LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btwagner:
geep chryst will be the replacement I think

Maiocco said in his hour chat this morning that Geep Chryst and even Tom Rathman are being circulated within the building as possible replacements.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Maiocco said in his hour chat this morning that Geep Chryst and even Tom Rathman are being circulated within the building as possible replacements.

Id prefer Chryst since he has worked with Alex and should already have a good rapport with him
Originally posted by valrod33:

Id prefer Chryst since he has worked with Alex and should already have a good rapport with him

Does Alex have the much pull with play calling? I mean Alex should have his own QB coach and has Harabuagh as a defacto QB coach. Unless you mean calling the play based off of what they know the strengths of Smith are. Harbaugh has been involved in the offensive game plan all year so that should be discussed between coaches ever week.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Maiocco said in this chat that he does not think Roman will be offered the position. Said all reports have been from one camp (Roman's), nothing from Penn State. Maiocco said that makes him skeptical and thinks Roman's camp is doing what it can to keep his name relevant.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Maiocco said in this chat that he does not think Roman will be offered the position. Said all reports have been from one camp (Roman's), nothing from Penn State. Maiocco said that makes him skeptical and thinks Roman's camp is doing what it can to keep his name relevant.

what a tactic

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by RKab:
Chryst's brother is the new head coach at Pitt. Pitt was rumored to be looking at hiring Geep as OC.

Pitt: Multiple reports are circulating that Wisconsin offensive line coach Bob Bostad will be joining Paul Chryst at Pitt as the offensive coordinator.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop?start=5
I saw that rumor already not gonna happen.
Originally posted by valrod33:

this
seriously i dont know how penn st goes from paterno to roman, only way i think they can have a shot of fixing this sandusky mess is by hiring a big name guy or at least someone with penn st ties. everyone at penn st will say who the f**k is greg roman?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

what a tactic

Damn CIA mind tactics!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

what a tactic

Damn CIA mind tactics!

Not the first time Greg Roman and CIA mind tactics have been used in the same sentence this fall: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/greg-roman-the-49ers-king-of-pain-556157.html

too bad you need to be a damn Bay Area News Group subscriber to read the full story

Originally posted by monsterzero789:

what a tactic

Damn CIA mind tactics!

Not the first time Greg Roman and CIA mind tactics have been used in the same sentence this fall: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/greg-roman-the-49ers-king-of-pain-556157.html

too bad you need to be a damn Bay Area News Group subscriber to read the full story

Here's the main part his pseudo CIA training : http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/151589-greg-roman-named-49ers-offensive-coordinator/page14/#post202
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I saw that rumor already not gonna happen.

Why?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
seriously i dont know how penn st goes from paterno to roman, only way i think they can have a shot of fixing this sandusky mess is by hiring a big name guy or at least someone with penn st ties. everyone at penn st will say who the f**k is greg roman?

Actually, a guy like Roman would be an easier way to fix this sad mess.

Penn State needs someone who isn't connected to Penn State football at all, they need a fresh start.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Actually, a guy like Roman would be an easier way to fix this sad mess.

Penn State needs someone who isn't connected to Penn State football at all, they need a fresh start.

I think Flynn's big game for GB on Sunday helps the 49ers. Clements the QB coach was also named as a finalist and he is credited for bringing along Rodgers and Flynn. There was even a rumor that he will be having a sit down interview with PSU this week on the Packers week off. At least Roman's interview was a month ago and nothing else is set up.
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Pats OC Bill O'Brien to interview with Penn State, deal could come together quickly. From NFL.com: http://bit.ly/zbkrdq. #insideslant
Share 49ersWebzone