LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

What has happened to Carlos Rogers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
Agree. Thought he played a very solid game yesterday.

Just hope he doesn't have to cover Torrey Smith 2 weeks from now. Don't like that matchup at all...lol.

nah cully is the speedster he will probably be on smith
Carlos Rogers is fine. He's good. He's just not a shutdown corner. So stop thinking that he should be one.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM ]
Rogers played a real good second half, and he has had a big part in our success this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he played a solid game

was he the one who fell down while covering harry douglas ?
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Just hope he doesn't have to cover Torrey Smith 2 weeks from now. Don't like that matchup at all...lol.

nah cully is the speedster he will probably be on smith

Yea you prob right. Rogers will man Boldin. That's the way it should be imo.
Originally posted by lazy:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Huge play keeping Tony G from getting the first down

he also had a huge pass deflection on the deep ball to Roddy White!

That was one of our top defensive plays
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Meh, he's a nickel back now so I'm not worried about him. T-Brown and Culliver are playing good football, so we're in good shape there.

T Brown is playing well? I bet he woke up screaming "No Julio!" last night.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Meh, he's a nickel back now so I'm not worried about him. T-Brown and Culliver are playing good football, so we're in good shape there.

T Brown is playing well? I bet he woke up screaming "No Julio!" last night.

yeah between Cully, Brown, and Rogers.... Brown is the one that usually worries me the most.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Brown had good coverage on Jones most of the day, it's just that Matt Ryan was playing the game of his Life out there. Amazing throws that even Deion couldn't be able to defend.

Rogers is great playing against the physical type WRs so I can see him playing Boldin most of the game
[ Edited by SaksV on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM ]
Played a pretty good game.

We need at least one more from him.

Not really afraid of Torrey Smith. He's up and down. Their main receiving threat is Boldin. Not as fast as Julio Jones, but every bit as strong and physical.

That said, I see us matching up with them better than we did the Falcons receivers. Pitta is no Tony G, so I'm good with a linebacker or safety on him. Torrey Smith is fast (as hell) but not physical. Cully will be fine.

We shut down Rice (easier said than done I know), make sure we challenge EVERY pass downfield and we win. I live in Baltimore so I watch the Ravens a lot (I admit I'm a fan so long as they aren't playing the Niners). Flacco actually does not throw downfield very accurately, and he's good for 3-4 bonehead throws a game. I can realistically see at least two picks by our defense.

I think back to that pass last week that sent the game into overtime. It was actually a terrible throw by Flacco (ball had a rainbow arc on it and was in the air forever). If the DB doesn't take the worst possible angle in sports history to defend the pass, that's a pick.

Flacco has a tendency to throw those kind of balls so I see some big hits on horizon from Goldson and Whitner.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Played a pretty good game.

We need at least one more from him.

absolutely. In the first half, Fangio was putting them in bad positions to succeed against all-pro receivers. Fangio put them in much better position in the second half and boom, shutout. I knew we should have been double teaming the wideouts on Jones's first TD. He just burned everybody, broken scheme notwithstanding. FANGIO needs to adjust quicker
I don't see Kaepernick getting sacked 9 times!! So I think we're good!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
made up for it with that tackle on Gonzales.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I don't see Kaepernick getting sacked 9 times!! So I think we're good!

Yea that was ridiculous lol, Alex was like a statue back there
Share 49ersWebzone