LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cNiner:
Sings biggest mistake is Jimmy Ray !

A big mistake indeed along with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS and other things.
That is not on the coach, it was obvious that the TEAM knew that we didn't score as the special teams unit didn't run on the field and the ENTIRE offense did, ONLY Coffee didn't it was HIS MISTAKE. You can't coach mental errors those come with experience. So what you are saying is any mental error penalty is the coaches fault. So any interception thrown, sack taken is Singletary's fault he should coach Hill to throw out of bounds when in trouble and not take the sack and no interceptions! Any offside penalty is his fault because he should be coaching the lineman to not jump the snap count. Got ya, why doesn't he just play the game himself since he's basically the team according to you. Mental errors fall on the shoulders of the player that makes them case closed. As for people complaining about Morgan being benched, he's being benched because he hasn't played good he should have 3 touchdowns EASILY so far and he's dropped passes and ran lazy routes. You get replaced when you don't perform it's the business that is the sport. Hockie goalies get pulled when they let in goals, basketball players get replaced when they don't do their job, football players will get pulled when they don't perform you people are honestly clueless.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
That is not on the coach, it was obvious that the TEAM knew that we didn't score as the special teams unit didn't run on the field and the ENTIRE offense did, ONLY Coffee didn't it was HIS MISTAKE. You can't coach mental errors those come with experience. So what you are saying is any mental error penalty is the coaches fault. So any interception thrown, sack taken is Singletary's fault he should coach Hill to throw out of bounds when in trouble and not take the sack and no interceptions! Any offside penalty is his fault because he should be coaching the lineman to not jump the snap count. Got ya, why doesn't he just play the game himself since he's basically the team according to you. Mental errors fall on the shoulders of the player that makes them case closed. As for people complaining about Morgan being benched, he's being benched because he hasn't played good he should have 3 touchdowns EASILY so far and he's dropped passes and ran lazy routes. You get replaced when you don't perform it's the business that is the sport. Hockie goalies get pulled when they let in goals, basketball players get replaced when they don't do their job, football players will get pulled when they don't perform you people are honestly clueless.

It is very much the coaches responsibility to have the team mentally prepared. If they are not it is a reflection on the HC.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:20 AM ]
wish we would of taken a pep rally time out before that final Minnesota play.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Yeah the PEP RALLY TIMEOUT really helped us VS. Atlanta... If your guys need PEP RALLYS during the middle of the game they are not prepared. That is a reflection on the ALL EMOTION & NO PREPERATION HC that we currently have.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:23 AM ]
If you bring in Lebron James and you already have Caron Butler playing small forward I'm pretty sure you put in Lebron A.S.A.P. God people do you know ANYTHING about football. Crabtree is better then Morgan and Morgan has got all the chances in the world he's dropped a touchdown and ran a lazy catch to the goal line when he should have scored. You put the best people on the field I don't care about chemistry if you have a weak point. That's like saying put Barry Sims at left tackle and sit Staley because they have better chemistry omg SHUT er up rookie. You obviously do not understand football and you will see this Sunday that our team will have a gameplan and we will play a great football game and don't be suprised if Crabtree gets in the endzone, I sure won't.

p.s. I hope Singletary uses all his timeouts in the first drive and points at the screen and says hey webzone fans, EAT IT!

There is NO WAY that Crabtree knows the amount of playbook that a starter should. 2 mistakes from a 2nd year player doesn't negate the fact that Crabtree does not, and can not, know the plabook. PERIOD!

Singletary has stated from day one that players will EARN their playing time.....how exactly has Crabtree done that? By catching some passes from Alex Smith during the bye? I don't think so. So now EVERY player that was buying into that BS line now see's that EARNING your play time is not the case. That all the rah rah Singeltary has been blowing up their rears is just that, smoke being blown up their rears.

Singletary better hope the team doesn't decide to hold HIM accountable for his decisions the way he does them, or he may have some difficult questions to answer.
[ Edited by WINiner on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:33 AM ]
hummm...bill walsh did the same thing right before the "catch"

in his book he talked about the need to settle joe down and make sure they were on the same page.

so.....yea....

bill walsh did use time outs for coaching.....and it worked....
Originally posted by WINiner:
If you bring in Lebron James and you already have Caron Butler playing small forward I'm pretty sure you put in Lebron A.S.A.P. God people do you know ANYTHING about football. Crabtree is better then Morgan and Morgan has got all the chances in the world he's dropped a touchdown and ran a lazy catch to the goal line when he should have scored. You put the best people on the field I don't care about chemistry if you have a weak point. That's like saying put Barry Sims at left tackle and sit Staley because they have better chemistry omg SHUT er up rookie. You obviously do not understand football and you will see this Sunday that our team will have a gameplan and we will play a great football game and don't be suprised if Crabtree gets in the endzone, I sure won't.

p.s. I hope Singletary uses all his timeouts in the first drive and points at the screen and says hey webzone fans, EAT IT!

