There are 215 users in the forums

anybody else worried about our pass defense vs Green Bay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
I posted this in the other Green Bay thread.

Chicago (4-5)
Cincy (7-2)
St. Louis (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Detroit (1-8)
Cleveland (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Tampa Bay (1-8)
Dallas (6-3)

Green Bay has their ranking because of who they've played not because they're that good. They've played 3 teams with winning records and lost to two of them. They lost to a team that had been winless to that point. They've very beatable and we shouldn't be heading into this game thinking it's a sure loss.
Originally posted by smileyman:
I posted this in the other Green Bay thread.

Chicago (4-5)
Cincy (7-2)
St. Louis (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Detroit (1-8)
Cleveland (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Tampa Bay (1-8)
Dallas (6-3)

Green Bay has their ranking because of who they've played not because they're that good. They've played 3 teams with winning records and lost to two of them. They lost to a team that had been winless to that point. They've very beatable and we shouldn't be heading into this game thinking it's a sure loss.

Yeah, that potent second half (which is overshadowing a sloppy first half) against the Cowboys still doesn't mask all the problems on GB's offensive line.

Dallas has an OK defense, but their pass-rush didn't make up for the fact that their secondary is just plain pedestrian (which is why they never capitalized upon Aaron's mistakes).

We run a 3-4 base with a far more talented secondary that sometimes makes up for the lacking PR (and a D-line that hasn't allowed a QB-thrown TD in 'almost' 3 straight games).

People are also forgetting that a lot is at stake here, so nobody should pencil in an instant loss for either team.
I try and only worry about the obvious holes on the team the OL/QB play/PR/KR
IMO, it will be all on the guys up front. Our OL vs their DL and our DL vs their OL. If we take just that point of view, I really, really like our chances. Their OL is more porous than ours which say volumes. We need to have a game plan like the one against the Colts. That game shows our D can play well against a top ranked passer...the best at that. Therefore, we have a great opportunity to apply pressure and keep the legs fresh by rotating guys like Balmer and McD for Ice and Franklin...to me this is key: Freshness in the fourth.

Our offense can move the ball. Our OL must continue to improve and believe they can dominate. Our WRs must catch the frickin ball when it touches the hands, right Crabtree? Our top players must focus and not make lame penalties, right Vernon? I think our offense can handle their D because everyday in practice they play against a 3-4.

We minimize the penalties. We catch balls. We block. We execute...on both sides of the ball.

We win this frickin' game!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We stopped AZ, Indy, and Houston for the most part. GB is definitely a potent offense but I think we have a shot.

peytons passing yards against us doesnt mean we stopped them.. we just bent, but didnt break. (completely)

Hello, yards don't win games... How many TD's did Manning throw for in the game?? You people are so stuck on statistics, POINTS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY MATTER!
I am worried about every aspect of this game. Very early road start, like 8am and it's going to be cold as a witches you know what. Pretty decent rivalry so it is hostile territory.

We need to be solid for 60 minutes on Sunday to win this one. If for some reason we are hitting on all cylinders and go into the half with a lead I sure hope we don't curl up into that little conservative shell and watch lead evaporate in front of us.

Can't we grab a team by the throat just once and hold it until the game is over??
Share 49ersWebzone