Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It really doesn't matter who starts, or who should play etc.

Whomever the qb is , is going to look good against these sorry ass teams.

''Start Nate Davis nom nom nom!''

Why?

Do you want a false qb controversy between whomever vs Smith?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.

Wow. So you'd rather the Niners lose just so the guy you have disturbing hate against gets the boot?

I dont understand this type of hate towards Smith. Did he fvck your gf or your wife and send you the tape? Did he kill and eat your dog? Did he try to fondle you in the locker room or something?

I just dont get it.

The season's over with. Who gives a f*ck if we win some meaningless games.

Disturbing hate? I supported Smith for the longest time, but at some point every single one of us will jump off the train. Just because you're still bending over for the guy doesn't mean we all have to.

Bending over? LOL thats laughable considering I supported JTO and Shaun Hill when they started. Even when they played bad I never said the disturbing sht that you just said.

And I'm "bending over" for continuity and some semblance of stability for this team for the first time in almost a decade.

Guess thats too much to think about for you. Have a good day.

Here's where we disagree. You want continuity I want real change. Not half change. For the past 5 years our philosophy as been the same. This is still the same team Mike Nolan wanted to build 5 years ago.

Wanting Alex to fail in 2 meaningless games so we can get a new QB is disturbing? Please.

please propose what real change you would like to see. Merely saying you want change is complaining and whining.

"I want you to do something! Every decision you've made has turned out horrible!"

"what do you want me to do?"

"I don't know, you figure it out!"

"but you just said i make horrible decisions..."

"yes"

"..."

You read this on the zone all day long!
[ Edited by Super5 on Dec 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM ]
Let me ask this. If we did cut Smith what are the chances that he's starting next year for a different team.

That's what I thought. He'd be Byron Leftwich. Perhaps he'd get to start for 2 weeks that way St Louis can delay starting their rookie QB.

Alex Smith will be starting the 2010 season

Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Why?

I don't.

I'd rather keep Smith in , let him throw for 300 yards, and have Davis and Crabs have a field day.

but.. Singletary said he was strongly thinking about giving some 2nd and 3rd stringers some experience so... we still might see Nate Davis.

Personally I hope Smith sucks up the joint these next 2 weeks. The seasons already over and it's best that we realize this year that Alex is a lemon before we waste another season on him.

I've not spoken much about the Smith debate in a while, but seeing this is just appalling. As if Nate Davis, a FA, or any other rookie would give us a better chance than Alex with a full off-season with the same OC for once, and some dang continuity.

Alex can absolutely play well enough for this team to go to the playoffs. If one actually THINKS for a moment, they realize that virtually any other alternative for 2010 is a far worse idea.

OTC, the only problem with your argument is that you are asking people to think...unfortunately, that won't happen.

No, the problem is he's once again relying on Alex Smith to get the job done.

And if he doesn't, we move ahead with the Nate Davis era in 2011. There's your new QB. And he can actually succeed because he's been in the same system for two years and he's had a chance to sit back and learn.

For some reason haters just can't comprehend this simple thought.

(Alex sucks,he's ruined the Niners the last 5 years,time for change,)

They're so blinded by their hatred they don't realize the guy hasn't even played for 5 yrs

Why?

I don't.

I've not spoken much about the Smith debate in a while, but seeing this is just appalling. As if Nate Davis, a FA, or any other rookie would give us a better chance than Alex with a full off-season with the same OC for once, and some dang continuity.

Alex can absolutely play well enough for this team to go to the playoffs. If one actually THINKS for a moment, they realize that virtually any other alternative for 2010 is a far worse idea.

Based on what? We're 3-5 with Alex and he doesn't rank above 20th in any QB statistic.

Enlighten me on what I'm missing here. It's not year 2.5 for Alex it's year 5 and we're still seeing very marginal improvement.

What's appalling to me is that we can't move on. I'm all for taking a step backwards or sideways in order to take 2 steps forward.

Alex is actually having a pretty good season considering all the circumstances

Originally posted by Super5:

Why?

I don't.

Based on what? We're 3-5 with Alex and he doesn't rank above 20th in any QB statistic.

Enlighten me on what I'm missing here. It's not year 2.5 for Alex it's year 5 and we're still seeing very marginal improvement.

What's appalling to me is that we can't move on. I'm all for taking a step backwards or sideways in order to take 2 steps forward.

16 TDs in 7.5 games is probably the best any SF QB has done since Garcia.

Once we have some continuity and identity + OTA/TC with the same group...the wins will come.
Originally posted by crzy:
Mike Singletary and Scott McCloughan are going to ride the Alex Smith bandwagon right out of town.

It's too bad.

We're wasting the career of Frank Gore and Patrick Willis with this hopeless Alex Smith experiment.

Yeah,it is too bad.Although #21 had the best year of his career so far with #11 behind center they should've kept JTO and have him rotate with Shaun Hill because Gore and Willis would have lived long and prospered...

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Super5:

Why?

I don't.

16 TDs in 7.5 games is probably the best any SF QB has done since Garcia.

Once we have some continuity and identity + OTA/TC with the same group...the wins will come.

Sorry Lambda, but none of this matters IMHO.

Alex Smith is a improving QB.

The problem is your GM hasn't proven in 5 seasons he can fix the OL and the 49ers haven't proven they have the stones to go out and get a decent OL coach who wasn't a cast-off from some other team who realized they had the wrong guy for the job.

The only season there was improvement at the OL is when Norv Turner talked Larry Allen in joining the team.

Oh no I totally agree man. OLINE should have been priority #1. Agree 100%.

Why?

I don't.

STOP IT
Even if Alex tears it up against the Lions and Rams I still won't have confidence in him. The only good defense he went up against he got destroyed.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Even if Alex tears it up against the Lions and Rams I still won't have confidence in him. The only good defense he went up against he got destroyed.

He fared pretty well against the Colts. Didnt do too bad against AZ.

But yes, against the Eagles...we all got smoked.

You're right the AZ defense that held AP to 35 yards and defeated the Vikings clearly was not a good defense.
i dont give a flyin' f**k who the qb is i just want to win..enough of the moral victory s**t
STOP IT
Originally posted by backontop:

You're right the AZ defense that held AP to 35 yards and defeated the Vikings clearly was not a good defense.

You're right. They clearly are not a good defense. Get a clue Brosuph Islam.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
How many more years do we miss the playoffs before we realize Alex Smith is not and never will be an elite QB in the NFL. We've all seen it, the entire league knows that. He may be decent career backup, but from what I've seen, he shines at times, but stinks it up again and again.

If you guys are willing to not make the playoffs for another 5 years to develop Alex Smith, sure... keep him around. Let's wait till he's 30 before he finally gets it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of losing man... I'm sick of almost winning.. We keep saying, "there's always next year" This is a win now league, and Alex Smith cannot win now.

starts at the top, the yorks are a joke ownership group
Share 49ersWebzone