There are 206 users in the forums

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.

I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

I do give a damn about the timeouts. He is a different kind of coach indeed when it comes to timeouts usage...

I don't think we are playoff caliber. I know we are not.

Do you want a coach where you agree with 100% of everything he does? Good luck in searching for that.
their are no set rules for when you can use timeouts, so just let it go. It worked the first time and so it was a good move. It back fires the second time and now it was a terrible decision. Just stop hopping from one bandwagon to another and just stick with your first intuition. The wheels are far from coming off, no need to panic. Everyone makes mistakes, so give him a chance people. If he doesn't learn from them, than you'll know whether he will be a good head coach or not.
When I say two timeouts I mean two important timeouts that are being complained about. He's obviously taken more timeouts then that overall!@
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

Yelling at other teams players is well below HC material.

It's not like we are wasting them like Mike Martz. I agree with what you are saying but both times they where needed. Basically Singletary sees us losing momentum and falling apart and he tried to stop it. Nothing wrong with using them to try to turn around the game.

The timeouts WERE NOT NEEDED! A complete waste. Timeouts are for:

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

That is it period. If a HC doesn't know that he shouldn't be HC.

at this post..... Timeouts maybe for those three things, but they have been used for various reason through out football history.... I LOVE THE WAY SINGLETARY chooses to use ours.....

you my look at it as a Pep talk.... I look at it as situations were our defense looked tired and were giving up considerable yardage......so a timeout to rest them and at the same time rest them mentally for a short period of time, while reminding them what the situation is and what to look out for....is very necessary, I don't expect our Defense to play Perfect all the time.

like I have said before Atlanta's coach Smith made a wonderful decision to call for a playaction and a deep pass after that timeout..... he knew that the 9er defense wanted to make a play bad for each other and coach....and were most likely going to be aggressive.......so I think everyone on Defense learned from that play....in the future, yes SD we are still going to use those types of time outs, in the future I'm sure they will look out for a misdirection play after those types of time outs.....

When did Bill Walsh ever use timeouts like use? When did Jimmy Johnson ever use timeouts like this?

If he wants to be the motivational PEP RALLY guy mabye he can be our MASCOT instead of our HC. I'm calling rediculous when I see it. It's absurd they way he uses timeouts and he WILL COST US GAMES!
Originally posted by redmanc07:
I do have a big problem with PEP RALLY TIMEOUTS. That should be ZERO. PEP RALLY's are for practice. Game timeouts are to stop the clock at the end of half or end of game or for challenges.

It's not like we are wasting them like Mike Martz. I agree with what you are saying but both times they where needed. Basically Singletary sees us losing momentum and falling apart and he tried to stop it. Nothing wrong with using them to try to turn around the game.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

Well my friend undoubtedly you don't know what time outs are for. They have a lot more uses than that
~ Ice the opposing kicker
~ Get your team back together if they are looking tired or confused (PEP RALLY)
~ The other team comes out in a different look and you don't have the right personnel in
~ TV break
~To go to the bathroom

So many reasons to use timeouts so dry you eyes. Its ok its not even midway through the season plus we are still atop of the nfc west. Stop your blood clot crying

You can ice the opposing kicker. I don't mind that. The other reasons are garbage IMO. Timeouts are precious. You can't waste them.

So when they come out and spread 5 wide and we are in a 3-4 they shouldn't use a timeout? ooooottaaaayyy
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Yay more I don't know what football is fans! The timeouts were taken for a reason, the defense is on the field ALOT because the offense goes 3 and out more then any other team in the NFL. But were in alot of games because of the defense so if we keep the score close we have a chance, he's taken two timeouts and I LOVED both. They were both when the score was close and in an important moment. It gives the defense a chance to get some air as they've been beaten up and down the field but haven't cracked yet, it gives the coach a chance to go in and talk to his players and tell them the truth, this is it guys we need a stop, hold them to a field goal and give us a chance. The first game they responded but in the Falcons game they did not. His game managing could be better and playcalling which I think he is really behind could also improve. But as far as being a coach and helping his team and having that intensity he is awsome! I'm glad our coach asks alot of our guys, pulls them in and demands a stop, because in reality if we had gotten that stop rather then give up the White TD the game might have gone differently since football is all about momentum.

The rotation of lineman is good, I don't care what game it is during the seasons the best players should be on the field, if you are not performing sit the pine until you show up on the field. As for the Dahl thing, it might not have been professional of him to yell at the player, but don't you dare knock him for protecting his team, a player was TAKING CHEAP shots at our guys and he wasn't gonna have any of that. Family comes first and the NINERS are part of his family and he will back them up until the end. I love his intensity and wish more of the team and fans had it.

If a defense "needs air because they have been beaten up and down the field" they are not a very tough defense. That falls on the HC. If they are that out of shape they should be running gassers in training camp or running "the hill." That's the coaches responsibility to get them in shape and ready and prepared.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I love how the wheels on the bandwagon fall off when we lose one game.
I don't give a damn about the timeouts. He's a different kind of coach, let him coach how he wants.

We got our butts kicked by a good Atlanta team. It happens, get over it. You're an idiot if you think we are playoff caliber. The only reason we are even close to the playoffs is because we play in the NFC West.

I like Singletary. He knows Xs and Os more than any of us armchair GMs. This is his first full year as head coach, he's going to make mistkes. Lets see how the team does the rest of the season before we all jump off the wagon.

