LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

What has happened to Carlos Rogers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All the pressure last year made Rodgers look better than he is. He's a solid/average corner that will get beat. One week he looks good vs Welker and the following week he can't cover the slot at all. But the D line is more of a priority than corner.
I could be missing something but isn't there a "CR is overrated" thread already?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
the slot is the most hardest positions to cover doe..any other CB we have would be no different.

he got absolutley torched vs Seattle at least 4-5 times.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
the slot is the most hardest positions to cover doe..any other CB we have would be no different.

No pressure from the Dline will do that

Yep...It all starts up front.

Edit: If we get pressure it will mask the secondary into looking amazing.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM ]

true but at 7 mill/yr you are graded on a tougher scale

true but at 7 mill/yr you are graded on a tougher scale

now that cant be argued !
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
This guy is the most overrated player on our team. He is making big money to get torched alot. If we dont for some dumb reason re-sign Goldson, then we are in trouble on D. Rogers is a decent CB on a great defense. Culliver is better and I would say Cox is just as good as a cover corner and tackler. Goldson is elite, And we have to bring him back to contend. Trade Alex/Rogers (free up 12-14 mill). Pay Goldson 4yrs/32mill and draft a CB in the late 1st round.

CB Brown 1st Roundpick
CB Culliver Cox (#5FA pickup)
FS Goldson Robinson/M.Thomas
SS Whitner Spillman

I also think M.Thomas will make the final 53 next year and Brock is garbage also.

I like it but would rather go D-line first round...

i think we need depth at Dline, but not any starters. Justin has at least 3 good years left and Soap i would say 2 more. RayMac is solid. Ian Williams i like alot and Tukuafu is reliable. IMO Dobbs is overrated and could use a Watt type in his spot to spell Justin in the future.
This guy is the most overrated player on our team. He is making big money to get torched alot. If we dont for some dumb reason re-sign Goldson, then we are in trouble on D. Rogers is a decent CB on a great defense. Culliver is better and I would say Cox is just as good as a cover corner and tackler. Goldson is elite, And we have to bring him back to contend. Trade Alex/Rogers (free up 12-14 mill). Pay Goldson 4yrs/32mill and draft a CB in the late 1st round.

CB Brown 1st Roundpick
SS Whitner Spillman

I also think M.Thomas will make the final 53 next year and Brock is garbage also.

i think we need depth at Dline, but not any starters. Justin has at least 3 good years left and Soap i would say 2 more. RayMac is solid. Ian Williams i like alot and Tukuafu is reliable. IMO Dobbs is overrated and could use a Watt type in his spot to spell Justin in the future.
injuries tend to come in bunches..we need starting caliber Dline..we already have good back ups

CB Brown 1st Roundpick
SS Whitner Spillman

ya most teams could use a 20 sack 5 technique, i've seen one in my time watching football, you?

Originally posted by susweel:
any cap savings if we cut him next year ?

About tree-fitty.....

He's going to remain on this roster for at least the next couple of seasons.
Originally posted by crabman82:

CB Brown 1st Roundpick
SS Whitner Spillman

ya most teams could use a 20 sack 5 technique, i've seen one in my time watching football, you?

Aldon Smith is a rush linebacker not DLINE bro

CB Brown 1st Roundpick
SS Whitner Spillman

He was referring to you saying we need a Watt type DE lol
Originally posted by solidg2000:

CB Brown 1st Roundpick
SS Whitner Spillman

could use and need to 2 diff things. Justin Smith is just as good as JJ Watt
Originally posted by solidg2000:

CB Brown 1st Roundpick
SS Whitner Spillman

could use and need to 2 diff things. Justin Smith is just as good as JJ Watt

you are still missing the point

he's saying that guys like JS and Watt come a long maybe once a decade. can't just go out there and find the next Watt that easily.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Dec 29, 2012 at 8:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone