LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

John Taylor Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i've said this before and will say it again so you don't have to rewind it back. John Taylor was to Jerry Rice what Scottie Pippen was to Michael Jordan. I was just blessed enough to know they were on my favorite teams. boy was i spoiled by them.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
JT holds the title for having the biggest butt of any WR.

And the biggest hands ever at the combine , 11" plus.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Maybe I am just a homer, but I always thought JT was the 2nd best WR in the league at that time. Not to mention he didn't even have that drive that guys like Jerry had. JR said that if JT really did want it that badly, he could have been the greatest. Those 2 revolutionized the YAC and were so much fun to watch. JT's one of my all time favorite Niners. He could do it all. Block, good hands, could go deep or could turn a 5 yd catch into a 95 yd td, return punts, etc. Very underrated player IMO.

I'm not sayin JT was better den JR buut I liked JT better. He's actually my fav niners receiver.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jdean:

And the biggest hands ever at the combine , 11" plus.

It's amazing how many people praise this guy but bash Owens. I mean yeah, Taylor was a good player for a few years and was clutch, but this is also the same guy that had drug problems MANY times, costing him games to play in and costing us when it happened.

When has Terrell Owens ever gone to rehab for drug problems, let alone arrested?
[ Edited by DerekSmithBestLBEver on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM ]
I cant believe this concept of JT not being a great receiver even exists. The only way this has been drummed up is by a non-niner who still hates the fact JT torched his team.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i've said this before and will say it again so you don't have to rewind it back. John Taylor was to Jerry Rice what Scottie Pippen was to Michael Jordan. I was just blessed enough to know they were on my favorite teams. boy was i spoiled by them.

That's a good comparison right there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

That's a good comparison right there.

That is not a good comparison at all... Scottie Pippen was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team eight times (all consecutive) and the All-NBA First Team three times. He was a seven-time NBA All Star and was named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History and is in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
JT was a number 1 receiver playing at 1b only because of Jerry. On any other team, he could have been their go-to guy. Don't believe me? Ask Jerry! Loved to watch him play! That poster was either trolling for the reaction or a complete idiot, or both. Nothing personal.

When they doubled and tripled team Jerry, Taylor was always there doing his job very well.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:

End thread
Edit : End discussion of if or was he...

eh, bunch of checkdown passes.

A lot of Joe Montana 300 yard passing games started out as five yard checkdowns to Taylor and Rice. We shouldn't forget Roger Craig either...
Originally posted by DerekSmithBestLBEver:
It's amazing how many people praise this guy but bash Owens. I mean yeah, Taylor was a good player for a few years and was clutch, but this is also the same guy that had drug problems MANY times, costing him games to play in and costing us when it happened.

When has Terrell Owens ever gone to rehab for drug problems, let alone arrested?

For some reason, and I could be wrong, I don't remember John Taylor having a drug problem that cost him games.

Am I just cancelling out the bad memories?
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
For some reason, and I could be wrong, I don't remember John Taylor having a drug problem that cost him games.

88 season, suspended for the first four games
Originally posted by DerekSmithBestLBEver:
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:

88 season, suspended for the first four games

Suspended for four games. And that was it? That's a far cry from your original statement of:

same guy that had drug problems MANY times, costing him games to play in and costing us when it happened.

We also won the Super Bowl that season, so, while it may have cost him some games, it sure didn't cost "us" anything in terms of an overall championship.

But, water under the bridge.

I ain't going there about T.O. Dude's a curse on football. Niners should have cut his bu** when he started to turn into a jerk. You're confusing the word "cancer" with the term "championship caliber football player."

The latter applies to John Taylor.

T.O. is a curse.
Share 49ersWebzone