There are 189 users in the forums

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

JH is doing this to s**t on Shwartz....Love it.
Originally posted by Fitness49:

Maybe, its funny though. But he just made us everyone's enemy.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Fitness49:

Maybe, its funny though. But he just made us everyone's enemy.

How so? The Giants or Falcons shouldn't care that he said that. The only team that should take offense would be the Lions, and that was probably by design.
Bree's is the single Season record holder for passing yards

The Saints are 8-0 at home this year

The Lions defense is ranked 23rd in the league and been giving up over 400 yds per game over the last few games.

What do you think?
I vote yes, the cornerbacks for Detroit are horrible. I give them .0001 % chance of winning
We should split prep between the three teams, but focus more heavily on the Saints and Falcons, as we've already played the Giants.

A conservative approach would be to prepare evenly for all three possible opponents until after this weekend. But if you feel good about the Saints winning and feel you can risk preparing less for this week on another opponent, then..

I'd say the focus should be something like: 50 percent New Orleans, 30 percent Atlanta, 20 percent New York.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

The Lions defense is ranked 23rd in the league and been giving up over 400 yds per game over the last few games.

What do you think?

Their secondary is decimated with injury. The DL is going to have to make plays for Detroit to win and I just don't see it. Stafford, if pressured, will not be able to beat the Saints at home.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

What do you think?

Their secondary is decimated with injury. The DL is going to have to make plays for Detroit to win and I just don't see it. Stafford, if pressured, will not be able to beat the Saints at home.

Suh has disappeared since his suspension, too. That doesn't help either......
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We should split prep between the three teams, but focus more heavily on the Saints and Falcons, as we've already played the Giants.

A conservative approach would be to prepare evenly for all three possible opponents until after this weekend. But if you feel good about the Saints winning and feel you can risk preparing less for this week on another opponent, then..

I'd say the focus should be something like: 50 percent New Orleans, 30 percent Atlanta, 20 percent New York.

i would say 50-40-10. NY is not that important to look at right now, other than some pierre paul and cruz stuff.

What do you think?

i think detroit pulls out the upset with stafford going legend and out scoring brees by just a little bit

Obviously they've changed some since we played them, but harbaugh has already game planned for the Giants this year. He wouldn't have to do as much work as he would if planning for a new team. It's highly unlikely both the falcons and lions win, so it's a pretty safe bet to spend 2 weeks planning for the saints, and maybe a refresher of the giants.
lions will win this game

lions are ranked 22nd in D without having suh houston and delmas for a stech of thr year (best pass rusher, #1 CB and best saftey)

saints are ranked 30 in there defense and have no defenseive answer for the lions WR especially CJ

lions have the best pass rush defensive line in nfl meaning they can put 7 guys in coverage while rushing only 4 guys
(this will lead to a couple of brees int)

and since running is off the table for both teams both teams will expect more passes meaning less guys in bo meaning more eople in coverae

saints will score about 27

lions will score 38
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lions will win this game

lions are ranked 22nd in D without having suh houston and delmas for a stech of thr year (best pass rusher, #1 CB and best saftey)

saints are ranked 30 in there defense and have no defenseive answer for the lions WR especially CJ

lions have the best pass rush defensive line in nfl meaning they can put 7 guys in coverage while rushing only 4 guys
(this will lead to a couple of brees int)

and since running is off the table for both teams both teams will expect more passes meaning less guys in bo meaning more eople in coverae

saints will score about 27

lions will score 38

Saints already whooped the Lions this year and they will do it again
i actually think detriot can win this game. their offense is just as explosive as NO. it could come down to who gets the ball last. i still would put money on NO, but DET has a good chance imo.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Saints already whooped the Lions this year and they will do it again

again without suh houston and delmas

and without theyre best pass rusher CB and S they only got 31 points
Share 49ersWebzone