LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

John Taylor Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

End thread
Edit : End discussion of if or was he...
[ Edited by RYPTOUT on Oct 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM ]
jt=beast
  • dj43
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:

End thread

eh, bunch of checkdown passes.

• MuggD
  • Veteran

End thread
That clip wasn't that great imo. It didn't show any of his great plays.
The man was a beast. Never forget Monday Night game against the Rams. Classic. He was also a great blocker downfield like Rice
That was probably the worst thread ever on the zone. But, I must say John Taylor was no Rashaun Woods.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
JT holds the title for having the biggest butt of any WR.
Amazing how big the shoulder pads were.
Whenever John Taylor's name is mentioned I get a little upset. Every time I see or here Lynn Swan I think about John Taylor and again I get a little upset. So again I ask why is John Taylor not in the HOF and Lynn Swan is? They both have almost identical career numbers. Maybe the NFL is going to make John wait 20 freakin years like they made Lynn wait before his introduction into the HALL? Something tells me John will have to wait a lot longer if he even gets in at all.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Amazing how big the shoulder pads were.

I said in another thread that willis need ssome of those throwback pads, so he looks huge and fierce.

John Taylor was one of my favorite Niners ever. He never did anything but play hard and come up with great game changing plays. I know he won the Superbowl but my 2nd favorite JT play was when he caught a pass and tip toed down the sideline in the regular season cowboy game in 1994. That was the first time we beat them in years at that point and that play put the game away. JT RULES!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

End thread

Bill Walsh doing commentary ??
What little that J.T. may have lacked in pure agility and elite work ethic, he more than made up for with his overall clutchness. Great hands, size, and long-stride speed. He always seemed to be in the right spot at the right time. He also was a pretty good returner. SF may have been spoiled rotten in having Jerry, but we also had many other studs, and J.T. was one of them.
lets hope his nephew lights sh!t up in P.S and moves on up to the field. i hope they gave him #82
He would have been the #1 on many of the NFL teams at the time. Solid blocker and had excellent hands.
Share 49ersWebzone