LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

As is the norm, what you call the best case scenario is actually the worst. You correctly conclude that we're not likely to get deep into the playoffs . . . duh . . . but writing off this team this early . . . . sitting here with a 3-0 division record is so . . . . so . . . you.

Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
So are the Carne Asada fries in San Diego really that good? My friends always talk about'em. When I'm down in San Diego again, definitely gotta get some. Which spot serves the best?

yes they are! i'm a CAF fanatic. The only place up here that comes remotely close is El Mariachi in Livermore (off Vasco Rd)

Yelp it

Thanks for the tip, gotta check that out next time I'm around that area.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
fire the coach?

Actually I think he is decent overall. A master motivator. His game day decisions concern me and sometimes his passion gets the best of him.

Motivator 10 / 10.

Game day decisions 4 / 10. A timeout to have a PEP RALLY that later costs you an important challenge... Amateur hour at best.

Yelling at opposing teams players instead of keeping your focus and compusure 2 / 10.

The Singletary passion and intensity is a mixed bag. That's all I'm saying.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut or kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

i was just kidding about firing the coach! i think our problem is really our QB... we need someone that can keep the offense on the field and convert those 3 down passes and keep our Defense fresh and we'll be okay. Hill can't scramble for jack when the pressure is applied. Smith can scramble but can't QB period...!i dunno... i just can't see our defense winning too many games for us... we played the lowly rams and what our D scored just as much as our offense? man that's speaks much for this offense!

QB is a huge problem. Hill is not a long term answer. Alex appears to be a bust at this point (that's really too bad). The WR's are so overrated. I hope Craptree turns into something like we thought. We need him to.

Without that QB i sure hope crabtree knows how to pass the ball to himself and make some dam plays! LOL

QB is huge. I don't disagree with you. But having a quality WR to throw to is also important. We haven't had one of those in what like 6 or 7 years now right? I think it all works together but QB and O Line are more important. We have been trying to rebuild that for like 6 years (QB and O Line) and have so far failed miserably at both. We still need to rebuild both. That's EPIC FAIL right there.

Scot could have made up for a lot of bad choices if he had picked up Cutler when he was available.

Cutler would have really made a difference. I would give 2 first rounders for him. Throw him in plus Crabtree coming on board now and we may have something.
When you can get a young legit qb, you get him no matter what the cost because thats the keystone for the franchise....

The Bears made out well there long term IMO.

"Cutler would have really made a difference. I would give 2 first rounders for him. Throw him in plus Crabtree coming on board now and we may have something.."

LMFAO. f**king huge fail.

Cutler would be an upgrade, IMO. Of course, I wouldnt give up 2 first rounders for him. Maybe our own pick, but not Carolina's.....
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Cutler would be an upgrade, IMO. Of course, I wouldnt give up 2 first rounders for him. Maybe our own pick, but not Carolina's.....

Truthfully, I think we should keep both picks because right now, I'm kind of agreeing with SD9er here. Our offense is abysmal and I have no trust in our QB to even complete a pass farther then 7 yards. We have a lot to prove, and I'd want both of those picks if they are top 15's.

[ Edited by Method on Oct 15, 2009 at 18:54:01 ]
then maybe you should follow the Chargers. San Diego guy. I come to this website for a lift after a long day and this is what you have to say about our team. Pathetic
Originally posted by Method:
How would Cutler and Crabtree on the 49ers team not make us better than we currently are?

You'd trade two firsts for Cutler... if we had done that, we wouldn't have gotten Crabs. Uhh...

Really dude?

Can't we give our picks over different years?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 15, 2009 at 19:03:35 ]
Originally posted by sicc110:
then maybe you should follow the Chargers. San Diego guy. I come to this website for a lift after a long day and this is what you have to say about our team. Pathetic
I live in San Diego, why don't you yell at me?

what's pathetic is you can't take it when someone isn't super homer over your favorite team.

being a realist >>>> homer drinking the kool aid

I share some of his points -and he makes some very good points, but don't tell him to root for the local team just because he lives here.

Originally posted by crzy:
I agree with Reign, put your money where your mouth is.

I'll bet you $100 (via paypal) the Niners make the playoffs SanDiego.

ROFL. Good luck with asking him to do that.

SanDeigo49er = master of hyperbole.

-9fA
Originally posted by billybonka:
I live in San Diego, why don't you yell at me?

what's pathetic is you can't take it when someone isn't super homer over your favorite team.

being a realist >>>> homer drinking the kool aid

I share some of his points -and he makes some very good points, but don't tell him to root for the local team just because he lives here.

+1.

Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
So are the Carne Asada fries in San Diego really that good? My friends always talk about'em. When I'm down in San Diego again, definitely gotta get some. Which spot serves the best?

I never eat them but Carne Asada tacos are great. Many, many good spots.

What the hell are carne asada fries??? i'm interested

Yeah straight up street tacos are my all-time fuc king favorite. carne asada, al pastor, lengua, carnitas, cabeza...can't go wrong...

Basically Carne Asada Fries are tacos but instead of being on top of tortillas, all the meat and accoutrements are piled on top of Freedom Fries. F uck I'm hungry...

ah s**t... i hope i can find some of that down here in texas, sounds good
the bye week couldnt have come at a better time

this O Line f*cking sucks donkey d*ck

People wonder why the wildcat is ran in Miami and why they continue to do it successfully.

Look at that line. All young, mobile and can block like none other.

Offtopic, but it's my 2 cents watching last monday's game.
Originally posted by billybonka:
the bye week couldnt have come at a better time

this O Line f*cking sucks donkey d*ck

People wonder why the wildcat is ran in Miami and why they continue to do it successfully.

Look at that line. All young, mobile and can block like none other.

Offtopic, but it's my 2 cents watching last monday's game.

true...... we need 2 do sumthing about rachal and baas
E

+1
I predicted this team would go 7-9, but they are probably going to beat expectations. The defense is a lot better than I expected through five games.

I believe the team will finish 8-8 or 9-7, which might get it into the playoff.
Share 49ersWebzone