LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh - is he doing too much?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
http://bit.ly/Q4jTRC

what do you guys think about harbaugh's defense of jenkins? At first I didn't think much of it but this writer described it as "thin"skinned.

It's also the second time they describe harbaugh as a joke around the league for the things he says that no one believes, (the other being that they have five number one receivers). Do you guys give a s**t?

And writers was Harbaugh referring to?
[ Edited by toeshawn on Jul 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM ]
Originally posted by toeshawn:
http://bit.ly/Q4jTR

what do you guys think about harbaugh's defense of jenkins? At first I didn't think much of it but this writer described it as "thin"skinned.

It's also the second time they describe harbaugh as a joke around the league for the things he says that no one believes, (the other being that they have five number one receivers). Do you guys give a s**t?

Journalism and journalist are pathetic today. They act with impunity and employ one of the most biased good ole boy systems that probably makes the government jealous. Which is no surprise that the two are often working hand in hand.

JH has a target on his back because he does not cow tow to the media and their schedule and agenda. They all have over inflated ego's and undersized untilities.

He is probably just aggravated because these people really don't know what they are talking about but control popular belief within the sports viewing community. Most of the journalist scratch no further than the surface and are just laying their word quotas juxtaposed to the story lead.

So, please do not start worrying about what the outside journalist think because their opinions are already bought.
Over sensitive I would say. Nothing wrong in defending your players if asked. But there really is no need for unscheduled press conferences to defend a guy. Seems like they worrying too much about what the media says. His proof will be how well these guys perform on the field. This is what the media does. No different in any other city, and any other year. I think the whole world was laughing at that Peyton Manning explanation. In the grand scheme of things I don't care, but it's training camp time and really nothing else to talk about so it's a topic.
PFT really doesnt like harbaugh

they havent said one positive thing about huim

mike florio and that other guy
For me (and this is a very minor grievance), I would prefer Jim to not go out of his way to say such things. If he is asked? Sure, then let loose and tell em what you really think. But don't make a point to get defensive about such things. Some players may appreciate it... some may just feel like Jim makes them look like they need a mother-hen to step in and defend them. So yeah, I'd prefer Jim not initiate such things, but by all means, speak your mind if asked.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
PFT really doesnt like harbaugh

they havent said one positive thing about huim

mike florio and that other guy

They really dont. Grant Cohn was their source for a story on how Jenkins sucks. They really just reiterate stories with a sentence of their own opinion. But they seem to have strong opinions on Harbaugh
my friend whos a pats fan said he's a great coach. he's been dealing with the fans and media hating on belichick for years, comes with the territory i guess.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Over sensitive I would say. Nothing wrong in defending your players if asked. But there really is no need for unscheduled press conferences to defend a guy. Seems like they worrying too much about what the media says. His proof will be how well these guys perform on the field. This is what the media does. No different in any other city, and any other year. I think the whole world was laughing at that Peyton Manning explanation. In the grand scheme of things I don't care, but it's training camp time and really nothing else to talk about so it's a topic.
about the peyton manning thing i have a question

i know peton called the 49ers

but did the 49ers ever offer him a contract?

i know the titans and broncos did but i never heard word 1 about 49ers offering him a contract
I actually like the fact that writers feel Harbugh speaks nonsense, maybe they'll stop expecting so much in interviews. It could also help us when it comes to injuries because writers won't believe what he has to say anyways. Harbugh is playing Jedi mind tricks.
I think JH is right. No one knows s**t other than the coaches. Maybe when Jenkins looked bad, it was because the coaches put him in tougher plays or something to check out how the learning curve was going to look like.

The only thing that really gives anyone outside of coaching a solid grasp of a players ability is probably 3 years of results in regular season games.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by lamontb:
about the peyton manning thing i have a question

i know peton called the 49ers

but did the 49ers ever offer him a contract?

i know the titans and broncos did but i never heard word 1 about 49ers offering him a contract

Den/Tenn threw numbers out there before talking with PM agent. Yes, 9ers didn't follow suit. They waited for PM decision
No way! Coach knows exactly what he's doing! I absolutely love our coach! He's just strengthening the "us against the world" mentality and in doing so he's protecting Jenkins while at the same time puting enough pressure on him to live up to his coach's expectations for him. These guys will fight to the death for their coach and he'd do the same! GO NINERS! Man this is going to be a great season!!!!!
You guys must remember Harbaugh had punched Jim Kelly because Kelly had been mouthing off on NBC about how Harbaugh may be soft. It seems that for Harbaugh, you don't question a player's toughness when he's busting his a** on and off the field trying his best to get better. It didn't surprised me that Harbaugh went to defend Jenkins the way he did. The Cohn's criticism of Jenkins' toughness, which the media group ran with it, was very close to what Harbaugh went through many years ago with Jim Kelly.

Now that I think about it, Jim Harbaugh's 'I told you so' might be in a form of a pummeling of Grant Cohn after the SB season is over.

Harbaugh: 'Can you get Cohn on the line. I want to set up an exclusive with him in my office. Thanks'
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:29 AM ]
All Harbaugh ever does is back up his players no matter what, people laugh when he says things like "alex smith should make the pro bowl" "crabtree has the greatest hands ive ever seen", they think he's a tool for saying this but I see it as being a damn good coach.
There is a reason he is a players coach and why everyone wants to play hard for him. He is trying to protect his players and shows them all the respect in the world, to get that same respect and effort back on the field
Share 49ersWebzone