There are 163 users in the forums

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

in the name of sportsmanship, we should do nothing all week, no practice no film work, nothing, have a fair playing field
we can start the groundwork but anything can happen. drew brees could go down early and the saints get blown out. you just never know
Originally posted by frenchmov:
we can start the groundwork but anything can happen. drew brees could go down early and the saints get blown out. you just never know

what i really want is the saints to win but get 3 or 4 guys injured that cant play
I'm sure the coaches will start work on Atlanta and Saints and update the film on the Giants. I don't think they actually gameplan until they know who they're playing.

At the same time, I would hope that on offense they use the time to work on some situational redzone plays with Alex, VD and Crabs.
Originally posted by crabman82:
in the name of sportsmanship, we should do nothing all week, no practice no film work, nothing, have a fair playing field

what i really want is the saints to win but get 3 or 4 guys injured that cant play

Originally posted by jdt84_2:

LOL, You beat me to it
I think we should be practicing to defend an all out "aerial assault" ...the Saints, Giants and Packers will without a doubt throw 40+ times against us, so the key is to getting creative with our pass rush and finding ways to slow down their passing attacks ...our run defense is able to handle ANYBODY ... so we need to be ready to deal with a lot of 4 WR sets and prepare to defend the deep ball ...
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

LOL, You beat me to it

obviously my first post was tongue in cheek, but i do want them to get some guys dinged up, i remember seattle beating carolina in nfc title game and panthers were f**ked peppers got hurt week before and their top 2 rbs, davis and foster were both hurt and had to use nick going as the rb
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
They're preparing for New Orleans, Atlanta, and the Giants all at once.

this

are coaches are no joke. They spent part of the bye week starting to prepare for the Ravens at the end of November because they knew it would be a sort week. I think the coaches got this week covered.

Agreed. I have full confidence in our coaches.
I'd say rest until thursday, get the defense back in sync with PWillis, and get EVERY trick play ready for whomever we play. I want to have a 28pt lead @ half and let the defense control the tempo for the rest of the game.

Also, don't allow Gore onto the practice field until Wednesday next week b/c we need him rested and ready to run between the tackles....

Is anyone else excited to be talking about 49er postseason FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! ....I'm sorry, it's just sooooooooooooooooo beautiful

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
I'd say rest until thursday, get the defense back in sync with PWillis, and get EVERY trick play ready for whomever we play. I want to have a 28pt lead @ half and let the defense control the tempo for the rest of the game.

Also, don't allow Gore onto the practice field until Wednesday next week b/c we need him rested and ready to run between the tackles....

Is anyone else excited to be talking about 49er postseason FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! ....I'm sorry, it's just sooooooooooooooooo beautiful
It's ABOUT TIME we get back to where we belong
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

if it was a hamburger at mcdonalds, it'd be a mcpretty.

S/O to mass infusion(who needs to put their stuff on youtube so we can post it.)
no

never count out a team especially if they have one of the best d line infootball an strong armed qb and calvin johnson at the receiving end
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no

never count out a team especially if they have one of the best d line infootball an strong armed qb and calvin johnson at the receiving end

bad match up for the saints i think, saints can score on just about anyone so detroits D might be a moot point, but playing a team that can match them point for point has got to be a scary thought for them, comes down to TO's and who has the ball last
I'm sure the 9ers coaching staff are preparing for all scenarios.
Share 49ersWebzone