LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Soo umm who do you see NOT making it back with the Niners next season? Trade or Release?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Memo to the board:

Chilo Rachal's contract expires at the end of THIS season. Once the season ends the 49ers will no longer control his rights and therefore we cannot trade him.

I think its worth a shot to try, don't ya think?

The trade deadline for this season has passed. No further trades will be allowed until the 2012-13 league year begins next March . . . at which time his contract with the 49ers will have expired . . . thus precluding our ability to trade him unless we re-signed him first.
Our choice to let go:
Chilo
Spencer
Norris
B. Edwards
M. Williams

Economics or inability to resign:
C. Rogers
D. Goldson - although he may end up experiencing the same free agency experience he endured this last off season
Memo to the board:

Chilo Rachal's contract expires at the end of THIS season. Once the season ends the 49ers will no longer control his rights and therefore we cannot trade him.

The trade deadline for this season has passed. No further trades will be allowed until the 2012-13 league year begins next March . . . at which time his contract with the 49ers will have expired . . . thus precluding our ability to trade him unless we re-signed him first.

But we should still try though, no?
Memo to the board:

lol
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Memo to the board:

lol

Hey why not? All they can do is say no.
Dashon Goldston deserves a new contract, he plays alot better than people give him credit for. Hits hard. Has 2-3 picks this season. He's not called "the hawk" for no reason. He's the tallest DB we have, if we cut M.Williams and dont resign DG, what free agent would be better? imagine if we didnt resign him this year and just had williams and sumone else, wed lose ALOT of games. Goldston is an impact player. He's a valuable piece to this Niner defense. I always make the argument of What if it was Goldston covering Miles Austin on that last TD before we went into overtime, would Tony Romo even had thrown to him?..in his first two games back from injury, he had 18 tackles. The guy WANTS to be a niner, he WANTS to play in SF.
ginn morgan and braylon one or 2 will not be back rachel is good as gone reggie smith will be released i think
Originally posted by QBguru:
Tolzien. Lol jk I speak blasphemy

You must be purified by fire. The pain will show you Truth.

How many roster moves were made this offseason? How many games have we won? Tolzien is winning games w/out even suiting up! As a merciful deity, he allows Alex to work as his harbinger, preparing the way. When the AGE OF TOLZIEN arrives, you will see wonders the likes of which could not be conjured by your most desparate of chemically-induced hallucinations. I predict 5 attempts for 65 completions, 4,000 passing yards and 20 TD's in his first series, ambidextrous throwing, and at least 3 free-running blitzers that are consumed by a two-story flame lion that originates from His left nostril (you don't want him to use the right).
Memo to the board:

lol

Maybe we can get some practice squad picks for him.
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
Our choice to let go:
Chilo
Spencer
Norris
B. Edwards
M. Williams

Economics or inability to resign:
C. Rogers
D. Goldson - although he may end up experiencing the same free agency experience he endured this last off season

Agree with your list for the most part. But Spencer and Edwards would depend on their play in the second half of the year. Spencer has not played so he may be already gone in the minds of the coaching staff. If Edwards comes back strong from his injury and helps in the playoffs then I would try to keep him.

My list would be:
Norris
Rachal
M Williams

The rest would depend on available FA replacements. Draft picks can't be depended upon to start. Rogers would be a keeper at the right price or if there are no replacements better than he is.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM ]

Gone..

Alex Smith (agree with the free agency thing... someone is gonna show him crazy money)
Rachal (release)
Norris (I can also see Dixon moving to FB)
Madeiu Williams
Brock
Shawntae
Anthony Davis (trade bait!)
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Gone..

Alex Smith (agree with the free agency thing... someone is gonna show him crazy money)
Rachal (release)
Norris (I can also see Dixon moving to FB)
Madeiu Williams
Brock
Shawntae
Anthony Davis (trade bait!)

Hell no we need Davis.
We may need Davis but we may need a Quarterback even more if Alex Smith goes. Anthony Davis might buy us a high second or even a low first round pick, Looking at our offensive line, in the cold hard light of day, Davis is probably expendable.
Memo to the board:

lol

should send out an email
Originally posted by CainanUK:
We may need Davis but we may need a Quarterback even more if Alex Smith goes. Anthony Davis might buy us a high second or even a low first round pick, Looking at our offensive line, in the cold hard light of day, Davis is probably expendable.

To be replaced by who?
Share 49ersWebzone