There is NO WAY that Crabtree knows the amount of playbook that a starter should. 2 mistakes from a 2nd year player doesn't negate the fact that Crabtree does not, and can not know the plabook. PERIOD!

Singletary has stated from day one that players will EARN their playing time.....how exactly has Crabtree done that? By catching some passes from Alex Smith during the bye? I don't think so. So now EVERY player that was buying into that BS line now see's that EARNING your play time is not the case. That all the rah rah Singeltary has been blowing up their rears is just that, smoke being blown up their rears.

Singletary better hope the team doesn't decide to hold HIM accountable for his decisions the way he does them, or he may have some difficult questions to answer.

+ 1

Originally posted by Dshearn:
hummm...bill walsh did the same thing right before the "catch"

in his book he talked about the need to settle joe down and make sure they were on the same page.

so.....yea....

bill walsh did use time outs for coaching.....and it worked....

To settle a team down on certain key ocassions ok.

To have a PEP RALLY for an unrpepared team...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah the PEP RALLY TIMEOUT really helped us VS. Atlanta... If your guys need PEP RALLYS during the middle of the game they are not prepared. That is a reflection on the ALL EMOTION & NO PREPERATION HC that we currently have.

Ok we get it. You don't like the 2 "pep rally" timeouts thus you hate Singletary. Can we move on???

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame

There is NO WAY that Crabtree knows the amount of playbook that a starter should. 2 mistakes from a 2nd year player doesn't negate the fact that Crabtree does not, and can not know the plabook. PERIOD!

Think about things from a different POV for just a moment

Do you think the Yorks want to see their new big shot multi-million dollar toy EARNING his time? Doubt it. Football is a business first and foremost and the Yorks are business people. I'm sure there was considerable pressure on the coaching staff over the bye week to make sure Crabtree was in position to be on the field as early and a much as possible.

While I'm not ruling out the possibility that Singletary didn't make this discussion on his own, it doesn't exactly seem like his MO. Remember Sing doesn't have the same freedom that Nolan had during his first 3 years.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Well why don’t you cry about it.

Are you serious? If you are why?

And how many times are you going to say TIME OUT I think you could use one yourself.

I could argue that if they didn’t need to burn a timeout because of Coffee not being on the field they would have had one left challenged the kickoff fumble kept the ball drove the field and been within one score.

Or someone else could argue that they would have kept the ball and Hill would have thrown a pick.

Or someone could argue that if the ref made the right call the timeout doesn’t even matter.

You have no idea what would have happened.

Should a could a would a

I have no problem with the timeouts no one b***hes at a QB if he’s at the LOS and sees something he doesn’t like and calls a timeout what’s different about the coach doing the same thing?
Originally posted by Esco:

Do you think the Yorks want to see their new big shot multi-million dollar toy EARNING his time? Doubt it. Football is a business first and foremost and the Yorks are business people. I'm sure there was considerable pressure on the coaching staff over the bye week to make sure Crabtree was in position to be on the field as early and a much as possible.

While I'm not ruling out the possibility that Singletary didn't make this discussion on his own, it doesn't exactly seem like his MO. Remember Sing doesn't have the same freedom that Nolan had during his first 3 years.

He's pretty much calling the shots on personnel and who gets playing time though.
We drafted him first overall to come in and be the receiver he's been training all year he came in on the bye week our offense runs about 5 plays so it can't be too hard to prepare. Not to mention he's said about 50 times that Bruce, Morgan, and Crabtree will all get playing time, and whoever gets results will stay in the game sounds fair to me? So when Crabtree makes his first catch for 7 yards and then continues making plays when given the chance will Singletary still be an idiot? Ya we will see I guess.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:

He's pretty much calling the shots on personnel and who gets playing time though.

Which is why everyone should stop jumping to conclusions on Crabtree starting. All starting means is that you line up during the initial series of the game. I've watched several interviews with Sing so far this week where he's been quoted saying that Josh will probably get more plays that Crabtree. I think the whole Crabtree starting thing is more of a publicity stunt then an actual major move. We will just have to wait and see.
Share 49ersWebzone