Stow that shiz in the back man, most the posters been here long before any success and are far from bandwagon......
I like Singletary but he is still a young coach.. I really questioned this highering because of his lack of X's and O's skills and it shows on Sundays.. We will not outscheme anybody this season. We have a neanderthallic style of offense..run run real hard up the gut.. It's gonna take some time for Sing to get his X's and O's game up..
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I like Singletary but he is still a young coach.. I really questioned this highering because of his lack of X's and O's skills and it shows on Sundays.. We will not outscheme anybody this season. We have a neanderthallic style of offense..run run real hard up the gut.. It's gonna take some time for Sing to get his X's and O's game up..

+1.

You mean "hiring" I think...
You really have never played football have you, the defense is good for the first 3-4 drives but when the offense is CONSTANTLY going 3 and out the defense doesn't get the REST it normally would on the bench before going back on the field. You can't train a team to play 60 minutes straight on the field, the offense is supposed to get a good drive going not only to score, but to let the defense rest!@ It is more tiring for defenses because they are always chasing to make the tackle rather then knowing the play. So yes when the defense has played 20 minutes in the first 30 they deserve a rest to try and make sure the game doesn't get out of hand, if Hill gets some first downs then they don't need that timeout, case closed GOOD TIME OUT GOOD COACH. As for the coaches you mentioned I'm pretty sure all of them had good offenses that scored points and kept their defenses off the field. Thanks have a nice day.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

at this post..... Timeouts maybe for those three things, but they have been used for various reason through out football history.... I LOVE THE WAY SINGLETARY chooses to use ours.....

you my look at it as a Pep talk.... I look at it as situations were our defense looked tired and were giving up considerable yardage......so a timeout to rest them and at the same time rest them mentally for a short period of time, while reminding them what the situation is and what to look out for....is very necessary, I don't expect our Defense to play Perfect all the time.

like I have said before Atlanta's coach Smith made a wonderful decision to call for a playaction and a deep pass after that timeout..... he knew that the 9er defense wanted to make a play bad for each other and coach....and were most likely going to be aggressive.......so I think everyone on Defense learned from that play....in the future, yes SD we are still going to use those types of time outs, in the future I'm sure they will look out for a misdirection play after those types of time outs.....

When did Bill Walsh ever use timeouts like use? When did Jimmy Johnson ever use timeouts like this?

If he wants to be the motivational PEP RALLY guy mabye he can be our MASCOT instead of our HC. I'm calling rediculous when I see it. It's absurd they way he uses timeouts and he WILL COST US GAMES!

STOP YOUR BULLSH!TING! You're going to TELL ME THAT YOU REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE TIMEOUT BILL WALSH USED????? YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME YOU WATCHED ALL OF JIMMY JOHNSON'S GAMES?????

you predicted us to go 1-15 for a reason....we all know this.... I hate to break it to you but worse case scenario we are going to win just enough for Singletary to be brought back next year...and that is just the worst case scenario......there is a higher possibility that we are going to have a winning record this year....and with us so far starting 3-0 in our division, there is also a high chance we are going to win our division....(we are going to play the Cards who we always play tough, at home later in the season)

do I know this, NO! do you know we won't be a playoff team, NO!....but the percentages so far are in the 9ers favor as far as having a winning record this year.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:18 AM ]

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

If he wants to be the motivational PEP RALLY guy mabye he can be our MASCOT instead of our HC. I'm calling rediculous when I see it. It's absurd they way he uses timeouts and he HAS COST US GAMES!

Fixed
Originally posted by Thrash88:
You really have never played football have you, the defense is good for the first 3-4 drives but when the offense is CONSTANTLY going 3 and out the defense doesn't get the REST it normally would on the bench before going back on the field. You can't train a team to play 60 minutes straight on the field, the offense is supposed to get a good drive going not only to score, but to let the defense rest!@ It is more tiring for defenses because they are always chasing to make the tackle rather then knowing the play. So yes when the defense has played 20 minutes in the first 30 they deserve a rest to try and make sure the game doesn't get out of hand, if Hill gets some first downs then they don't need that timeout, case closed GOOD TIME OUT GOOD COACH. As for the coaches you mentioned I'm pretty sure all of them had good offenses that scored points and kept their defenses off the field. Thanks have a nice day.

The defense doesn't need rest. They need to run some gassers or run "the hill" to show some toughness. Sometimes you are on the field longer than expected. Show some toughness and be a real NFL player.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

STOP YOUR BULLSH!TING! You're going to TELL ME THAT YOU REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE TIMEOUT BILL WALSH USED????? YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME YOU WATCHED ALL OF JIMMY JOHNSON'S GAMES?????

you predicted us to go 1-15 for a reason....we all know this.... I hate to break it to you but worse case scenario we are going to win just enough for Singletary to be brought back next year...and that is just the worst case scenario......there is a higher possibility that we are going to have a winning record this year....and with us so far starting 3-0 in our division, there is also a high chance we are going to win our division....(we are going to play the Cards who we always play tough, at home later in the season)

do I know this, NO! do you know we won't be a playoff team, NO!....but the percentages so far are in the 9ers favor as far as having a winning record this year.

Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would NEVER use timeouts like this. They were PROFESSIONAL COACHES.

~ End of half.
~ End of game.
~ Challenges.

Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson **would** NEVER use timeouts like this. They were PROFESSIONAL COACHES.

you highlighted the wrong word...I fixed for you....and with that I'm done for the night...imo, you are obviously trolling with some of the replies in this thread........ the mention of Singletary and MASCOT in the same sentence......goodnite buddy.
Share 49ersWebzone