There are 287 users in the forums

anybody else worried about our pass defense vs Green Bay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im not worried, we are gonna win
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Green Bay has the 11th ranked pass offense in the league. That is pretty impressive considering that Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked quarterback in the league (41 times!). Gren Jennings and Donald Driver are good. Do you guys think that we will be able to stop them without Nate!? We are the 29th ranked passing defense......

I think we will be okay. The packers have zero ground game. I'm sure McCarthy will try to test the secondary early. But will be fine. I'm sure J. Smith and McDonald will get plenty of chances to sack the QB. Lawson and Harlason better put some pressure.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We stopped AZ, Indy, and Houston for the most part. GB is definitely a potent offense but I think we have a shot.

peytons passing yards against us doesnt mean we stopped them.. we just bent, but didnt break. (completely)

We kept PEYTON MANNING from throwing a TD. Not many teams can say that. In fact, I believe that hasn't been done in about a year and a half. So I think that definitely qualifies as "stopping" him. And judging by his body language during the game, I'm sure he'd agree.

When judging a defense, the most important statistic by far is 'points allowed per game'. Currently, we're ranked 11th there. Considering Clements is out, and Spikes' limited play, that stat is even more impressive. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't care less if our 'D' gave up 500 passing yards per game if the opposing team doesn't score.
[ Edited by baltien on Nov 17, 2009 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
I'm more worried about our offensive line.

and our DL don't have sacks to chase them with QB..
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Every team that has to play Aaron Rodgers should be worried about their passing defense...
they have no O-Line
The defense will be ready for Green Bay. I'm sure Rodgers and the coaching staff are aware of what happened to Cutler, and how we played against Peyton Manning. I think our defense is going to play lights out. There is no doubt in my mind that we challenge them more than the cowgirls did...... As long as the offense produces (scores) we win this game.......
Originally posted by King49er:
they have no O-Line

at least theirs can runblock better than ours..

and we dont have an oline either. Gore picks up blitzers better than any of our olinemen.
Big Nickel FTW!!

Originally posted by elguapo:
Actually our pass D has done well and handled Manning, Favre, Schaub, Warner, even Ryan (hell is clements makes a tackle instead of going for a pick, ryan has 220 yards and 1 td.

So our pass D has been great. If we get some pressure on rogers we will win.....if we don't, then we will be ok so long as our OL gives Smith more than 2 seconds to pass the ball.

Um......Favre: 301 yards, 2 TD's.
Ryan: 329 yards, 2 TD's
Schaub: 264 yards, 2 TD's

I dont think that you can say our pass D has been great. I will agree that they had a great game against Manning, but thats it.
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Nov 17, 2009 at 12:26 PM ]

Originally posted by midwest9er:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Green Bay has the 11th ranked pass offense in the league. That is pretty impressive considering that Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked quarterback in the league (41 times!). Gren Jennings and Donald Driver are good. Do you guys think that we will be able to stop them without Nate!? We are the 29th ranked passing defense......

I think we will be okay. The packers have zero ground game. I'm sure McCarthy will try to test the secondary early. But will be fine. I'm sure J. Smith and McDonald will get plenty of chances to sack the QB. Lawson and Harlason better put some pressure.

Zero ground game? The Packers are ranked 7th in the NFC (12th in the NFL) in rushing. The 49ers are ranked 11th in the NFC (22nd in the NFL) in rushing.

So this begs the question: If the Packers have zero ground game, , what kind of ground game do the 49ers have?

Being ranked within the top third of the league in any one positive yardage category seems like a solid situation to be in.

Also, it's Haralson, not Harlason.
I'M WORRIED ABOUT SCREEN PLAYS WHICH THE DEFENSE CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT. PLEASE WATCH SOME TAPE FELLAS PLEASE
  • Mex49
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Actually our pass D has done well and handled Manning, Favre, Schaub, Warner, even Ryan (hell is clements makes a tackle instead of going for a pick, ryan has 220 yards and 1 td.

So our pass D has been great. If we get some pressure on rogers we will win.....if we don't, then we will be ok so long as our OL gives Smith more than 2 seconds to pass the ball.

My sentements exactlly.

GO 9ERS!!!!!
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by postonhater:
I'm more worried about us scoring points

Agreed here. I think our Defense will show up, Green Bay isn't a good offensive team. They are a good defensive team however. Everyone contributes on their defense.

This game will be ugly, to say the least.
Share 49ersWebzone