LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't see how he is that good. Look at the Denver coach for example. 6 - 0 in his rookie season and his team is always prepared.

Singletary:

Lack of preperation - Where were the X's and O's preperation for the Atlanta game? They got their butt kicked all over the field and didn't appear ready or well coached.

Taking timeouts to give worthless PEP RALLY's... Can you picture Bill Walsh doing this? That PEP RALLY cost a challenge later in the game which was a momentum changer and a game changer if it was a close game. Luckily we got blown out like we often do.

Chilo a starter and rotating Guards... Where is the continuity to the offensive line? Find a starter and stick with it. If you don't know who your starters are you aren't a real good coach.

Elevating DIVA (Crabtree) to a starter after missing all of preseason, all the games and training camp. Obviously he is not ready. He barely knows the plays at this point. And what does it do for the locker room? He's losing his guys. Guys are already complaining. Tree hasn't earned anything yet.

Yelling at opposing teams players. How is this HC worthy? A HC is supposed to be well above this level.

IMO Singletary is a highly emotional guy who wants to win but doesn't control his emotions well enough to be a steady head coach. Mike Nolan was better with game management / time management by far. I don't believe we can win with Singletary in the present state. He needs to tone it down a little and be a coach instead of an inspirational leader and motivational speaker.

Discuss Singletary's good and bad points thus far.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 22, 2009 at 4:14 AM ]
Well until Bill Walsh nobody used the WCO.

I do not have a problem with the timeouts he has taken to rally the players ( in 5 games two).

One it worked the second time it did not.

I do not agree with the yelling at other team players, and singletary has also stated that it was a mistake.

Denver is a much better team talent wise than us.
Josh McDaniels is better at playcalling than Jimmy Raye.

Yet I do belive that the niners will go 9-7 and make the playoffs.
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

Yelling at other teams players is well below HC material.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 22, 2009 at 4:25 AM ]
big mistake leaving shaun hill in at QB
  • Bille
  • Veteran
Well he must be doing something right since you predicted this team went 1-15.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

It's not like we are wasting them like Mike Martz. I agree with what you are saying but both times they where needed. Basically Singletary sees us losing momentum and falling apart and he tried to stop it. Nothing wrong with using them to try to turn around the game.
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
big mistake leaving shaun hill in at QB

I personally agree with that one. He is garbage.
A head coach will come in and turn around a team that could not get a team above 0.500 since '02. since sing came on, the club is what 8 and 6 as a head coach? last i checked we've had an above 0.500 record. i say before we start saying sing ain't a head coach, we wait to see how he finishes this year. but thus far, i see improved play on this team as a whole. he has made moves and produced better performance on the field and put more win in the win column than losses. that is what a coach is supposed to do, period!!!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 22, 2009 at 4:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

It's not like we are wasting them like Mike Martz. I agree with what you are saying but both times they where needed. Basically Singletary sees us losing momentum and falling apart and he tried to stop it. Nothing wrong with using them to try to turn around the game.

The timeouts WERE NOT NEEDED! A complete waste. Timeouts are for:

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

That is it period. If a HC doesn't know that he shouldn't be HC.

Originally posted by miked1978:
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

I do give a damn about the timeouts. He is a different kind of coach indeed when it comes to timeouts usage...

I don't think we are playoff caliber. I know we are not.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

Well my friend undoubtedly you don't know what time outs are for. They have a lot more uses than that
~ Ice the opposing kicker
~ Get your team back together if they are looking tired or confused (PEP RALLY)
~ The other team comes out in a different look and you don't have the right personnel in
~ TV break
~To go to the bathroom

So many reasons to use timeouts so dry you eyes. Its ok its not even midway through the season plus we are still atop of the nfc west. Stop your blood clot crying
Originally posted by redmanc07:

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

Well my friend undoubtedly you don't know what time outs are for. They have a lot more uses than that
~ Ice the opposing kicker
~ Get your team back together if they are looking tired or confused (PEP RALLY)
~ The other team comes out in a different look and you don't have the right personnel in
~ TV break
~To go to the bathroom

So many reasons to use timeouts so dry you eyes. Its ok its not even midway through the season plus we are still atop of the nfc west. Stop your blood clot crying

You can ice the opposing kicker. I don't mind that. The other reasons are garbage IMO. Timeouts are precious. You can't waste them.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

at this post..... Timeouts maybe for those three things, but they have been used for various reason through out football history.... I LOVE THE WAY SINGLETARY chooses to use ours.....

you my look at it as a Pep talk.... I look at it as situations were our defense looked tired and were giving up considerable yardage......so a timeout to rest them and at the same time rest them mentally for a short period of time, while reminding them what the situation is and what to look out for....is very necessary, I don't expect our Defense to play Perfect all the time.

like I have said before Atlanta's coach Smith made a wonderful decision to call for a playaction and a deep pass after that timeout..... he knew that the 9er defense wanted to make a play bad for each other and coach....and were most likely going to be aggressive.......so I think everyone on Defense learned from that play....in the future, yes SD we are still going to use those types of time outs, in the future I'm sure they will look out for a misdirection play after those types of time outs.....
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:04 AM ]
Yay more I don't know what football is fans! The timeouts were taken for a reason, the defense is on the field ALOT because the offense goes 3 and out more then any other team in the NFL. But were in alot of games because of the defense so if we keep the score close we have a chance, he's taken two timeouts and I LOVED both. They were both when the score was close and in an important moment. It gives the defense a chance to get some air as they've been beaten up and down the field but haven't cracked yet, it gives the coach a chance to go in and talk to his players and tell them the truth, this is it guys we need a stop, hold them to a field goal and give us a chance. The first game they responded but in the Falcons game they did not. His game managing could be better and playcalling which I think he is really behind could also improve. But as far as being a coach and helping his team and having that intensity he is awsome! I'm glad our coach asks alot of our guys, pulls them in and demands a stop, because in reality if we had gotten that stop rather then give up the White TD the game might have gone differently since football is all about momentum.

The rotation of lineman is good, I don't care what game it is during the seasons the best players should be on the field, if you are not performing sit the pine until you show up on the field. As for the Dahl thing, it might not have been professional of him to yell at the player, but don't you dare knock him for protecting his team, a player was TAKING CHEAP shots at our guys and he wasn't gonna have any of that. Family comes first and the NINERS are part of his family and he will back them up until the end. I love his intensity and wish more of the team and fans had it.
Share 49ersWebzone