49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 776 users in the forums

Even Ken Dorsey could beat the next two teams with ease

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.


''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.


''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.


Wow. So you'd rather the Niners lose just so the guy you have disturbing hate against gets the boot?

I dont understand this type of hate towards Smith. Did he fvck your gf or your wife and send you the tape? Did he kill and eat your dog? Did he try to fondle you in the locker room or something?

I just dont get it.
How many more years do we miss the playoffs before we realize Alex Smith is not and never will be an elite QB in the NFL. We've all seen it, the entire league knows that. He may be decent career backup, but from what I've seen, he shines at times, but stinks it up again and again.

If you guys are willing to not make the playoffs for another 5 years to develop Alex Smith, sure... keep him around. Let's wait till he's 30 before he finally gets it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of losing man... I'm sick of almost winning.. We keep saying, "there's always next year" This is a win now league, and Alex Smith cannot win now.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
How many more years do we miss the playoffs before we realize Alex Smith is not and never will be an elite QB in the NFL. We've all seen it, the entire league knows that. He may be decent career backup, but from what I've seen, he shines at times, but stinks it up again and again.

If you guys are willing to not make the playoffs for another 5 years to develop Alex Smith, sure... keep him around. Let's wait till he's 30 before he finally gets it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of losing man... I'm sick of almost winning.. We keep saying, "there's always next year" This is a win now league, and Alex Smith cannot win now.

instead of b***hing about Alex why dont you tell us what your master plan is for the Niners
Originally posted by bigmike55:
How many more years do we miss the playoffs before we realize Alex Smith is not and never will be an elite QB in the NFL. We've all seen it, the entire league knows that. He may be decent career backup, but from what I've seen, he shines at times, but stinks it up again and again.

If you guys are willing to not make the playoffs for another 5 years to develop Alex Smith, sure... keep him around. Let's wait till he's 30 before he finally gets it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of losing man... I'm sick of almost winning.. We keep saying, "there's always next year" This is a win now league, and Alex Smith cannot win now.

I'm with you man
Whats better for breakfast? Eggs or cereal?

I'm having a hard time deciding and I'm pretty hungry. I don't want to wither away.

On another note I will suport who ever is the starting qb.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,900
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.


''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.


jesus christ
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
Whats better for breakfast? Eggs or cereal?

I'm having a hard time deciding and I'm pretty hungry. I don't want to wither away.

On another note I will suport who ever is the starting qb.

Go for the eggs man.. get that protein in
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.


''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.


Wow. So you'd rather the Niners lose just so the guy you have disturbing hate against gets the boot?

I dont understand this type of hate towards Smith. Did he fvck your gf or your wife and send you the tape? Did he kill and eat your dog? Did he try to fondle you in the locker room or something?

I just dont get it.

The season's over with. Who gives a f*ck if we win some meaningless games.

Disturbing hate? I supported Smith for the longest time, but at some point every single one of us will jump off the train. Just because you're still bending over for the guy doesn't mean we all have to.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.


''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.
hmm

Smith > Jemarcus Russell

correct?


*looks for tell signs of a raider fan*

Originally posted by bigmike55:
How many more years do we miss the playoffs before we realize Alex Smith is not and never will be an elite QB in the NFL. We've all seen it, the entire league knows that. He may be decent career backup, but from what I've seen, he shines at times, but stinks it up again and again.

If you guys are willing to not make the playoffs for another 5 years to develop Alex Smith, sure... keep him around. Let's wait till he's 30 before he finally gets it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of losing man... I'm sick of almost winning.. We keep saying, "there's always next year" This is a win now league, and Alex Smith cannot win now.

I, like most of us, am still very much on the fence regarding Alex. However, whether or not he is the future, there is no question in my mind he gives us the best chance to go to the playoffs in 2010. Let Nate sit one more season and continue to maintain continuity with Johnson taking over for Raye in 2011. If we fail to make the playoffs next year, Alex should be cut, we draft another QB, and start Nate in 2011.

The answer is NOT to clean house and start all over. I want to win next year.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.


''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.
hmm

Smith > Jemarcus Russell

correct?


*looks for tell signs of a raider fan*


I live in Ohio. I don't give a sh*t about the Raiders. That's a local rivalry and Niner or Raider fans outside of Cali don't give a sh*t about the other teams fanbase.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.


''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.

I've not spoken much about the Smith debate in a while, but seeing this is just appalling. As if Nate Davis, a FA, or any other rookie would give us a better chance than Alex with a full off-season with the same OC for once, and some dang continuity.

Alex can absolutely play well enough for this team to go to the playoffs. If one actually THINKS for a moment, they realize that virtually any other alternative for 2010 is a far worse idea.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Mike Singletary and Scott McCloughan are going to ride the Alex Smith bandwagon right out of town.

It's too bad.

We're wasting the career of Frank Gore and Patrick Willis with this hopeless Alex Smith experiment.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone