LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Maybe he and McGlinchey should stop all the ass grabbing and Disney singing and start working on technique again.

Sad when Skule and Bruns played like the first rounders against far better fronts

Post of the year
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Is time to retire, Joe.
Old bones
f**k! Do the injuries ever stop with this team????
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by elguapo:
f**k! Do the injuries ever stop with this team????

Its part of the game. Next man up
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Maybe he and McGlinchey should stop all the ass grabbing and Disney singing and start working on technique again.

Sad when Skule and Bruns played like the first rounders against far better fronts

Post of the year

Staley getting abused and McGlinchey taking that Sophomore SLUMP in stride, getting hit with that sophomore slump like a mac truck.

The sad part is Skule and Bruns had the entire line playing better in the games they were gone than in the games Staley and Joe played in earlier in the year.

It's tough because it's not just individual components on the line but how they work together. If Staley and mglintch both suck we should expect the entire rest of the line to play bad also. :/
Staley has always been overrated in my opinion. And as an ND fan I wasn't a big fan of Mcglinchy either. It's very telling that some late round and un-drafted players have outperformed them.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Nov 13, 2019 at 6:46 AM ]
  • Kyzen
Need to change the name of this thread to "Joe has to go show".
Staley looked like a rookie out there.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kyzen:

Amen.

You guys are ridiculous.

He had a bad game after being out of action for a long time. I didn't see what part of the game he hurt his finger, playing injured could've made the rust even worse.

He's one of our best players and a great guy. Shame on everyone talking chit about the guy for a poor game.
Originally posted by genus49:

You guys are ridiculous.

He had a bad game after being out of action for a long time. I didn't see what part of the game he hurt his finger, playing injured could've made the rust even worse.

He's one of our best players and a great guy. Shame on everyone talking chit about the guy for a poor game.

He's getting outplayed by Skule. At what point do you go with the younger hot-hand? After Jimmy get's destroyed and our run game is obsolete?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Staley has always been overrated in my opinion. And as an ND fan I wasn't a big fan of Mcglinchy either. It's very telling that some late round and un-drafted players have outperformed them.

So your saying that 3x all pro and 6x probowl OT Joe staley is overrated?

Originally posted by jcs:
So your saying that 3x all pro and 6x probowl OT Joe staley is overrated?

No, we are saying he's not the same player he once was, and was outplayed by undrafted and late round draft picks. That's the point. His time may have passed; he hasn't been the same the last couple of years, actually.
Share 49ersWebzone