LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 206 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
Both Staley and McGlinchery played like s**t tonight. We should have stayed with what was working.

Ding ding ding.

Olines take time to gel. If your a smart coach you have Staley and mglintchey rotate in and keep Brunskill in all game.

I don't know how you even bench Brunskill considering he was stoning people. The thing people don't realize is Jimmy looked a lot better when mglintch and Staley were hurt.

Seattle doesn't even have a pass rush. Both these dudes should have easily been exposed in practice by bosa, ford, and buck. This should have been obvious.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Nov 11, 2019 at 9:29 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4thandlong:
I hope Clowney gave a him a cigarette after the game after that session. Staley looked like an old man.

.. $100 for the 1st person who posts... 9MOON's right all along about STALEY !!!
I can't disagree with any of the comments so far on this page … as I felt the same way during the game.
I may not have the football IQ of Shanny, but some things were evident tonight, namely:

Originally posted by WINiner:
Both Staley and McGlinchery played like s**t tonight. We should have stayed with what was working.

Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Dude was ABUSED. All night. Speed moves, power moves …

Originally posted by susweel:
… Clowney owned him all game.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I was very worried about him and McGlinchey coming in after this line has been working so well without them …

Originally posted by 4thandlong:
Staley looked like an old man …
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Nov 11, 2019 at 9:38 PM ]
Dude got pancaked all have long!
Embarrassing performance tonight from him smh
Probably the worst game of his career easily. Got man handled & his ass whooped all game long
Getting up there in age. His lateral movement is getting too slow. Becoming a liability.

And I thought Clowney was a bust, guys??? Sure looks like he showed up against the Niners. Guess thats what the Seahawks do.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Probably the worst game of his career easily. Got man handled & his ass whooped all game long

Up there with the Denver game
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Getting up there in age. His lateral movement is getting too slow. Becoming a liability.

And I thought Clowney was a bust, guys??? Sure looks like he showed up against the Niners. Guess thats what the Seahawks do.

Clowney isn't nowhere near being a bust. Rough game for Joe no doubt.
Originally posted by lamontb:

you should check out the Clowney thread when he was traded there.

This was a really bad game for him. Might need to play Skule over him

This game made him worth his trade value. He should cut Staley a check from his next contract. Limited impact up until this point but niners gonna niner.

You can say he hasn't lived up to the up to expectations but he's a good player.
Worst game to throw rusty Joe and rusty Mike back into, this was the stupidest idea on Earth. We s**t all over our offensive chemistry.
I thought only Staley was coming back this week and Brunskill would hold the right side. Both Staley and McClinchy played like crap and was mainly responsible for the offensive drop off in both passing and running
Share 49ersWebzone