There are 541 users in the forums

You have been a 49ers fan since...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

You have been a 49ers fan since...

2002 wildcard V the giants was the first game i watched
2002 wildcard V the giants was the first game i watched
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
what, no kezar era fans on the WZ?

Went to a few games at Kezar when I was only about 4 or 5 years old with my Dad. Don't remember too much, except that we played the Eagles and there were players fighting all over the field. And when I was about 10, I had a dog named Brodie. Can easily say I can remember being a 49er fan since the late 60's.

Maybe, it's because this thread/question, has been presented to The Zone before ...
Well, not maybe; actually. I don't know if you did, but a search would have revealed
such.

If you did search, sometimes your wording has to be altered, in order to gather a proper
result.

BTW, I still voted ... since April 1981
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
700 A.D.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Maybe, it's because this thread/question, has been presented to The Zone before ...
Well, not maybe; actually. I don't know if you did, but a search would have revealed
such.

If you did search, sometimes your wording has to be altered, in order to gather a proper
result.

BTW, I still voted ... since April 1981

I posted it mainly 'cos of the anticipated influx of bandwagon fans imminent...
Born 1979, started watching in 88'
Since the 1988 NFC Championship Game in Chicago (28-3). I lived in the US at the time.

Go Niners !

• mod
  • Veteran
a fan all my life... a True fan since 2002
I was born and raised a 49ers fan since my dad was a diehard fan, but I REALLY didn't start following them closely until 2005 (I was 11)

I guess it was having the 1st overall pick that interested me, but that's when I started reading about them everyday and religiously watching every single game.

Haven't missed one game since...
In 1980 I was introduced to the niners by my cowboy fan grandfather the first game where we beat the hell outta them, I was nine and gramps was babysitting me and my twin and had the game on. He was a ND football fan and was telling me to watch Montana play, being a cowboy fan, he was pissed about the game, but that was my intro to niner football. Then in the playoffs, we watched the catch, it was that game that hooked me for good.
dont vote based on when you were born. being a real fan is something that requires watching every game, knowing the players, knowing the history, knowing the game, etc. I cant just say ive been a fan since 1986 because thats when I was born, and I had a little 49ers shirt.

I became an actual fan in 1995. up until then I liked the 49ers, but mainly because we were from the bay area, and my dad had been a fan for a long time. I remember casually watching the 1994 Super Bowl, and it being no big deal because the 49ers always won the Super Bowl. little did I know that when I really started to pay attention the next season, that would be the last time they won it all for a very long time.

I remember when we changed the helmet logo in 96, and went to the darker red. I remember the 97 NFC Championship game in the mud vs. the Packers, Young getting knocked out and Grbac playing out a very painful loss. I remember the Garrison Hearst 96 yd TD run in OT vs. the Jets, and still have the game on VHS tape. "The Catch 2", probably my fav. Niner moment since I became a fan, Young getting hit by Aeneas Williams and never getting back up, the whole Garcia/Owens growing pain years, the 2001 season where we went 12-4 and looked to be right back on track, the 2002 Wild Card comeback against the Giants, then getting dismantled the next week in TB. for some reason the only thing i remember about that game was an early Rashad Holman interception. probably the last glimmer of hope that season had before it all went down the drain.

And then there was the hiring of Dennis Erickson after a slew of interviews, and everyone going "HUH!??" after he was announced as the hire. I think we opened the season by completely destroying the Kordell Stewart led Chicago bears like 49-7. in my mind, that was the last hoorah for the 49ers dynasty of the era. from there everything became an 8 year long blur of losing and frustration.

Hopefully we are back to making winning memories again!
Originally posted by Method:
I was born in 87' been a fan since 86'

Same goes for me
Share 49ersWebzone