There are 216 users in the forums

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is our starting qb next season and how do we get him?

go.....

my prediction... smith signs with Seattle who trades him back to us for a 3rd round pick.. .

[ Edited by sactomkiii on Mar 24, 2011 at 17:11:23 ]
Trade for Carson Palmer (2nd round pick)
Smith unless the Bengals draft Cam Newton. Then we pick up Palmer as a free agent. Nobody is going to trade for him because his contract is huge and he hasn't been playing well. I don't think we'll pay the price for Kolb.
F*ck Alex Smith. Anyone but him.
Well, I read today that it may be Hasselbeck if he is cut (which assumes a trade for Kolb by Seattle). Tons of speculation, I know, but what else are we going to talk about until this freaking lock out is over.

Makes sense. WCO quarterback to hold down the position while a draft pick is groomed. I'd be very cool with that. When healthy he's a deadly accurate passer. Lots of screens, slants. Playing to our strength with TE's and RB's that can catch. Short routes for our large recievers. I'd be very happy with that.

I'm really not sold on Smith as a WCO quarterback. He has consistently struggled with accuracy on short and medium passes. Maybe it's all been a coaching issue. It's possible. But man, that's 6 years of bad habits to try to coach out of him in one abbreviated offseason. I'd much rather see a one to two year fix and Harbaugh focus on coaching a rookie up the right way from day one.
Whoever responds to this with "burn in hell" will give me one million boners.
Originally posted by bbstore82:
Whoever responds to this with "burn in hell" will give me one million boners.

burn in hell
My money is on the Seahawks land Kolb. Therefore we nab Hasslback and draft kapaernick in round 2. Hass starts next year....if the CBA gets done.

No CBA, we put Smith on a one year deal....hope for the best and address QB, when next year is over.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
My money is on the Seahawks land Kolb. Therefore we nab Hasslback and draft kapaernick in round 2. Hass starts next year....if the CBA gets done.

No CBA, we put Smith on a one year deal....hope for the best and address QB, when next year is over.

Dont the Seachickens pick up our sloppy seconds.....not the other way around.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
F*ck Alex Smith. Anyone but him.

palmer??????????????????? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
cba will not be decided before the draft so i voted that we draft one. My choice is Dalton. We will have to trade up to get him. can't gamble that we will get a free agent that is decent so we have to draft one good enough to mold.

however the question was who is our starting QB next season and I say Palmer. After the draft, cba will get figured out and we will try to get a vet who understands the pace of the NFL. Cincy will break sooner or later and trade him for what they can get. they will draft a QB this year but with the pick(s) that we give them they can build around the guy in the 2012 draft.
smith or palmer are the best options
Don't forget about Marc Bulger!

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/03/inside-the-49ers/lombardi-identifies-bulger-as-likely-niners-qb-target/
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Don't forget about Marc Bulger!

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/03/inside-the-49ers/lombardi-identifies-bulger-as-likely-niners-qb-target/

That scares the hell out of me. He's been terrible the last several years.
Share 49ersWebzone