There are 196 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
He basically said that his agent got dooped into saying that he was a finalist. All that he has done is interview with Penn State about a month ago. But he did go onto say that Penn State is a lifetime job, so if for some reason he was offered the job he would be there for life, but he loves the situation he is in now and the people he works with.

Sounds like he took both sides.

Why is he interviewing during the season, no wonder our offense sucks big rhinoceros cocks.

This happens all the time. I'll bet he got permission from Harbaugh to interview.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if he takes this job it will be a big betrayal to Harbaugh IMO. I mean CMON.....where would he be without Harbaugh! i understand its a big opportunity but Harbaugh has done so much for him and he cant bail the first year in NFL, especially if we go to the SB

Harbaugh would be happy for him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Marvin49:
He basically said that his agent got dooped into saying that he was a finalist. All that he has done is interview with Penn State about a month ago. But he did go onto say that Penn State is a lifetime job, so if for some reason he was offered the job he would be there for life, but he loves the situation he is in now and the people he works with.

Why is he interviewing during the season, no wonder our offense sucks big rhinoceros cocks.

This happens all the time. I'll bet he got permission from Harbaugh to interview.

I really dont care if he gets the job or not, either way Im happy because JH is the man with the master plan.

But could you imagine Penn State going from Joe Paterno to Greg Roman aka (who the f**k is that guy)
Roman looks like Otho from Beetlejuice.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if he takes this job it will be a big betrayal to Harbaugh IMO. I mean CMON.....where would he be without Harbaugh! i understand its a big opportunity but Harbaugh has done so much for him and he cant bail the first year in NFL, especially if we go to the SB

If you're thinking that's a betrayal, how about all of the kids who signed to play at Stanford after listening to Harbaugh's recruitment speeches, only to have him take an NFL job. Betrayal, give me a break, its called advancing your career, you know, the exact same thing that Harbaugh did by taking the 49ers job.

And if Roman does leave, there's two major differences then with all of the other OC's that left,

A) Harbaugh (unlike Nolan and Singletary) actually has an offensive system in place. Therefore he knows what type of OC to hire (unlike Nolan who just plugged a person into a spot and Singletary who still thinks its the 70s).

B) It's Jim Harbaugh, he know offense as opposed to our last coaches.

If Roman does take the Penn State job, I know for a fact that Harbaugh will get a quality replacement because Jim (unlike Nolan and Singletary) knows what in the hell he's doing on offense.
Originally posted by alexstinks:

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Good luck recruiting after that huge Sandusky scandal, but it's his decision.
First I don't think he is going to be Penn State's #1 choice for the job. You need someone a lot more high profile to succeed Joe Paterno. What has Greg Roman really done so far? He may not last very long as our offensive coordinator given the level of interest he is being shown but I don't think we are going to lose him to Penn St.
something tells me that roman doesn't wanna coach in college
Why the Niner's staff? Why not the f***ing Packers or Saints' OC?? They are the ones bludgeoning opponents defenses.....makes no damn sense to me....

dont worry, the next coach for penn state is going to be the president of nambla
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cortana49:

Originally posted by hofer36:
dont worry, the next coach for penn state is going to be the president of nambla

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Jesu80ncleats.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I really dont care if he gets the job or not, either way Im happy because JH is the man with the master plan.

But could you imagine Penn State going from Joe Paterno to Greg Roman aka (who the f**k is that guy)
I agree.

I understand fans freaking out over another change at OC but this is Harbaugh, I am 100% positive that we will promote Chryst to OC. We will be fine and like I said before in other posts similar to this one, Harbaugh will call the plays if hes not comfortable with other options.
Share 49ersWebzone