LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

Refs at Seattle game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
No homers here. I was at game so didn't have as great a view as those who watched on TV.

Were the refs really that bad? Was Seattle getting away with lots of penalties?

The one I clearly saw was the hold on Whitner on Lynch's first TD. Also heard RJF was held as well.

They do every game, that's their defense. Their corners do illegal contact (pushing/bumping WR after 5 years after the line of scrimmage) and get away with it all game, week after week. The refs might call it once or twice a ame but they won't call it ALL game. Pretty dumb

The bigger question is that every coach in the NFL knows this is no secret...and nothing is going to be done about it. So, you counter it by asking your WR's to be equally as physical and when the ball is in the air, you hand fight and shove off the DB. You practice it all week with timing between the QB and receiver. Then, you run schemes that disallow them to be physical off the LOS. You run delayed routes, drag routes, quick slants, wheel routes, WR and RB screens, stop and go's, fly sweeps, reverses, Q offense, wham blocks, etc.

Then on defense, you pull your head out of your ass and do the EAXCT same thing they are...go man and physical and hold and P.I. all game long. Period. At the end of the day, everyone and their mother knew EXACTLY what we were getting into and they played straight up like we thought...the difference wasn't the refs. It was the inability of the coaches and players to adjust and play this type of game. Period. W-W-L.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM ]
Did anyone else see sherman jump over crabtree after his pick in the endzone? How is that not unsportsmanlike conduct? And seattles cbs were mugging us all game but it was never called
Pretty sure I saw a couple false starts on them also, but really we played weak
Originally posted by SportsFan:
No homers here. I was at game so didn't have as great a view as those who watched on TV.

Were the refs really that bad? Was Seattle getting away with lots of penalties?

The one I clearly saw was the hold on Whitner on Lynch's first TD. Also heard RJF was held as well.

no excuses we got or buts handed to us.

Yes. The refs are why you lost 42-13 ...
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith was held on every play. Real talk.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Aldon Smith was held on every play. Real talk.

Aldon Smith is rendered useless without Justin Smith. Real talk.
I still don't understand how as much as their secondary was holding our WRs.. (heck the first play could've been a huge catch if Mario's arm didn't get held up)...but with all the illegal contact, I mean when Crabtree got pushed out of bounds on that penalty, I swore that was after 5 yards.

but after all that...when we are trying to stop them on defense, they are going to call a holding on Brown in the endzone? that didn't even look bad. Heck their WRs were pushing off most of the game.

I can confidently say that at least we won't have to deal with this officiating team in the playoffs...they will not be allowed to be out there.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM ]
Hell I saw Cam Newton bump an official and kick a player and he didn't get kick out of the game for either penalty which usually gets you ejected for doing either one. So considering that, no. The refs were outstanding. The sooner that all fans understand that all call are subjective and based on the discretion of the each referee crew, the sooner we'll all understand why one week grabbing a player under the shoulder pads inside of the jersey is holding today but not next week. It's not a personal problem with the refs plotting against the Niners. It's a personnel problem that the NFL has crews that clearly don't hold to the rules on a consistent basis.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I still don't understand how as much as their secondary was holding our WRs.. (heck the first play could've been a huge catch if Mario's arm didn't get held up)...but with all the illegal contact, I mean when Crabtree got pushed out of bounds on that penalty, I swore that was after 5 yards.

but after all that...when we are trying to stop them on defense, they are going to call a holding on Brown in the endzone? that didn't even look bad. Heck their WRs were pushing off most of the game.

I can confidently say that at least we won't have to deal with this officiating team in the playoffs...they will not be allowed to be out there.

12th man and putting Seattle on the map is good for the NFL...like games in London and all the other things the NFL does to market itself. When a defense is allowed to rape receivers like it is the 80's in an era where DB's aren't allowed to breathe on a WR anymore, this to me, is beyond an obvious tactic. Now, will things be different in the playoffs? Most likely b/c they will playing the East Coast teams such as GB, NY, Washington, etc. Nobody is denying horrendous biased reffing FOR the Hawks and it extends well beyond the GB game. The issue I had is that OUR coaching staff did not have our team ready for this blue-print game. As I watched this game, I was texting the family up north as it appeared to me we were playing tournament ball. We won a huge game against NE so therefore, this game was pretty meaningless...our secondary was playing two-hands touch, even more conservative play calling in the RZ when we got there, one deep pass all game again, zero creativity or really, play calling that would suggest we were playing to take advantage of their aggressiveness. So we either played this one close to the vest knowing we'll wrap it up next week or the coaches just did a horrible job of game planning. Given we are W-W-L all year long, this fell in the L column and it s snowballed quickly against a team playing their Superbowl at home. That's not to take anything away from them...they were very well prepared, well coached, had great game plans and executed to perfection. But this did NOT seem like a Niner team in the W-W formula.

It's undeniable the refs call the game differently for the Seahawks' DBs. All game long we have to watch Sherman literally hold his man all the way down the field. All season long we've seen T. Brown flagged for minor contact. It's ridiculous. The refs are throwing them a bone, because if they can't hold, their DBs are too big to hold up in man.
Has anyone brought up that Moss got tackled on deep throws near or in the endzone with the ball still on its way down.....in BOTH SEATTLE GAMES!!!???
wtf is wrong with the refs. the first lynch td was a complete joke.

seattle fans and all the ninerhaters will bring up the roughing on the hit to vernon. i didn't think it was a penalty either, but it was the exact same hit goldson got flagged and later reviewed and fined for against aaron hernandez last week. so if that's what they call a defensless receiver, than thats how it is.

all that being said, we lost- but imagine getting the ball at the 1 when moss got blatantly PI'd....or Lynches TD is 10 yd penalty instead. those things add up big time to the final outcome.

our D looks like its in trouble without last years REAL Def POY Justin Smith out.
BTW, this is exactly how the Rams "beat" us. their corners got away with murder as Kevin Gilbride puts it. and there just wasn't enough plays to be made with our WR's being clawed and scratched and tackled all the down the field and after the whistle.
You know those CBs that played were 5th and 6th round picks right? How do you let your #1 WRs get held and beat by guys that should be bench warmers?
Every week we see these refs make the worst calls. It's almost as though the replacement refs never left. They're so corrupt it makes it almost unbearable to watch inner games. Mad it's every week. I don't understand why the nfl won't investigate any of this. Literally every week I see and read about these refs. They must hate the niners. I've never seen anything like it.
Share 49ersWebzone