LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

• Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Don't forget about Marc Bulger!

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/03/inside-the-49ers/lombardi-identifies-bulger-as-likely-niners-qb-target/

older sure, but if healthy and given protection he could be a steal
Was Marc Bulger ever good?
Who voted for Carr? Harbaugh would take the snaps before he let Carr any where near!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Was Marc Bulger ever good?

Under Martz, yes.

After that, kinda meh.
Any QB interviewed by the staff should be sequestered away from video of last year's OLine play. If Bulger saw one game from last year he would think he was having flashbacks and would never sign here. Might also help if they were not allowed to watch the WRs run routes. Other than that...
Hopefully anyone but Smith.

Ideally, Palmer, but I don't know what Cincinnati is asking (if anything).
Originally posted by bigmike55:
F*ck Alex Smith. Anyone but him.

This.
How do you all feel about Chad Pennington? Is he available and how would he do in a WCO?

I like Dalton because of his accuracy.

"Fast is good but accuracy is everything!" - Wyatt Earp
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
How do you all feel about Chad Pennington? Is he available and how would he do in a WCO?

fool will get hurt signing his contract
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

fool will get hurt signing his contract

lol i would want him.

Bulger may be the best bet. He throws a catchable pass. Can read defenses and throws quickly and accurately. Works well inside the pocket. Not good at running for his life so we would need to provide protection. I would target Dalton, which would require us to trade out of 7. I would see if NE would trade their 17 and 33 for a 7. I would then trade out of 17 into the mid 20's and pick up an additional 3rd. I would take Dalton in 1st, NT Phil Taylor at 33, CB (Marsh) at 47, WR Edmund Gates and OLB (Cris Carter) in 3rd, Todman RB and Buster Shrine CB-ST in 4th, Marecic FB-ST in 5th, Parker DL and Jackson OL in 6th, Froman QB in 7th. In this scenario Bulger (7th and future draft pick trade), will provide the leadership and training of 2 young guns that compete for the future, Todman, Gates, Marecic, and Jackson will provide Bulger with support and speed required for him to thrive in Harbaugh offense for 2 seasons. Taylor, Marsh, Shine, Carter and Parker will help the defense attack the opponents. Taylor can have the same impact Raji provided for GB. He will occupy and attack, which will free up Smith, Mcdonald to attack. Attack, Attack. Speed and Power.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
im really hoping for us to convince the Browns family and make a deal for Palmer..

We can then trade down in the mid 2nd round and draft Colin Kaepernick (who reminds me of a raw right handed Steve Young)..

but if we end up drafting Cam or Blaine on the 7th spot, i think we can give David Carr (last year in his contract) a chance to show what he's got and allow him to be THAT veteran guy for a young QB.
Alex Smith!! We finally have an offensive minded HC who will be able to "utah"lize his talents like Urban did back in 2004!! I cant wait till all the AS haters are

Alex Smith Hater's --> :()~ 8-------->

[ Edited by Stevec9932 on Mar 25, 2011 at 10:23:09 ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Look, the only reason why Harbaugh is considering bringing back Akilex Smith is to have a chance on drafting Andrew Luck next year.. He fully knows that as long as he's our QB, we'll have a chance to landing Luck next year..

.. and if Smith happens to blossom under his coaching, then that makes him even more of a genius!!

It is a win-win situation (to a certain point of view)...
Draft one of the second round qbs like Dalton, Kap, or Ponder, and trade for Carson Palmer. Hopefully Palmer can get back to form and play for a few years while Harbaugh does his magic with the young guy.

This makes me
Share 49ersWebzone