LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Thrash88:
We drafted him first overall to come in and be the receiver he's been training all year he came in on the bye week our offense runs about 5 plays so it can't be too hard to prepare. Not to mention he's said about 50 times that Bruce, Morgan, and Crabtree will all get playing time, and whoever gets results will stay in the game sounds fair to me? So when Crabtree makes his first catch for 7 yards and then continues making plays when given the chance will Singletary still be an idiot? Ya we will see I guess.

I question the SING METHODS... "Playing time is earned and not deserved." But it seems different in this case doesn't it?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
If you bring in Lebron James and you already have Caron Butler playing small forward I'm pretty sure you put in Lebron A.S.A.P. God people do you know ANYTHING about football. Crabtree is better then Morgan and Morgan has got all the chances in the world he's dropped a touchdown and ran a lazy catch to the goal line when he should have scored. You put the best people on the field I don't care about chemistry if you have a weak point. That's like saying put Barry Sims at left tackle and sit Staley because they have better chemistry omg SHUT er up rookie. You obviously do not understand football and you will see this Sunday that our team will have a gameplan and we will play a great football game and don't be suprised if Crabtree gets in the endzone, I sure won't.

p.s. I hope Singletary uses all his timeouts in the first drive and points at the screen and says hey webzone fans, EAT IT!

There is NO WAY that Crabtree knows the amount of playbook that a starter should. 2 mistakes from a 2nd year player doesn't negate the fact that Crabtree does not, and can not know the plabook. PERIOD!

Singletary has stated from day one that players will EARN their playing time.....how exactly has Crabtree done that? By catching some passes from Alex Smith during the bye? I don't think so. So now EVERY player that was buying into that BS line now see's that EARNING your play time is not the case. That all the rah rah Singeltary has been blowing up their rears is just that, smoke being blown up their rears.

Singletary better hope the team doesn't decide to hold HIM accountable for his decisions the way he does them, or he may have some difficult questions to answer.

Think about things from a different POV for just a moment

Do you think the Yorks want to see their new big shot multi-million dollar toy EARNING his time? Doubt it. Football is a business first and foremost and the Yorks are business people. I'm sure there was considerable pressure on the coaching staff over the bye week to make sure Crabtree was in position to be on the field as early and a much as possible.

While I'm not ruling out the possibility that Singletary didn't make this discussion on his own, it doesn't exactly seem like his MO. Remember Sing doesn't have the same freedom that Nolan had during his first 3 years.

He's pretty much calling the shots on personnel and who gets playing time though.

Which is why everyone should stop jumping to conclusions on Crabtree starting. All starting means is that you line up during the initial series of the game. I've watched several interviews with Sing so far this week where he's been quoted saying that Josh will probably get more plays that Crabtree. I think the whole Crabtree starting thing is more of a publicity stunt then an actual major move. We will just have to wait and see.

Here's a link basically saying what I was getting at
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/San-Francisco-49ers-rsquo-Morgan-getting-more-p?urn=nfl,197547
  • rob28
  • Veteran
I don't see how he is that good. Look at the Denver coach for example. 6 - 0 in his rookie season and his team is always prepared.

Singletary:

Lack of preperation - Where were the X's and O's preperation for the Atlanta game? They got their butt kicked all over the field and didn't appear ready or well coached.

Taking timeouts to give worthless PEP RALLY's... Can you picture Bill Walsh doing this? That PEP RALLY cost a challenge later in the game which was a momentum changer and a game changer if it was a close game. Luckily we got blown out like we often do.

Chilo a starter and rotating Guards... Where is the continuity to the offensive line? Find a starter and stick with it. If you don't know who your starters are you aren't a real good coach.

Elevating DIVA (Crabtree) to a starter after missing all of preseason, all the games and training camp. Obviously he is not ready. He barely knows the plays at this point. And what does it do for the locker room? He's losing his guys. Guys are already complaining. Tree hasn't earned anything yet.

Yelling at opposing teams players. How is this HC worthy? A HC is supposed to be well above this level.

IMO Singletary is a highly emotional guy who wants to win but doesn't control his emotions well enough to be a steady head coach. Mike Nolan was better with game management / time management by far. I don't believe we can win with Singletary in the present state. He needs to tone it down a little and be a coach instead of an inspirational leader and motivational speaker.

Discuss Singletary's good and bad points thus far.

he's just here until we can get holmgren or shanahan back. and then we can go back to being a great franchise again
Originally posted by rob28:
I don't see how he is that good. Look at the Denver coach for example. 6 - 0 in his rookie season and his team is always prepared.

Singletary:

Lack of preperation - Where were the X's and O's preperation for the Atlanta game? They got their butt kicked all over the field and didn't appear ready or well coached.

Taking timeouts to give worthless PEP RALLY's... Can you picture Bill Walsh doing this? That PEP RALLY cost a challenge later in the game which was a momentum changer and a game changer if it was a close game. Luckily we got blown out like we often do.

Chilo a starter and rotating Guards... Where is the continuity to the offensive line? Find a starter and stick with it. If you don't know who your starters are you aren't a real good coach.

Elevating DIVA (Crabtree) to a starter after missing all of preseason, all the games and training camp. Obviously he is not ready. He barely knows the plays at this point. And what does it do for the locker room? He's losing his guys. Guys are already complaining. Tree hasn't earned anything yet.

Yelling at opposing teams players. How is this HC worthy? A HC is supposed to be well above this level.

IMO Singletary is a highly emotional guy who wants to win but doesn't control his emotions well enough to be a steady head coach. Mike Nolan was better with game management / time management by far. I don't believe we can win with Singletary in the present state. He needs to tone it down a little and be a coach instead of an inspirational leader and motivational speaker.

he's just here until we can get holmgren or shanahan back. and then we can go back to being a great franchise again

I would rather have Holmgren or Shannahan. A great player but more of a RAH, RAH PEP RALLY GUY than a legitimate HC IMO.

Singletary:

Maybe you can jump over to the Bronco's and cheer for Nolan. It seems that if we were SB bound, some of you would still find something to complain about. This is a team that is in a building stage. Head coaches have to learn from their mistakes as well.
Yea wasting timeouts for a pep rally is pointless. This isn't high school he's gonna lose his players with that and plus it doesn't work. Players play better and hard b/c they want to not b/c of a speech.

I have no problem with Crabtree starting b/c the teams WR's stink and the offense needs a jolt.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea wasting timeouts for a pep rally is pointless. This isn't high school he's gonna lose his players with that and plus it doesn't work. Players play better and hard b/c they want to not b/c of a speech.

I have no problem with Crabtree starting b/c the teams WR's stink and the offense needs a jolt.

Oh really cause no one was b***hing about it when he called a timeout in the Cards game and they held them to a FG and changed the momentum of the game?

Some people just aren’t happy unless they’re complaining about something I guess.
All I see is b***hing and moaning. LOL.

Walsh and JJ not calling pep rallies? Do you even see the differences in their rosters and Singletarys?
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

Yelling at other teams players is well below HC material.

Well, give the guy a break, he is practically a rookie hc and he let's emotions get the best of him sometimes, and I think he knows that too. Had the vd thing happened today, I don't think he would react that way again...

Now, about the pep rallies. I am kind of impartial to them. Arizona worked out and atlanta didn't. We happened to get burned. How is it really any different than trying to ice the kicker at the end of a game. You are trying to kill their momentum a little bit...

Just a little story though, I was at that game. When he brought everyone on to the field, the crowd got louder and louder and louder. That place was shaking by the time atlanta ran their play. It was pretty awesome. They just picked the right play. The same thing might have happened had he not done it, am I right?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

Yelling at other teams players is well below HC material.

It's not like we are wasting them like Mike Martz. I agree with what you are saying but both times they where needed. Basically Singletary sees us losing momentum and falling apart and he tried to stop it. Nothing wrong with using them to try to turn around the game.

The timeouts WERE NOT NEEDED! A complete waste. Timeouts are for:

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

That is it period. If a HC doesn't know that he shouldn't be HC.

You seem to know a lot about football. Are you a HC?

Originally posted by miked1978:
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.
We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

Thank you. Its amazing how some time out can freak out this board. He call a time out to regroug his team, get over it. I'd rather he call a time out, then save it when he may not need it.

+1.
I really wonder what would have happened if message boards were around when Bill Walsh went 2-14 & 6-10 in his first two years.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I really wonder what would have happened if message boards were around when Bill Walsh went 2-14 & 6-10 in his first two years.

OMG bring back Nolan!

+1.

Hey it worked @ Arizona, and it didn't work at SF. It wasn't Sing's fault that Coffee thought Morgan scored. If it works he is a hero, if it fails he is the worst rookie head coach.
Share 49ersWebzone