LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Soo umm who do you see NOT making it back with the Niners next season? Trade or Release?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we'll re-sign:

QB Alex Smith
CB Carlos Rogers
WR Joshua Morgan

Not sure:

FS Dashon Goldson
WR Braylon Edwards
LB Ahmad Brooks
WR Ted Ginn Jr.

Gone:

CB Shawntae Spencer
G Chilo Rachal
FB Moran Norris

I think we find a way to re-sign Goldson. Ginn, Edwards, and Brooks could be difficult to re-sign, but I have read that the 49ers are interested in keeping Edwards because they know the kind of player he can be when healthy.

Regarding free agency, maybe we can get a guy like Colts' WR Reggie Wayne? (If we don't keep Edwards) I would also like a veteran OG to step in at RG. I was hoping to sign Brian Waters last year, but he signed with the Patriots.

As for the draft, I'd like to draft:

1. A tall, physical WR primarily as a redzone threat.
2. 2 CBs, one to pair with Rogers and one for depth.
3. A pass rushing LB to pair with Aldon Smith.
4. A pass catching TE to push Davis and Walker.
5. A small, speedy WR to use as a deep threat. (A better Ted Ginn Jr.)
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 14, 2011 at 4:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
hear baalke may go after dwayne bowe (he ranked him high in the draft that year)

great, another skill position player not known for having great hands
Reggie Wayne? yes he is on the back end of his career, but I would give it a shot! he prob stays in Indy with that situation, but u never know.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think we'll re-sign:

QB Alex Smith
CB Carlos Rogers
WR Joshua Morgan

Not sure:

FS Dashon Goldson
WR Braylon Edwards
LB Ahmad Brooks
WR Ted Ginn Jr.

Gone:

CB Shawntae Spencer
G Chilo Rachal
FB Moran Norris

I think we find a way to re-sign Goldson. Ginn, Edwards, and Brooks could be difficult to re-sign, but I have read that the 49ers are interested in keeping Edwards because they know the kind of player he can be when healthy.

Regarding free agency, maybe we can get a guy like Colts' WR Reggie Wayne? (If we don't keep Edwards) I would also like a veteran OG to step in at RG. I was hoping to sign Brian Waters last year, but he signed with the Patriots.

As for the draft, I'd like to draft:

1. A tall, physical WR primarily as a redzone threat.
2. 2 CBs, one to pair with Rogers and one for depth.
3. A pass rushing LB to pair with Aldon Smith.
4. A pass catching TE to push Davis and Walker.
5. A small, speedy WR to use as a deep threat. (A better Ted Ginn Jr.)

Spot on. I'd put a lot of emphases on a monster WR in the draft. I don't care where we find him. I would even look to finding another D. Walker type TE and convert him into a WR. Another corner is a must. I think we are good on pass rushers unless we can't re-sign Brooks. And I think we already have a speedy reciever in Kyle Williams. To me he is the better Ginn
Carlos Rogers wants a 5-6 year deal. That is NOT going to happen and I don't see him signing a 2-3 year deal. I hope I'm wrong but as of now I read somewhere that the sides are very far apart on an extension. Rogers is 30 years old. Not sure how he figures he should get a 6 year deal. If we dont sign him, then CB goes from a gaping hole to a black hole and somehow they need to keep him in SF!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Carlos Rogers wants a 5-6 year deal. That is NOT going to happen and I don't see him signing a 2-3 year deal. I hope I'm wrong but as of now I read somewhere that the sides are very far apart on an extension. Rogers is 30 years old. Not sure how he figures he should get a 6 year deal. If we dont sign him, then CB goes from a gaping hole to a black hole and somehow they need to keep him in SF!

5 years would be okay. I don't think age should be the be all. How healthy the player has been is more the reason. Remember, as old as Walt Harris was he was a solid corner. Someone like spencer-younger but always hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone