There are 214 users in the forums

Even Ken Dorsey could beat the next two teams with ease

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.

''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.

I've not spoken much about the Smith debate in a while, but seeing this is just appalling. As if Nate Davis, a FA, or any other rookie would give us a better chance than Alex with a full off-season with the same OC for once, and some dang continuity.

Alex can absolutely play well enough for this team to go to the playoffs. If one actually THINKS for a moment, they realize that virtually any other alternative for 2010 is a far worse idea.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Dec 23, 2009 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Why?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.

I've not spoken much about the Smith debate in a while, but seeing this is just appalling. As if Nate Davis, a FA, or any other rookie would give us a better chance than Alex with a full off-season with the same OC for once, and some dang continuity.

Alex can absolutely play well enough for this team to go to the playoffs. If one actually THINKS for a moment, they realize that virtually any other alternative for 2010 is a far worse idea.

Based on what? We're 3-5 with Alex and he doesn't rank above 20th in any QB statistic.

Enlighten me on what I'm missing here. It's not year 2.5 for Alex it's year 5 and we're still seeing very marginal improvement.

What's appalling to me is that we can't move on. I'm all for taking a step backwards or sideways in order to take 2 steps forward.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Why?

I don't.

Wow. So you'd rather the Niners lose just so the guy you have disturbing hate against gets the boot?

I dont understand this type of hate towards Smith. Did he fvck your gf or your wife and send you the tape? Did he kill and eat your dog? Did he try to fondle you in the locker room or something?

I just dont get it.

The season's over with. Who gives a f*ck if we win some meaningless games.

Disturbing hate? I supported Smith for the longest time, but at some point every single one of us will jump off the train. Just because you're still bending over for the guy doesn't mean we all have to.

Yeah, let's lose!!!
That sounds like a friggin' awesome idea!!
Genius!!
why didn't I think of it???

I totally want to lose the next game, and every other game that Alex Smith starts because I have a giant hard on for that guy!!!

It's the only way... don't you see? The only way we'll get better is IF WE LOSE GAMES!!!!

Why?

I don't.

Wow. So you'd rather the Niners lose just so the guy you have disturbing hate against gets the boot?

I dont understand this type of hate towards Smith. Did he fvck your gf or your wife and send you the tape? Did he kill and eat your dog? Did he try to fondle you in the locker room or something?

I just dont get it.

Disturbing hate? I supported Smith for the longest time, but at some point every single one of us will jump off the train. Just because you're still bending over for the guy doesn't mean we all have to.

Bending over? LOL thats laughable considering I supported JTO and Shaun Hill when they started. Even when they played bad I never said the disturbing sht that you just said.

And I'm "bending over" for continuity and some semblance of stability for this team for the first time in almost a decade.

Guess thats too much to think about for you. Have a good day.
I've been bashing Smith since day 1 but am ready to roll with him after a year of continuity.

He's passing at a 60% clip, has more tds than ints with two games left.

This is 2006 entering 2007 all over again...we just need to get an oline to protect his skinny ass and prevent deja vu!
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

Why?

I don't.

I just dont get it.

Yeah, let's lose!!!
Genius!!

I totally want to lose the next game, and every other game that Alex Smith starts because I have a giant hard on for that guy!!!

It's the only way... don't you see? The only way we'll get better is IF WE LOSE GAMES!!!!

Two can play that game. Yeah Smith won 2 meaningless game against teams with a combined total of 3 wins. With that kind of momentum whose going to stop us from winning the Super Bowl next year. Alex Smith 2010 MVP baby! It all starts now.

Why?

I don't.

I just dont get it.

Yeah, let's lose!!!
Genius!!

Two can play that game. Yeah Smith won 2 meaningless game against teams with a combined total of 3 wins. With that kind of momentum whose going to stop us from winning the Super Bowl next year. Alex Smith 2010 MVP baby! It all starts now.

Cool dude... let's lose. I'm so on board with that.
Best. Idea. EVER.
Cheer for the other team, that's what we're talking about, right?
that's what I'm saying.
GO DETROIT!

Why?

I don't.

I just dont get it.

Bending over? LOL thats laughable considering I supported JTO and Shaun Hill when they started. Even when they played bad I never said the disturbing sht that you just said.

And I'm "bending over" for continuity and some semblance of stability for this team for the first time in almost a decade.

Here's where we disagree. You want continuity I want real change. Not half change. For the past 5 years our philosophy as been the same. This is still the same team Mike Nolan wanted to build 5 years ago.

Wanting Alex to fail in 2 meaningless games so we can get a new QB is disturbing? Please.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM ]
why would you want your team to lose? Crude reverse psychology "i've been rooting for them to win, and they lose. Let me do the opposite!"

Why?

I don't.

I just dont get it.

Yeah, let's lose!!!
Genius!!

Best. Idea. EVER.
that's what I'm saying.
GO DETROIT!

If it actually meant we could get rid of Sing and McCloughan.... hell, yeah! Nobody cares about wins over the helpless Lions and Rams. The season is over. Sing has established that he is a coach that can not get us to .500 given a legitimate schedule.

Why?

I don't.

I just dont get it.

Yeah, let's lose!!!
Genius!!

Best. Idea. EVER.
that's what I'm saying.
GO DETROIT!

Who gives a f*ck if we win or not. These last 2 games are pretty much irrelvant. I was all for backing Smith when we had a chance, but it's over and we're long overdue for a new direction at QB.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM ]

Why?

I don't.

I just dont get it.

Here's where we disagree. You want continuity I want real change. Not half change. For the past 5 years our philosophy as been the same. This is still the same team Mike Nolan wanted to build 5 years ago.

Wanting Alex to fail in 2 meaningless games so we can get a new QB is disturbing? Please.

please propose what real change you would like to see. Merely saying you want change is complaining and whining.

"I want you to do something! Every decision you've made has turned out horrible!"

"what do you want me to do?"

"I don't know, you figure it out!"

"but you just said i make horrible decisions..."

"yes"

"..."
Let me ask this. If we did cut Smith what are the chances that he's starting next year for a different team.

That's what I thought. He'd be Byron Leftwich. Perhaps he'd get to start for 2 weeks that way St Louis can delay starting their rookie QB.
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
How many more years do we miss the playoffs before we realize Alex Smith is not and never will be an elite QB in the NFL. We've all seen it, the entire league knows that. He may be decent career backup, but from what I've seen, he shines at times, but stinks it up again and again.

If you guys are willing to not make the playoffs for another 5 years to develop Alex Smith, sure... keep him around. Let's wait till he's 30 before he finally gets it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of losing man... I'm sick of almost winning.. We keep saying, "there's always next year" This is a win now league, and Alex Smith cannot win now.

I, like most of us, am still very much on the fence regarding Alex. However, whether or not he is the future, there is no question in my mind he gives us the best chance to go to the playoffs in 2010. Let Nate sit one more season and continue to maintain continuity with Johnson taking over for Raye in 2011. If we fail to make the playoffs next year, Alex should be cut, we draft another QB, and start Nate in 2011.

The answer is NOT to clean house and start all over. I want to win next year.

Ahhh, logic and reason. How I missed you.
Let me ask this. If we did cut Smith what are the chances that he's starting next year for a different team.

That's what I thought. He'd be Byron Leftwich. Perhaps he'd get to start for 2 weeks that way St Louis can delay starting their rookie QB.

Buffalo would take him and probably start him.
Share 49ersWebzone