LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

John Taylor Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DerekSmithBestLBEver:
It's amazing how many people praise this guy but bash Owens. I mean yeah, Taylor was a good player for a few years and was clutch, but this is also the same guy that had drug problems MANY times, costing him games to play in and costing us when it happened.

When has Terrell Owens ever gone to rehab for drug problems, let alone arrested?

Haven't you been banned from this site enough times to know you are not welcome Taber?

John Taylor was NOT the public cancer that TO was. PERIOD. Get over it and go stir ish up at Ninernews, assuming you haven't been banned from that site again as well.
Originally posted by WINiner:
It's amazing how many people praise this guy but bash Owens. I mean yeah, Taylor was a good player for a few years and was clutch, but this is also the same guy that had drug problems MANY times, costing him games to play in and costing us when it happened.

When has Terrell Owens ever gone to rehab for drug problems, let alone arrested?

Haven't you been banned from this site enough times to know you are not welcome Taber?

John Taylor was NOT the public cancer that TO was. PERIOD. Get over it and go stir ish up at Ninernews, assuming you haven't been banned from that site again as well.

Uh oh...

Who is Taber?
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Suspended for four games. And that was it? That's a far cry from your original statement of:

same guy that had drug problems MANY times, costing him games to play in and costing us when it happened.

We also won the Super Bowl that season, so, while it may have cost him some games, it sure didn't cost "us" anything in terms of an overall championship.

But, water under the bridge.

I ain't going there about T.O. Dude's a curse on football. Niners should have cut his bu** when he started to turn into a jerk. You're confusing the word "cancer" with the term "championship caliber football player."

The latter applies to John Taylor.

T.O. is a curse.

T.O. is a curse....That's why he has a winning percentage of .580 in his career. That's why he put up 8 catches for 120 yards on one leg in the suprerbowl when Donavan mcNabb decided to get tired in the 2 minute drill at the end. Yeah, he's a total curse all right...A curse for whiny sheep fans like you that believe everything you hear in the media.

Last i checked, Owens has never missed games due to problems off the field. And I say this as a John Taylor fan.....He had major problems off the field.

Just mad that you're the laughing stock over at 49ers News. Btw, I'm not Taber, you dolt.

John taylor was a cocaine addict...While Owens "the bad guy" has never had a problem off the field, unless you count fabricated stories of pain medication overdose.
Suspended for four games. And that was it? That's a far cry from your original statement of:

same guy that had drug problems MANY times, costing him games to play in and costing us when it happened.

We also won the Super Bowl that season, so, while it may have cost him some games, it sure didn't cost "us" anything in terms of an overall championship.

But, water under the bridge.

I ain't going there about T.O. Dude's a curse on football. Niners should have cut his bu** when he started to turn into a jerk. You're confusing the word "cancer" with the term "championship caliber football player."

The latter applies to John Taylor.

T.O. is a curse.

T.O. is a curse....That's why he has a winning percentage of .580 in his career. That's why he put up 8 catches for 120 yards on one leg in the suprerbowl when Donavan mcNabb decided to get tired in the 2 minute drill at the end. Yeah, he's a total curse all right...A curse for whiny sheep fans like you that believe everything you hear in the media.

Last i checked, Owens has never missed games due to problems off the field. And I say this as a John Taylor fan.....He had major problems off the field.

Baaaaa

If you're so sure that T.O. is loved by millions -- you should put it up for a vote. Start a new thread. Call us names. Get banned. All fun and games in a day's work.

Just mad that you're the laughing stock over at 49ers News. Btw, I'm not Taber, you dolt.

John taylor was a cocaine addict...While Owens "the bad guy" has never had a problem off the field, unless you count fabricated stories of pain medication overdose.

Only Taber would use that username, and then start a thread sooooo obviously intended to stir the pot, while throwing in the obligatory "TO is a stud and you are all morons for hating him, and here's proof" post. Nice try tho.

And nobody talks about me at Ninernews, I know this to be true.

For some reason, and I could be wrong, I don't remember John Taylor having a drug problem that cost him games.

Am I just cancelling out the bad memories?

Not that I at all agree with what he says about JT costing us games, but this is an interesting read.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1142633/index.htm
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jdean:
JT holds the title for having the biggest butt of any WR.

And the biggest hands ever at the combine , 11" plus.

Is that supposed to mean you don't believe me. Look up john Taylor on Wikipedia. I would link it but I am not sure how. It says he has 11.2" hands.
So now we start threads about great past players and degrade their history? Cmon man.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
So now we start threads about great past players and degrade their history? Cmon man.

We started this because a guy made a f**k JT thread.

Is that supposed to mean you don't believe me. Look up john Taylor on Wikipedia. I would link it but I am not sure how. It says he has 11.2" hands.

it means you gave him a boner.
  • jdean
  • Veteran

Is that supposed to mean you don't believe me. Look up john Taylor on Wikipedia. I would link it but I am not sure how. It says he has 11.2" hands, the largest of any wr going thru the combine.

Quote:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Ooooooh! that was the last thing I wanted to do. oh and his hands are the largest for any wr.

Originally posted by NorthNiner:

• jdean
  • Veteran

I think I just goofed all this up. Sorry about this mess I just created, but I am new to all this.

• jdean
  • Veteran

I think I just goofed all this up. Sorry about this mess I just created, but I am new to all this.

I give up , I am going to bed . I hope you guys can figure out what I wanted to say. I can't.
As many of you know, he was my favorite Niner. There's something about the quiet, strong silent type that delivered that was wonderful about him. Rice got all the accolades but Taylor was just unreal at times. I thought I read somewhere that some defensive coordinators were more concerned with him than Rice.

I wanted to hear some of your memories of the guy, and I'm sure there are good ones since I never got to see all of the regular season games from '86 till now having left SF.

My list:

Punt return in SB 23
Winning TD catch in SB 23
Long TD against Eagles (4 TD 4th quarter comeback) '89
2 90+ yd TD catches against Rams MNF '89
TD against Giants MNF '90
TD against Giants NFCC '90
97 yd TD against Falcons '91

I also recall just a thorough dominance against the Rams. No matter what season it was, he had their #, even '94 and '95.

And was wondering when JT started to decline. It seems '93 was his last ~1000 yard season, and then a big drop off in '94. They say it was a knee thing.....when was that suffered? I recall him breaking his leg against the Jets in the '91 or '92 season. Not sure if related.

Was frustrating seeing him not be quite the threat in '94 that he used to be, with a long catch of only 35 yards. But I remember perhaps his last big game catch was that 32 yard catch on 3rd down in the first Cowboy game that year that sealed the game.

That very exact condition JT in Sunday's game may not have been explosive but he would have had a few catches....

How spoiled we once were!!!
Share 49ersWebzone