LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 189 users in the forums

anybody else worried about our pass defense vs Green Bay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Green Bay has the 11th ranked pass offense in the league. That is pretty impressive considering that Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked quarterback in the league (41 times!). Gren Jennings and Donald Driver are good. Do you guys think that we will be able to stop them without Nate!? We are the 29th ranked passing defense......
Lets just hope Rodgers pulls a Cutler and throws it to the wrong team over and over! No but seriously this game will be a real test for our pass rush, if we can not get to Rodgers we are in major trouble...
  • B650
  • Veteran
I think that's a little misleading. We're so good against the run that teams have no choice but to pass on us. Plus, we've played some pretty good QBs this year. I think we're a lot better than 29th.

We contained Houston and Indianapolis. We kept the Bears from scoring a TD. I have faith in this defense. I think as long as the offense moves the chains, we'll be able to contain the Packers as well.

I'm seriously smelling an upset.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Green Bay has the 11th ranked pass offense in the league. That is pretty impressive considering that Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked quarterback in the league (41 times!). Gren Jennings and Donald Driver are good. Do you guys think that we will be able to stop them without Nate!? We are the 29th ranked passing defense......

1st and 2nd down yes which forces rodgers to throw and i guess we put shawntae on driver and brown on jennings we better stop their TE's since we seem to not cover anybody's TE's
We stopped AZ, Indy, and Houston for the most part. GB is definitely a potent offense but I think we have a shot.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We stopped AZ, Indy, and Houston for the most part. GB is definitely a potent offense but I think we have a shot.

peytons passing yards against us doesnt mean we stopped them.. we just bent, but didnt break. (completely)
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

peytons passing yards against us doesnt mean we stopped them.. we just bent, but didnt break. (completely)

who has stopped manning so far? dude is a beast in his what, 12th year?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

What the f**k else do you want against his laser rocket arm?
I'm more worried about our offensive line.
Actually our pass D has done well and handled Manning, Favre, Schaub, Warner, even Ryan (hell is clements makes a tackle instead of going for a pick, ryan has 220 yards and 1 td.

So our pass D has been great. If we get some pressure on rogers we will win.....if we don't, then we will be ok so long as our OL gives Smith more than 2 seconds to pass the ball.

if Rodgers goes deep --and he will-- we'll be in huge trouble. Rodgers vs. Smith in a shootout? ha! we're f***ed unless the defense comes up HUGE with TOs
  • Chief
  • Veteran
We have faced The Vikings, Falcons, Texans and Colts... All better QB's IMO.

Though, we lost all those games.
If we can reign in manning we can reign in Rogers. I wager we could win this game with 24 on the board. Now can we put up 24? I'm not sure. Dallas didn't do a bad job defending Rogers themselves and I'd argue our secondary is better.
I'm more worried about us scoring points
I'm worried about our offensive line vs Green Bay. (or vs anybody). Green Bay does something in their D a lot that we don't do too often which is blitz the inside linebackers. We do that a little bit, but I think we should do it a little more often.
Share 49ersWebzone