There are 238 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn returns, still lacks perspective.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by vermonator:
I have read better in-depth articles on Bleacher Report.

Now that's hitting below the belt.

I know, I hope BR can forgive me.
You guys read way too much into what the talking heads say.
His son wrote it.
If they don't mention Smith it's because they don't believe in him.
If they mention Smith they are trying to convince themselves that they believe in them.

So the team can't win no matter what they do or don't do and the best way to go about it just shut up about it and let Smith's play good or bad do the talking.

As far as the commercial goes the team is going to feature it's popular players to the fans to appeal to them. If you asked fans who their favorite players are you'll probably hear Gore, Willis, VD, and maybe Crabtree so of course they are going to feature those players in commericals.
he is at it again this morning.
Another negative article from Cohn. No surprise there. I don't think people really have a problem with his point of view more than they do his way of conveying the message. He just come across as a whiny little btch. I feel like his spat with Sing last year STILL bothers him. In fact, SINCE then he's been this way.

Time to retire Lowell.
lowell cohn's brain is comprised of 98% alex smith butthurt and 2% alex smith butthurt
I think its time to switch into a more NON negative commentary writing style Cohn. As a season ticket holder I know how bad our team has been. Pre season is NOT the time to be critical, the loyalist in this zone will turn like a pack of wolfs when the time is right. As of now we are odds on favorites to win the west and all teams are 0-0, so save those negative articles for the proper timing.
Have you read his latest article?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=26872

I think the person who is in denial is the one who can't seem to write anything other than speculative, negative stories about Alex Smith. And how is this guy holding onto his job through the recession anyway?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

I think the person who is in denial is the one who can't seem to write anything other than speculative, negative stories about Alex Smith. And how is this guy holding onto his job through the recession anyway?

Man, this story really pissed me off!

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Man, this story really pissed me off!

Again, it's just Lohan's opinion-no biggie.
Cohn is just the latest in the great line of newspaper s**t disturbers and naysayers.

Glenn Dickey -------> Skip Bayless ----------> Lowell Cohn

If you don't like what he has to say, don't read it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Cohn is just the latest in the great line of newspaper s**t disturbers and naysayers.

wow, all these people are wrong and you are right ? who lack perspective ?

the deal is , Alex Smith have not done anything on a consestant basis or took us to the playoffs and play well . He is not going to get the credit or looked at like a backup in this leauge. that's why the Niners have not extended his contract !
When it comes to Smith, Cohn still says what all the Smith doubters say. He still has a lot to prove, and up to this point, has not done anything for anyone outside of Niner land to think he is a legitmate QB. You could almost say he is taking the perspective of someone that doesnn't know anything about his situation.

the most recent article was not a complete bashing, but merely saying that the Niners are riding on Smith, and we will have to sink or swim with him. While I really don't like the guy, his hesitation to support Smith is somewhat justified...
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

wow, all these people are wrong and you are right ? who lack perspective ?

the deal is , Alex Smith have not done anything on a consestant basis or took us to the playoffs and play well . He is not going to get the credit or looked at like a backup in this leauge. that's why the Niners have not extended his contract !

Did I say anything about right and wrong? I was not arguing whether on not Cohn is right. Alex Smith has his last chance to prove he is a legit NFL QB this year and there are questions about whether he has the stuff to make it happen.

Cohn is just playing a role IMO that many columnists have been asked to play in the past (e.g. Dickey and Bayless). They are supposed to be negative or controversial to keep readers interested or angry enough to respond. That is my point.
Share 49ersWebzone