LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

You have been a 49ers fan since...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

You have been a 49ers fan since...

1980, Steve Deberg and the microphone/speaker system he wore.
1957, Still have heartache for the playoff loss to the Lions.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
a fan all my life... a True fan since 2002

This. I didn't really give a f**k about football until i was 15.
First real memory I have of football is the cowboys steelers superbowl in '96. Stupid 9 year old kid I was probably playing video games, no memory of the 49ers 5th ring and my family has been diehard fans since their first superbowl. I've been saving newspaper clippings since 6th grade...waiting for ring 6 patiently.
1981, HS Senior and I hated the Cowboys. When the 9ers beat them that year I was hooked for life.
Anyone else from the early 80's can tell you, the 9ers were winners for the next 20 years.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
1957, Still have heartache for the playoff loss to the Lions.

Don't know that story, what happened?
Born in 75 and been a fan since 79-80. Went to my first 49ers training camp for my 6th birthday. My mother is a fan, grandfather and grandmother, so I guess I was kind born into it I guess. I love my Niners more than my Lakers.

I have two step sons that I have kind of forced to be Niners fans for the last few years. They are only 7 and 9 and have only seen this team lose, lose and lose. It's so nice to finally have them see the Niners win.....we live in Indy. WE HATE THE COLTS and they win every year so they could have easily jumped on that bandwagon.

My daughter is about to turn 2 in a couple of weeks and I've got her saying, "Go Niners"
  • buck
  • Veteran
Since 1979.

The day Joe Montana was drafted.
Dumbest poll ever, should have "Since Birth" option.

Originally posted by mayo49:
700 A.D.

Best answer yet
Born into a 49er faithful family, born in 85, didn't have the privilege of beholding the greatness that was San Francisco football in its golden years.Started in the Mariucci era,remember a young T.O. catching that beauty against Green Bay in the playoffs, and Hearst getting injured against Atlanta. My fondest memory would have to be when Ulbrich and Fields hoisted Bryant Young on their shoulders after his last game at the stick, Young being the last player from a 49er Super Bowl team. The last link to the SB teams left the year Willis came into the league, heres to hoping Willis and this new brand of 49er football reignite the flame.
Late 80's for me. I am 32 and my brother who was and still is easily the worlds biggest bandwagon jumper latched on to the Niners during the Montana era. I still remember the Bengals Superbowl though I was pretty small, I was hooked after that game. He has moved on but I never did.

All my teams are tied to experiences like this. I grew up in Upstate NY, and was a Flyers fan way before I moved to Philly because that was the first pro team of any sport I ever saw live...
I was also born into a 49er faithful family in 86, I'm not from San Francisco I've lived in St. Louis my whole life but my Dad was stationed in San Fran when he was in the Navy in the late 70's early 80's. I never had a choice, I would of been put up for adoption otherwise. I'm loving that we are 5-1 and the suck ass Rams are 0-5 !!
Originally posted by 49erfannindy:

My daughter is about to turn 2 in a couple of weeks and I've got her saying, "Go Niners"

haha gotta start em young. My 4yr old neice runs around the house making everyone say go niners, and my brother/her dad is a casual raider fan. His son is a raider fan too, luckily i was able to save my neice from the darkside
[ Edited by InconvenientTooth on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:29 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone