There are 212 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
f**k laconforna
Originally posted by ads_2006:
f**k laconforna

LOL...just reporting the tweet.
AlbertBreer Albert Breer

Good for O'Brien ... If you can deal with heat, ride out the situation that's ongoing there, few better jobs in football than Penn State.
AlbertBreer Albert Breer

In the air ... But for those asking about O'Brien and pro jobs: I think the Patriots OC has gotten advice on how great the PSU job could be.
YES!! TAKE THE JOB O'BRIEN!!!!!
take the job you stupid f**k o'brien! and you stay in san fran roman! i know you get conservative and our redzone hasn't been great but after dealing with the past 8 years of complete s**t i'm not going to run a guy out of town when we finished with 13 wins and tied a league record for fewest turnovers in a season
Roman for President.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien may be interested in Penn State after all. In fact, multiple reports, including the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and NFL Network, say O'Brien will interview at Penn State for their vacant head-coaching job tomorrow (Thursday 1/5).

Just a few days after his agent Joe Linta told me that O'Brien's main goal is to be an NFL head coach, O'Brien will vie to fill the shoes left by Joe Paterno. The former Duke offensive coordinator does have a Patriots practice tomorrow, so it'll be worth watching whether he's there or in State College.
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/01/04/for-real-this-time-patriots-oc-bill-obrien-will-interview-at-penn-state-tomorrow/
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien may be interested in Penn State after all. In fact, multiple reports, including the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and NFL Network, say O'Brien will interview at Penn State for their vacant head-coaching job tomorrow (Thursday 1/5).

Just a few days after his agent Joe Linta told me that O'Brien's main goal is to be an NFL head coach, O'Brien will vie to fill the shoes left by Joe Paterno. The former Duke offensive coordinator does have a Patriots practice tomorrow, so it'll be worth watching whether he's there or in State College.
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/01/04/for-real-this-time-patriots-oc-bill-obrien-will-interview-at-penn-state-tomorrow/

if hes in st college hes their coach, more and more im feeling relieved that roman will be here at least next yr until some dumb ass team comes calling again. i'll be a pissed off pats fan if he just leaves just like that at this time
Originally posted by global_nomad:

if hes in st college hes their coach, more and more im feeling relieved that roman will be here at least next yr until some dumb ass team comes calling again. i'll be a pissed off pats fan if he just leaves just like that at this time

Some people are speculating that Roman's agent/camp are the ones the leaked the information about him being a finalist because he has HC aspirations and they want to use this down the line "Hey my guy was a finalist for the Penn State job in 2012" as a resume builder. If Roman wants to leave, he will when he finds the right fit that wants him.

looks like obrien was hired by PSU. thank god!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Roman not going to Penn State. They hired Patriots' O'Brien.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7430206/bill-obrien-agrees-penn-state-nittany-lions-coach-sources-say
Originally posted by okdkid:
Roman not going to Penn State. They hired Patriots' O'Brien.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7430206/bill-obrien-agrees-penn-state-nittany-lions-coach-sources-say

If O'Brian leaves his team before the Patriots are finished in the postseason he is a big d@uche bag.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
If O'Brian leaves his team before the Patriots are finished in the postseason he is a big d@uche bag.

Sounds like Pats fans are happy he is leaving...makes me scratch my head though...
Share 49ersWebzone