LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

The Saints are a 10.5 point favorite against the Lions in Round 1. If the Saints win, they're our opponent in the divisional round. IF they don't we play the Falcons or Giants.

I say yes. I say that because I put the Saints odds of winning vs. the Lions at 95%, and if for some reason the Lions win, we'll have a week to prepare for a much less talented Falcons or Giants team.

Who's with me?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The Saints are a 10.5 point favorite against the Lions in Round 1. If the Saints win, they're our opponent in the divisional round. IF they don't we play the Falcons or Giants.

I say yes. I say that because I put the Saints odds of winning vs. the Lions at 95%, and if for some reason the Lions win, we'll have a week to prepare for a much less talented Falcons or Giants team.

Who's with me?

Yes. And I HOPE the Saints win. While there's no team I'd be more afraid to play on the road, there's no team I'm less afraid to play at home.
[ Edited by andes14 on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by andes14:
Yes. And I HOPE the Saints win. While there's no team I'd be more afraid to play on the road, there's no team I'm less afraid to play at home.

True. And the Falcons and Giants are hot right now, especially Atlanta.
I think we spend more preparation time this week on fundamentals, resting injuries, and correcting mistakes. Some time will be spent on opponents. a little more on Saints, because already played the Giants.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The coaches will absolutely spend this week planning for the Saints.
Im sure the 49ers are preparing for all the possible teams they might face. A few hours of tape each day keeps the odds of losing away
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we spend this week working on the things we can control , work on the little things that have gotten us this far. there is plenty of time to prepare for whoever. It is nice to know that for the first time in a looong time we have coaches who we trust to do the right things to get the team ready. when was the last time we could say,, well what ever,, i leave it up to the coaches to do the right things?!
My guess is that the coaches will be working their a$$ses off on New Orleans and maybe doing some preliminary work on Atlanta. Since we've already game planned for the Giants once before the coaches probably won't burn much time on them during the off week.

But we're getting the Saints . . . period.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM ]
They're preparing for New Orleans, Atlanta, and the Giants all at once.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
My guess is that the coaches will be working their a$$ses off on New Orleans and maybe doing some preliminary work on Atlanta. Since we've already game planned for the Giants once before the coaches probably won't burn much time them during the off week.

The Giants and the Falcons are pretty much the same team, IMHO

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Who's with me?

Agree, The Saints are very beatable on the road. Especially playing in SF in January
My guess is that the coaches will be working their a$$ses off on New Orleans and maybe doing some preliminary work on Atlanta. Since we've already game planned for the Giants once before the coaches probably won't burn much time on them during the off week.

yep just like last year when the saints were a lock to advance. the lions are a good team and should not be counted out.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

yep just like last year when the saints were a lock to advance. the lions are a good team and should not be counted out.

Of course the Lions are good, but the Saints are not losing at home to a team with no running game to speak of. Last January in Seattle will be fresh in the Saints mind and they won't let it happen at home. Stafford will wilt.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

this
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Schulzy:

this

are coaches are no joke. They spent part of the bye week starting to prepare for the Ravens at the end of November because they knew it would be a sort week. I think the coaches got this week covered.
Share 49ersWebzone