There are 149 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wouldn't rush him back, I'd let him heal for at least another week or two. Skule has been holding up well enough where Staley doesn't need to be rushed back. IMO

If anything it's McGlinchey I'd like to see back limited and playing.

Since its a broken bone, it's probably a pretty black and white answer. Is it fully healed? Can you play without too much pain? They wont clear him unless its healed, so I doubt he could come back too early.
Having a healthy Joe back for this game would be a huge advantage for us. Let's hope he's ready!
Go Niners!
No way I'm gonna play joe this sunday and risk re-injuring it. Need him for the playoffs 100% healthy
Originally posted by braap49er:
No way I'm gonna play joe this sunday and risk re-injuring it. Need him for the playoffs 100% healthy

What he's gonna break his bone again? If the bone is healed then he's good. I think it's more conditioning and having his leg strong enough.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

What he's gonna break his bone again? If the bone is healed then he's good. I think it's more conditioning and having his leg strong enough.

Yes.

Yes.

It's very unlikely he would break the bone again, especially in the same spot. It was a freak injury in the first place. Bones are probably one of the easiest injuries to know if it's healed.
Originally posted by trogdor:

Yes.

It's very unlikely he would break the bone again, especially in the same spot. It was a freak injury in the first place. Bones are probably one of the easiest injuries to know if it's healed.

Of course we have to make the playoffs first....
Sounds like he'll be ready for the Cards game. Just in time for that beast Chandler Jones.
Originally posted by trogdor:

This....he's not gonna re-injure the same thing with a broken bone. When it's healed it's healed.

His conditioning and strength (on his leg) probably isn't there yet.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Sounds like he'll be ready for the Cards game. Just in time for that beast Chandler Jones.

yup that's what it's sounding like

Originally posted by NCommand:

yup that's what it's sounding like

I'm a little bummed he won't be back for this game. But so be it. Shanny has to keep up his remarkable play calling. Which he will.
So we supposed to get this guy back this week? Lehhss Goooo Niners!! Getting healthier for the long stretch.
Back for a road a game. Nice. Kudos to Justin Skule for doing a heck of a job and showing he can be our swing tackle for a while
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Back for a road a game. Nice. Kudos to Justin Skule for doing a heck of a job and showing he can be our swing tackle for a while

No question!
Looks like Staley will be out one more week.

Skule will have his hands full with Chandler Jones
Share 49erswebzone