LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

What has happened to Carlos Rogers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think all the corners did a great job. They played the best offense in the league and shut them out in the 2nd. Willis and bowman helped big time.
I think Cully is a good matchup for Boldin
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I think Cully is a good matchup for Boldin

yup. i hope thats the decision they go with, and mix in some T.Brown
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
Agree. Thought he played a very solid game yesterday.

Just hope he doesn't have to cover Torrey Smith 2 weeks from now. Don't like that matchup at all...lol.

Not really afraid of Torrey Smith. He's up and down. Their main receiving threat is Boldin. Not as fast as Julio Jones, but every bit as strong and physical.

That said, I see us matching up with them better than we did the Falcons receivers. Pitta is no Tony G, so I'm good with a linebacker or safety on him. Torrey Smith is fast (as hell) but not physical. Cully will be fine.

We shut down Rice (easier said than done I know), make sure we challenge EVERY pass downfield and we win. I live in Baltimore so I watch the Ravens a lot (I admit I'm a fan so long as they aren't playing the Niners). Flacco actually does not throw downfield very accurately, and he's good for 3-4 bonehead throws a game. I can realistically see at least two picks by our defense.

I think back to that pass last week that sent the game into overtime. It was actually a terrible throw by Flacco (ball had a rainbow arc on it and was in the air forever). If the DB doesn't take the worst possible angle in sports history to defend the pass, that's a pick.

Flacco has a tendency to throw those kind of balls so I see some big hits on horizon from Goldson and Whitner.

Flacco has been lights out this year in the playoffs though. I don't think he has any picks right. Let's hope he's do for some major mistakes and they come against us!!!
Rodgers was back in form last week.
Originally posted by susweel:
he played a solid game

was he the one who fell down while covering harry douglas ?

to be fair he didn't trip, douglas yanked his collar.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by susweel:
he played a solid game

was he the one who fell down while covering harry douglas ?

to be fair he didn't trip, douglas yanked his collar.

Correct
I don't think the dude is worth the 7 mill he's owed next season
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Someone misses Nate Clements

Now you know why there are second thoughts on Revis.

Clements was supposed to be "that guy" but he didn't live it up and was shown the door to join the others at Niner East.
He's been pretty solid imo

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Nowhere near worth what we're paying though.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

we have to draft the biggest, most ghetto, adderall addict in the draft this year
He's starting to become someone i cant stand to watch out there, this guy is a cancer to the team, this is why Washington got rid of him in the 1st place. No heart no passion doesnt go out his way to make a play.

Ohh Culliver how i miss you

played a good game but was holding alot . Didn't get called for it, but I'll take it.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

5 mil, I beg to differ so far.
Share 49ersWebzone