LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 265 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
The only thing that has me worried about this game is that it is in Arrowhead. Nothing about the Chiefs scares me.

This is spot on. This should tell us a lot about the team's mentality on the road.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by ritchie:
What the Chiefs fans think:

ChiefsPlanet messageboard

LOL @ their disgust for Cassel

wow these chief fans are pretty damn smart, and yes they do hate matt cassel lol

I like what they said about Willis: "After watching Willis play last night, all I can say is "I want one of those". That dude is unbelievable..."

that would be awesome if the niners could pull out a win in KC. It'll be like their "F U" to the seattle game.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
W
GOD i hope we take it all out on the Chefs this weekend we deserve a needed victory after last night

if we where able contain a Superbowl/Probowl QB in Brees i am sure we can contain a hasbeen like Matt Cassel

NINERS IN A ROMP THIS WEEKEND!!!!

do not take this game for granted, look what happened last time we were there in '06

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=ArLkwvcsu7foPU7ZC9oexqYdsLYF?gid=20061001012
Originally posted by znk916:
do not take this game for granted, look what happened last time we were there in '06

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=ArLkwvcsu7foPU7ZC9oexqYdsLYF?gid=20061001012

Come on now

I'm looking at the names here and see a MUCH improved team from that '06 squad. Not to squash your post, but BOTH teams are completely different now.
Originally posted by cortana49:

I'm looking at the names here and see a MUCH improved team from that '06 squad. Not to squash your post, but BOTH teams are completely different now.

S. Spencer 8 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
D. Smith 6 1 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
M. Douglas 6 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
J. Ulbrich 5 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B. Moore 5 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
M. Adams 5 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B. Young 4 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
M. Roman 3 1 0.0 0.0 0 0 1 0 0 0
T. Slaughter 2 1 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
M. Lawson 2 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 1 0 0 0
A. Adams 2 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
M. Oliver 2 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
A. Battle 2 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B. Gilmore 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
F. Gore 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
J. Smiley 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
W. Harris 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
T. Parrish 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
K. Lewis 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0
R. Fields 0
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Come on now

If this happens again then Sing must go.

Come on now

im just saying s**t can get out of hand real fast at one of the toughest road stadiums in the league
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
God that team was dreadful in 2006.

Come on now

im just saying s**t can get out of hand real fast at one of the toughest road stadiums in the league

Of course it can, but I think our players (as well us fans) are more hungrier than ever for a W. They tasted it last night and didn't get it. Smart discipline football is what it will take and we may not romp them but we can get a much needed W.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ritchie:
What the Chiefs fans think:

ChiefsPlanet messageboard

LOL @ their disgust for Cassel

they could find the same things about alex on here..at least they're 2-0

We've been 2-0 multiple times in recent years only to fizzle out with losing seasons. I see the same happening for KC and Tampa Bay
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers are not a good team right now. They have good players (potentially great), but as a team they suck, for lack of a better word. They are mentally weak. Good teams don't make the mistakes that were made last night (for much of the past 5 years), and to quote Singletary, they execute from start to finish.

Quote:
Lowell Cohn; I know he's a cad:

SAN FRANCISCO - Mike Singletary wasn’t a liar — it didn’t turn out that way.

He bragged his team would stop Drew Brees and he bragged his team would move the ball against Super-Bowl-champion New Orleans. And his team did all that, for a while at least. It stopped Brees and moved the ball and, frankly, it outplayed the Saints for a good portion during the middle of the game. But it didn’t outplay the Saints at the beginning and certainly not at the end when the Saints showed their pedigree. That’s why the 49ers lost.

Quote:
Tim Kawakami; an even bigger cad:

Quite a game last night, one of the signature Mike SingletaryEra moments, and that’s the problem, isn’t it?

For spectacle and meaning, let’s put the 25-22 come-from-behind/whupped-the-Saints’-behind 49ers loss to New Orleans right there alongside…

-The 49ers’ stirring, should’ve-had-it loss in Arizona on Monday night in 2008, in Singletary’s second game as interim coach;

-Their stunning loss in Minnesota last season, on Brett Favre’s last-gasp heave;

-And it’s a bit odd, but I can’t really think of an actual victory that registers with this kind of magnitude in the Singletary Era. (Maybe the victory over Arizona at Candlestick last year, but I don’t think so.)

It’s all losses. Close, inspired, raging losses. That’s the signpost of Singletary.

That’s good and it’s bad, but with Win-Loss record is what counts in the NFL, so it’s mostly bad.

When Singletary needs his players to surge, they often do. Good. (They got the play-calls in last night, by the way. Must note that. Which is is also good. But it’s bad that it had to get to this point of total scrutinty for Jimmy Raye and the offensive staff to get it right.)

When he needs a victory… must have a victory… it often means they gather up fantastic moments, and still lose.

The 49ers are 13-14 under Singletary, by the way. I’m sorry, but I will keep tallying this. Unless the “W” side starts accumulating swiftly, we will have to ask hard questions about this coaching staff–not about the motivation, but about the ability to pull out victories.

All of you guys expecting the 49ers to come out mad on the road where they traditionally struggle, coming off an emotional letdown are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. Until this team actually plays a complete game and wins, moral victories are worthless. That's how you become a good team. Thankfully, this division is awful.
Share 49ersWebzone