LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Soo umm who do you see NOT making it back with the Niners next season? Trade or Release?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Alex Smith.

I know, a lot are going to call this hateing or whatever; but, some stupid team (Redskins) will probably offer way too much $$$ to Alex for us to want to keep him.

That wouldn't be a trade or release.
Tolzien. Lol jk I speak blasphemy
Originally posted by martysofresh:
The "Alex Smith problem" will be 100% gone when we upgrade the O-Line and Recieving Corps. If we let Edwards walk and manage to get Vincent Jackson, then we draft Kendall Wright we might have something nice. V. Jackson, Kendall Wright, K.Williams, Crabtree, and Morgan. With Ginn focusing on KR/PR.

A healthy Edwards is better than V Jackson, he takes plays off at important times in the game.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Envy:
Alex Smith.

I know, a lot are going to call this hateing or whatever; but, some stupid team (Redskins) will probably offer way too much $$$ to Alex for us to want to keep him.

That might happen actually. I'd be shocked but its not that much of a stretch.

Alex would resign with the Niners for less money before he went to a team like the 'Skins
After what Alex went through his first six years, Harbaugh would have to physically throw him out of the building to get hin to leave. Alex will be back next year and the year after that. He'll get a two-year contract at about $10M per.

The only question with Alex Smith, is how much we are going to pay him. Isn't he making 5M right now? I don't see why we would double his salary to 10M. That doesn't make sense to me. If another team offered him 15 million a year (which won't happen), I bet he would stay for half of that.

Alex Smith leaving would be pure insanity on so many levels. No team is going to pay him very much. He knows for a fact that Harbaugh resurrected his career from the dead, and so do other teams. We should be able to keep him for another year, at a similar salary he is making now.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for QBguru.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Envy:
Alex Smith.

That might happen actually. I'd be shocked but its not that much of a stretch.

Alex would resign with the Niners for less money before he went to a team like the 'Skins
After what Alex went through his first six years, Harbaugh would have to physically throw him out of the building to get hin to leave. Alex will be back next year and the year after that. He'll get a two-year contract at about $10M per.

The only question with Alex Smith, is how much we are going to pay him. Isn't he making 5M right now? I don't see why we would double his salary to 10M. That doesn't make sense to me. If another team offered him 15 million a year (which won't happen), I bet he would stay for half of that.

Alex Smith leaving would be pure insanity on so many levels. No team is going to pay him very much. He knows for a fact that Harbaugh resurrected his career from the dead, and so do other teams. We should be able to keep him for another year, at a similar salary he is making now.

That would be disrespectful not to give him a raise. The Guy is part of the reason we are 9-2. I know the Guy is a team player and puts the 49ers before himself, but he deserves more than 5 million a year. You reward your best players. Especially if he gets us to the big game.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I would package gore and this years first for the first pick from Indy. I know I know I love Frank hes been my keeper for the last three years but he is getting long in the tooth and for a franchise QB I would do it in a heartbeat. SORRY

the #32 pick and Gore would not be nearly enough to get the #1 overall pick.

exactly, why would INDY take a potentially late 1st rd pick, and just an injury prone RB for the 1st pick?

They have Addai, Delone Carter under contract, plus that RB they drafted in the 1st back in i think 09.

If anything It would take one of our stars or stars in the making, plus a 1st and possibly another high draft pick to get to 1 and get Luck.

I hate to even mention it, but they might take a 1st round pick and P. Willie. That would just be stupid on our behalf though because he is the leader of our defense. Plus we have one of the best QB friendly head coaches since Andy Reid meaning we wont ever need the most talented QB to have results. Smith's potential has been maximized, but imagine what Kap will look like in a couple seasons. We wont go after Luck.
I would package gore and this years first for the first pick from Indy. I know I know I love Frank hes been my keeper for the last three years but he is getting long in the tooth and for a franchise QB I would do it in a heartbeat. SORRY

exactly, why would INDY take a potentially late 1st rd pick, and just an injury prone RB for the 1st pick?

They have Addai, Delone Carter under contract, plus that RB they drafted in the 1st back in i think 09.

If anything It would take one of our stars or stars in the making, plus a 1st and possibly another high draft pick to get to 1 and get Luck.

I hate to even mention it, but they might take a 1st round pick and P. Willie. That would just be stupid on our behalf though because he is the leader of our defense. Plus we have one of the best QB friendly head coaches since Andy Reid meaning we wont ever need the most talented QB to have results. Smith's potential has been maximized, but imagine what Kap will look like in a couple seasons. We wont go after Luck.

What was that Prime? Didn't quite get that, just post it again will you?

Originally posted by English:

The site must have had a hiccup, there are a couple of threads where posts were repeated.
Chilo Rachal( worth maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder if we were to trade him) This is a big maybe but I would take that value.
Moran Norris (his time is up) Yes. Bye.
Shawntae Spencer (I like him when he plays, but he's always hurt. Kinda like a Bob Sanders scenario. Could trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder as well) Probably not again because he's always hurt. But I would take that value or less.
Tremaine Brock (I feel that maybe he's peaked, not sure. He's a nickel corner at best)-I disagree here. I think he's good. He's worth brining back. He works hard.
Tarrell Brown (Only if we can land a better CB)-We should keep him AND try to land another guy. He's good as a cover guy vs the smaller speedy guys. He just can't handle the big boys. I don't know that we need to upgrade here so much as diversify. WE need a big kid who can play outside and nickel so you can interchange Brown with him as it becomes necessarry.
Madieu Williams (Cost us the Cowboys game, plus he brings nothing to the team. He can definitely enjoy free agency)-He's a fair backup but could lose his job to a rookie who can play.
Memo to the board:

Chilo Rachal's contract expires at the end of THIS season. Once the season ends the 49ers will no longer control his rights and therefore we cannot trade him.
Originally posted by English:

Cruel and unusual modding! Prime is just posting for the hard of hearing!

Hiccups are a problem. When it looks like nothing has happened and then two minutes later...multiple posts!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 2, 2011 at 7:12 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Memo to the board:

Chilo Rachal's contract expires at the end of THIS season. Once the season ends the 49ers will no longer control his rights and therefore we cannot trade him.

I think its worth a shot to try, don't ya think?
Share 49ersWebzone