There are 363 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh - is he doing too much?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
players play, coaches coach and journalists journal
Jim Harbaugh doesn't give a s**t what the media thinks, he's trolling them and it's working.

The media writing negative things about the team is only going to fuel the players, I think what he is doing is great.
I dont think I'm even going to bother reading his interviews anymore. He's never going to say what he really thinks about a certain player or competition. Dude hates the media an therefore, has no problem flat out lying. There is no reason to waste time reading it. Everything is "good," "great", "best I've ever seen."
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont think I'm even going to bother reading his interviews anymore. He's never going to say what he really thinks about a certain player or competition. Dude hates the media an therefore, has no problem flat out lying. There is no reason to waste time reading it. Everything is "good," "great", "best I've ever seen."

he is very generic when giving answers. you really got to work at it to be as good as he is. That is another reason why the media does not like him,, no specifics, he will only let you in so far. his life is like a jewelery box, lots of different compartments, he keeps them all seperated because when you add them all up, that is who he is and only a few are allowed to get that close.
Originally posted by cciowa:

he is very generic when giving answers. you really got to work at it to be as good as he is. That is another reason why the media does not like him,, no specifics, he will only let you in so far. his life is like a jewelery box, lots of different compartments, he keeps them all seperated because when you add them all up, that is who he is and only a few are allowed to get that close.

I guess I've just realized over the years that coach and player interviews are a waste of time. The answers are canned and very generic. No doubt though, Harbaugh takes the cake.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I guess I've just realized over the years that coach and player interviews are a waste of time. The answers are canned and very generic. No doubt though, Harbaugh takes the cake.

then when you compare sing and the s**t he said, his rants about vernon davis, his rants about winners. the media loves that s**t and when sing gave them a little taste, they came right back for more. they could really have cared less how good or poor we were cuz they knew with sing, they would get a sound bite, they would get drama and that is all they want. look at the coaches who were media darlings,, sing, dennis green and his rants, of course the infamous playoffs rant from mora. the media loved that s**t but where are those guys now, either unemployed or some lowly assistant
Originally posted by cciowa:

then when you compare sing and the s**t he said, his rants about vernon davis, his rants about winners. the media loves that s**t and when sing gave them a little taste, they came right back for more. they could really have cared less how good or poor we were cuz they knew with sing, they would get a sound bite, they would get drama and that is all they want. look at the coaches who were media darlings,, sing, dennis green and his rants, of course the infamous playoffs rant from mora. the media loved that s**t but where are those guys now, either unemployed or some lowly assistant

Just because you are a coach that goes on rants doesn't mean you can't coach. Rex Ryan is a good example of a loud mouth winning coach.....minus last year.
coach is doing what he do. hes defending his players when he sees the right and need to, even if it was a stupid shot from the media. The players will see this as a coach that wont let anything get past him and hurt his team, not on his watch. A coach that will stand up on that podium and direct the hits his way so his team can prepare. This approach probably stems from his time playing in the NFL and knowing that the media either take big chunks out of a player or eat away little by little breaking them down.

Hes for the team, the team will see him taking shots, in return it fires up team and individuals who then go out and level guys on game day. Harbaugh will make sure he gets the best out of his team both physically and mentally.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Just because you are a coach that goes on rants doesn't mean you can't coach. Rex Ryan is a good example of a loud mouth winning coach.....minus last year.

i really hate rex ryan oakland . I really think he is over rated and i do not think they will be much better this year,.,. you know that is a perfect example of what i hope JH will not turn out to be,, ryan was a media favorite, running his mouth, being bold and brash,, well they started to lose and his shine started to fade and his schtick got old. I was just trying to say that i think the media likes the ranting coach who calls out players, as long as the coach does not call out the media for gods sake remember how giddy and giggly the media got when parcels only called owens by "that reciever", they loved sing when he went on his anti davis rant of winners and they went ape s**t over either nolan or sign calling alex soft,, and the shining example is when they just lost thier minds when the oakland coach(can not remember the name) called his team dumb
Why give info when they will just twist it their own way to make the best story? I would agree that imo Jim hates it that they have such a big influence over popular belief yet they don't get it right or don't get the details. Look at how much we are swayed by them talking about the few plays they see from one practice. They don't know what is going on or what the play was. They can easily report (insert QB name here) has been inaccurate this season just because of one day of practice they got to see. They aren't there every day. The other part is them twisting everything. They just dig and dig and try to get a rise out of someone. Like we have discussed before you get to the top and get your name out there a lot easier by saying unpopular things, twisting info, getting a rise out of people than digging deep and writing good stories. Also, seems like the media has run out of questions this off season. It's the same old stuff. Even the good guys like Maiocco I listen to their questions and I am like come on Matt this is the same ole stuff everyone else is asking. Once the games start Matt usually asks good question but I think there well is dry now. Then you get guys asking questions and they don't even know what they are asking. They must just like being the center of attention. They just wing it and it gets to the point where Harbaugh laughs and is like what are you asking? What are you looking for?

I just saw L. Cohn and Tim Kawakami on chronicle live discussing this, boy is Lowel pissed! They came off as douche bags and Lowel was clearly trying to take the heat off his idiot kid...ass clowns I tell ya!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
All Harbaugh ever does is back up his players no matter what, people laugh when he says things like "alex smith should make the pro bowl" "crabtree has the greatest hands ive ever seen", they think he's a tool for saying this but I see it as being a damn good coach.

Seriously, whether it comes back contradictory or not, at the end of the day Harbaugh always supports/pumps his players up. -The media want controversy, they think since Harbaugh is now a media-declared 'nutjub' he'd be throwing players/people under the bus, with no end in sight.

-They want us to fail so f**king bad, they do not want the 49ers back on top, cause it means trouble for East Coast teams/media outlets having to travel all the way out West again for prime time games, and they can't do s**t cause we're a 'prime-time' quality football team again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I just saw L. Cohn and Tim Kawakami on chronicle live discussing this, boy is Lowel pissed! They came off as douche bags and Lowel was clearly trying to take the heat off his idiot kid...ass clowns I tell ya!

lowell has always had a thing for the coach. i hope jh treats him as s**tty this year as he did last year
There are, and will be, many ways to view this and similar incidents ...
The majority of posters to this topic, seemingly understand Coaches Method,
and Madness. While very few responders, echoed an I wish he wouldn't do
that - response.

Quoting a line from Tyler Durden: The first rule of Fight Club is: "You do not talk about
Fight Club" ... The second rule of Fight Club is: "You do not talk about Fight Club" !

I've seen this before - with respects to the 49ers - from the Coach, and Media alike.
Déjà vu, more at Reja vu ;O Just a slight difference (in my experiences) in Approach,
Methodology, and most importantly, a few Lombardies.

One thing I learned early, during my rookie year covering the NFL. All Media-types are
not created equal. As technology has advanced - even with the influx of ex-players as
analysis and commentators - the level of professionalism, has declined respectively ...
as the need to Speculate, and Sensationalize - for the sake of ones agenda - increases.

JM2¢
Originally posted by jreff22:
let the kids play speak, he goes out of his way too much IMO

you can support a kid without a microphone in your face

Share 49ersWebzone