There are 227 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Sounds like he'll be ready for the Cards game. Just in time for that beast Chandler Jones.

yup that's what it's sounding like
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Sounds like he'll be ready for the Cards game. Just in time for that beast Chandler Jones.

yup that's what it's sounding like

I'm a little bummed he won't be back for this game. But so be it. Shanny has to keep up his remarkable play calling. Which he will.
So we supposed to get this guy back this week? Lehhss Goooo Niners!! Getting healthier for the long stretch.
Back for a road a game. Nice. Kudos to Justin Skule for doing a heck of a job and showing he can be our swing tackle for a while
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Back for a road a game. Nice. Kudos to Justin Skule for doing a heck of a job and showing he can be our swing tackle for a while

No question!
Looks like Staley will be out one more week.

Skule will have his hands full with Chandler Jones
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it's the right call to rest him up another week - he should be extra ready for Monday against the Seachickens.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think it's the right call to rest him up another week - he should be extra ready for Monday against the Seachickens.

Agreed
his injury will turn out to be a blessing. It gives him a chance to mitigate the bumps and bruises of a long season and keep him fresh for the playoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RocketMan:
his injury will turn out to be a blessing. It gives him a chance to mitigate the bumps and bruises of a long season and keep him fresh for the playoffs.

Exactly.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by RocketMan:

Exactly.

Agreed. These reinforcements coming back for the Monday night game will be huge. Glad everyone is healing up just the way they should
If the report about x-rays showing it 90% healed is true, I hate to say it, but I don't think he should be out there. If it's not 100% healed, that's not a risk we should be taking, in my opinion. We play the Seahawks and the Cardinals who both have no problem taking cheap shots at our players. I would not be surprised at all to see them diving at his legs in these games.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 6, 2019 at 6:25 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If the report about x-rays showing it 90% healed is true, I hate to say it, but I don't think he should be out there. If it's not 100% healed, that's not a risk we should be taking, in my opinion. We play the Seahawks and the Cardinals who both have no problem taking cheap shots at our players. I would not be surprised at all to see them diving at his legs in these games.

Where did you see this?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Where did you see this?

This. I'd be very surprised if we're letting a player come back to play/practice if x-rays didn't show a full recovery.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

???

If his hairline fracture hasn't healed by now he has bigger issues. And the doctors would never clear him for impact. He would literally still have a fracture.
Share 49ersWebzone