There are 153 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When Joe comes back, do they bring Skule over to RT or leave Brunskill

That's what I'm curious about

I'd bet they'll leave Brunskill where he's at and have Skule be the swing.

Naw Brunskill needs to sit down. I think they'll move Skule there. He's proven to be the better tackle.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When Joe comes back, do they bring Skule over to RT or leave Brunskill

That's what I'm curious about

I'd bet they'll leave Brunskill where he's at and have Skule be the swing.

Naw Brunskill needs to sit down. I think they'll move Skule there. He's proven to be the better tackle.

I agree but Shanny seems to like to not swap players to different positions unless he has to.
Well Joe is definitely a maybe. Hope he has fully healed up. We should know by Friday if he will start.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I agree but Shanny seems to like to not swap players to different positions unless he has to.

Thing is Skule is much better and played RT during training camp. He's a swing tackle they're suppose to know how to do both.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I agree but Shanny seems to like to not swap players to different positions unless he has to.

Thing is Skule is much better and played RT during training camp. He's a swing tackle they're suppose to know how to do both.

Hopefully that's the case, Skule is a boss.
I think Joe can't wait to get back out there... my guess is he plays this Sunday, and they move Skule to RT.
Just watched video of him practicing on the side, man he looks good. I think there's a good chance he plays Sunday
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Just watched video of him practicing on the side, man he looks good. I think there's a good chance he plays Sunday
Go Go Joe !!!!!
getting staley back against this carolina dline will be huge

Is a not-100% healthy Staley still better than a 100% healthy Justin Skule?
Don't rush back. But if you are ready to go, please please do come back.
i hope he is healthy and ready to go.

We could use him this week!
  • Kolohe
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 47,384
I wouldn't rush him back, I'd let him heal for at least another week or two. Skule has been holding up well enough where Staley doesn't need to be rushed back. IMO

If anything it's McGlinchey I'd like to see back limited and playing.
Share 49erswebzone