There are 185 users in the forums

Why did we overpay so much for Brooks? And where does that leave us now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You guys keep harping on $2.85. But he's not worth $6.65 in 2013, not worth $7.5 in 2014, not worht $8.35 in 2015, not worth $6.35 in 2016 and not worth $5.3 in 2017. It's not a one year deal for $2.85....

Then what SAM OLB "is" worth it, show me his production and show me his contract numbers. You need to have SOME reference point if you're going to make claims like this, SD.

PS: The FT for THIS year is 8.8 million. What will it be come 2017? 10 million?
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Brooks' deal, which 49ers chief negotiator Paraag Marathe worked out with agent Greg Williams, includes $17.5 million in guarantees, including a $7.5 million signing bonus.Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Brooks' future cap figures are $6.65 million in 2013, $7.5 million in 2014, 8.35 million in 2015, $6.35 million in 2016, and $5.3 million in 2017. Those amounts include roster bonuses in which Brooks receives approximately $50,000 for every game he is active in the regular season, a source said.Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

You guys keep harping on $2.85. But he's not worth $6.65 in 2013, not worth $7.5 in 2014, not worht $8.35 in 2015, not worth $6.35 in 2016 and not worth $5.3 in 2017. It's not a one year deal for $2.85....

Yea but he either wont be on our team by then or he will on the team and he will be worth the money

ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION
Stop being a Debbie downer

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM ]
Ok I'm glad to have him back. I hope he meets his high contract with great play over the next few years. I doubt it but we will see.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Brooks' deal, which 49ers chief negotiator Paraag Marathe worked out with agent Greg Williams, includes $17.5 million in guarantees, including a $7.5 million signing bonus.Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Brooks' future cap figures are $6.65 million in 2013, $7.5 million in 2014, 8.35 million in 2015, $6.35 million in 2016, and $5.3 million in 2017. Those amounts include roster bonuses in which Brooks receives approximately $50,000 for every game he is active in the regular season, a source said.Read more: Brooks' deal counts $2.85 million against 2012 cap Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Yea but he either wont be on our team by then or he will on the team and he will be worth the money

ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION
Stop being a Debbie downer

Ok so all is swell in niner land. $44 million contract for a 3rd tier OLB. Sure why not?..... Who else can we sign for $100 million next?

When did an alternate pro-bowler become a 3rd tier OLB only behind two WILL's in Ware & Matthews?
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 1, 2012 at 5:03 PM ]

...and if he doesn't play well he won't see themoney. It's really quite simple. I dunno why you don't see this.

Did Clements see 80 Million? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

If he is still on the roster making that money it will be BECAUSE HE EARNED IT. The team will release him in a hearbeat if he underperforms the deal. He got paid but still has huge incentive to continue to perform.

Seriously dude...at this point I think you are just trying to be difficult.

If you don't think that contract will be renegotiated or he will be released if he underperforms, you're nuts. Just wait till the $$$$ start flowing in mid march. This deal will look like NOTHING.
Ok I'm glad to have him back. I hope he meets his high contract with great play over the next few years. I doubt it but we will see.

Well if he doens't meet his high contract and play well then there is really nothing to complain/worry about, right?
sd lives in a world where players dont get better and what the player did the year before is the benchmark
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ok so all is swell in niner land. $44 million contract for a 3rd tier OLB. Sure why not?..... Who else can we sign for $100 million next?

When did an alternate pro-bowler become a 3rd tier OLB only behind two WILL's in Ware & Matthews?

No kidding. LOL!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
...and if he doesn't play well he won't see themoney. It's really quite simple. I dunno why you don't see this.

Did Clements see 80 Million? NOT EVEN CLOSE.

If he is still on the roster making that money it will be BECAUSE HE EARNED IT. The team will release him in a hearbeat if he underperforms the deal. He got paid but still has huge incentive to continue to perform.

Seriously dude...at this point I think you are just trying to be difficult.

If you don't think that contract will be renegotiated or he will be released if he underperforms, you're nuts. Just wait till the $$$$ start flowing in mid march. This deal will look like NOTHING.

this

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Well if he doens't meet his high contract and play well then there is really nothing to complain/worry about, right?

Especially since he will simply be RELEASED if he doesn't live up to the numbers (which really aren't very high when put into context).
Especially since he will simply be RELEASED if he doesn't live up to the numbers (which really aren't very high when put into context).

Exactly. I am ecstatic with this deal and how it was constructed.
Of course he's worth that money. You don't understand the value of a good 3-4 backer. It's a fantastic deal.

WHO ELSE WOULD THEY HAVE GOTTEN? Do I need to post the Free Agency list again and no linebacker coming out of college can play 3 downs of 3-4 backer.
Here's my best attempt at posting like SanDiego49er:

"7 sacks and the most QB pressures while playing on the strong side of the O-line = the suxxx0rs OLB "
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

It should work out ok. Next deal. Hopefully Goldson, Snyder, Ginn, Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone