman literally hold his man all the way down the field. All season long we've seen T. Brown flagged for minor contact. It's ridiculous. The refs are throwing them a bone, because if they can't hold, their DBs are too big to hold up in man.

I saw the same thing in the first match up this year. It's mind boggling that one team can do it every game & get away with it. Their corners play beyond physical. Richard Sherman is probably on top of my most disliked players. He might be a good corner but he talks too much & might be called for penalties every play if called right.
As bad as the refs were, we were worse! A few PI's and Holding calls that were "over looked" wouldn't have made a big difference, we never got off the plane! Weak assed, soft performance, we would have needed not only for the refs to call everything on Seattle, we would needed them to let us cheat as well!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As bad as the refs were, we were worse! A few PI's and Holding calls that were "over looked" wouldn't have made a big difference, we never got off the plane! Weak assed, soft performance, we would have needed not only for the refs to call everything on Seattle, we would needed them to let us cheat as well!

That about sums it up.
Originally posted by dmatt:
Absolutely. On the first TD run alone there were three holds. Francois, Whitner, and Smith.

Also, the holding by their DBs is ridiculous.

You can't measure how much effect this type of imbalance has on the outcome of a game.

I also feel like Seattle gets away with a lot of chippy BS in the niner games and the niners get called for it.

Yeah i saw it already... Seahawks players are holding alot with our plays... the refs don't call it.. i am really piss off!!! the refs are all cheat and fk fk fk....
Originally posted by allhype:
Hell YES! And people who say otherwise don't wanna be called a Homer! They showed Okung hold on 3 straight plays, Collinsworth said "there's a bit of a grab" on each highlight! Well, you know what....THAT's HOLDING!

This is true, and the fact collinsworth the niner hater would actually put his bias feelings away for a second and say that kind of makes you wonder what the refs were doing, but if were getting hold aldon needs to get onto the refs and be like dude he's holding me why aren't you fing throwing a flag, get them to watch it alittle closer
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If you call bear hugging Aldon Smith legal then I would say no, the refs did a fine job calling their game for their team.

Also if you call Richard Sherman making a play on Crabtrees arms instead of the ball legal then no, the refs did a fine job calling their game for their team.

I thought replacement refs went home already.

There were more than a few calls I though could have been made. But, as a former O-lineman friend of mine said as I was screaming at the bear hug on Aldon Smith..... no flag no foul.
Excuses excuses....
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no excuses.
Refereeing is a very inexact science.
My bother-in-law knows that ref. They live in the same area, and the guy also refs college hoops. I guess the guy is notorious for calling games very loose. Evidently he is fair, but he rarely calls violations on anyone, in either sport, FWIW.

Originally posted by RussellWilson:

Yes. The refs are why you lost 42-13 ...
Go back to Seattle boards you suck just like Seattle does....
This is not just about this game. Of course we didn't lose because of the refs. We lost because we were outplayed, period. But this whole idea that the Seahawks should be getting away with holds, pass interference, and illegal contacts, and that everyone thinks it's cute, is total BS. On the play where Crabtree made the catch over Sherman, collinsworth admitted it was clear PI, but then he said the refs aren't going to call it all the time. What the heck is that supposed to mean? That Seahawks players should be allowed to keep committing PI penalties because officials are simply not going to call it? It's all total BS!
Science has proven that peer pressure is real. When you have 60K fans screaming fans, the refs will make calls that favor the home team slightly more often than not, it's only natural. And this is even worse in a place like a Seattle. Hence the calls in this last game, and the Fail Mary. Take them out of their stadium, and their road record speaks for itself. Not making excuses, just pointing out facts.
13th man = refs. And no the 12 th man is not the reason the niners lost either then. But the refs non calls definitely help Seahawks keep momentum. U can see all the push offs from settles wr's and holding on nearly all of Seattles big plays. But oh well. Those kind of bs games will keep Seattle in fantasy land. Now they are gonna have to face the music when reality hits. That day will come and they won't be able to say ish to the media. We won't be the only fan base that will be laughing at the end.
sometimes i feel refs can favor the home team so they dont upset the crowd... seemed like the seattle game was a pefect example of this.. they seemed intimidated..like the niners lol
Share 49ersWebzone