LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:
F*ck Alex Smith. Anyone but him.

This x2
Originally posted by fly15:

This x2

this X3

Pry Carson Palmer from Cincy
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

This x2

this X3

This x4
Originally posted by bjghum:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

This x2

this X3

This x4

This x5
I would like to see them bring in another vet, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Bulger I dont care who. Draft a QB in the later rounds. That would give us 3 QBs for the year. Then in next year draft A Luck goes Eli Manning/John Elway and tells what ever team that drafts him I will not play for you trade me to the 49ERS!!!!!
Originally posted by lifer49erfan:
I would like to see them bring in another vet, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Bulger I dont care who. Draft a QB in the later rounds. That would give us 3 QBs for the year. Then in next year draft A Luck goes Eli Manning/John Elway and tells what ever team that drafts him I will not play for you trade me to the 49ERS!!!!!

That would be a dream come true.
Originally posted by lifer49erfan:

That would be a dream come true.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Mar 26, 2011 at 17:12:12 ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I really think that David Carr would be alright as long as we show him some trust.. we can not be so down on the guy base on the Carolina game of last year.. Aside from that, he really never got a chance from Singletary and the crew.. he didnt lose the game at Carolina, we were out-coached..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I really think that David Carr would be alright as long as we show him some trust.. we can not be so down on the guy base on the Carolina game of last year.. Aside from that, he really never got a chance from Singletary and the crew.. he didnt lose the game at Carolina, we were out-coached..

people like you make me not want to be a niner fan nomore. you are the stupidest person i have seen so far on these forums...even singletary new carr was nothing. and it wasnt his fault we lost????? sureeeeee... he didint throw a pick and put them in range to kick a field goal?? yaa sure... mike singletary
  • hb123
  • Veteran
f**k asmith as a nfl player!! ugh

A Smith forever! Start the wave here...light a candle...yell whoppie!

Not sure whether you really, really like him or ?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
A Smith forever! Start the wave here...light a candle...yell whoppie!
  • TIM_
  • Veteran
Alex Smith is not well suited to the WCO at all (actually he is not suited to any NFL offense,but especially NOT the WCO !).
Besides all the problems Alex has with playing NFL QB ( innacurate,slow to get rid of the ball and doesn't lead his receivers but throws over their heads and behind them,no touch on the short passes and no accuracy on the long ones ,can't read defenses,doesn't see the field ,panics and runs right into the pass rushers or runs to his right and throws the ball out of bounds,etc etc etc ), besides all that and many more problems,he can't learn a new system quickly and wouldn't even be functional in the JH system until 2012,and by then he will be replaced by the REAL qb of the future anyway. So,why even consider him,since he has no advantage over any old Vet we might bring in,and if that vet knows the WCO then he is light years ahead of Alex.

I think our starting QB will be Hasselbeck or McNabb or Bulger or Palmer. Then trade for Josh Johnson and draft a QB in the 2nd round (and maybe another one later for the PS ?).
We might win the West with Alex,but I think we do much better and win it easier with any of the 4 I mentioned above. JH can coach up alex to be better than he was,but better than he was is still inadequate(and how long before he is up to the comfort zone in the new offense that he was in at the start of 2010,where he was already in an offense for a full year? And even then he started the year 0-5 and looked pretty bad ,so what is the advantage of keeping him? Maybe because JH wants to lose and get a high draft pick to get Luck next year ? :) ).

Let poor Alex go and find his future,before he gets too old from wasting his time and JH's time and the fans time in SF for another year ! Let him go and try to fool another team for the next 6 years. Time to move forwards ,not backwards towards mediocrety !
Options:

1. Trade a #1 pick for Kevin Kolb. We win the NFC West
2. Trade a #3 this year and a #3 next year for Carson Palmer. Win NFC West
3. Trade a #3 for Donovan McNabb. Win NFC West
4. Keep Alex Smith. Alex Smith plays shi**y again. Finish a meidocre 8-8 and miss playoffs again!
Share 49ersWebzone