LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn returns, still lacks perspective.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lowell Cohn analyzes the surprisingly-level headed Kawakami article and a 49ers season ticket commercial , and he completely misses the point again.

LINKAGE.

Dude should have stayed on vacation.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Lowell Cohn analyzes the surprisingly-level headed Kawakami article and a 49ers season ticket commercial , and he completely misses the point again.

LINKAGE.

Dude should have stayed on vacation.

I think the article was written by Cohn's kid "Ziggy."
What he fails to realize is that they aren't going to sell Alex Smith to the fans because people don't wanna hear that same sh*t. Its not bashing Smith, its just not putting themselves or Smith in a position to be criticized if he doesn't pan out.
Normally I totally disagree with Cohn, but I thought the article was interesting. His perspective on the commercial, which now I would like to see, is displaying the organization's marketing perspective of Smith.

Everyone know this year is boom or bust for Smith...

Anyone got a link to commercial?
i effing hate him. i was forced to leave a nasty comment this morning on the article. he probably deleted it already...he did the last two times i commented.
I wish the zone would stop posting Cohn's articles or at least say who the journalist is so I don't give this fool credit with a hit. Cohn's opinions lack substance as they are uneducated and in most cases an insult to his reader's intelligence. In other words he's professionally lazy and argumentive and doesn't deserve to be published if he's not going to put in the research and legwork needed to back up his outside looking in kind of journalism. Please don’t give this guy a free pass, make him work…
Update....his friggin' son wrote that crap. Like father, like son.
I have read better in-depth articles on Bleacher Report.
For anyone, particularly a journalist, to conclude that Coach Singletary drives the marketing department is just ridiculous.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Maybe he, like Tim, are just reading to much into the production of the video? Maybe these footage used for commercial was what the video editor wanted to use?
Maybe the timeframe to work on the video was very little & had to make due?

I wanna see this myself before I can judge.

i don't see anything wrong with it , what have Alex done , take us to the playoffs NO , so that is smart from team to try to say hay we are giving him a last chance , don't take it , you are gone like NowinNolan & McCloser for personal reasons , and we are moving on.
Originally posted by vermonator:
I have read better in-depth articles on Bleacher Report.

Now that's hitting below the belt.
Interesting that these local writers are reading each other's stuff, and then commenting about it on the Net. It seems like the local writers are an inbred group that use each other as sources of information for the same speculative guesswork reporting on the 49ers that they have done for years, instead of getting out there and finding new information to report on.
The article is silly because it completely neglects all off-season reports and evidence that state Alex Smith has gained more credibility with his teammates. At the end of the day, that is much more important than what happens at the State of the Franchise. As I recall, last year Singletary guaranteed the playoffs at that event. Remind me, how did that play out?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That old man needs to retire.
Share 49ersWebzone