LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Cutler would be an upgrade, IMO. Of course, I wouldnt give up 2 first rounders for him. Maybe our own pick, but not Carolina's.....

Truthfully, I think we should keep both picks because right now, I'm kind of agreeing with SD9er here. Our offense is abysmal and I have no trust in our QB to even complete a pass farther then 7 yards. We have a lot to prove, and I'd want both of those picks if they are top 15's.

I dont mind keeping the picks. The question is what do we do with them ? Drafting a QB is out of the question. If we really think Davis is the future, then we need to bridge the gap from our current QB to when Davis finally takes over. If we dont think Hill/Smith are adequate enough to bridge this gap, then we need to go out in free agency and sign a guy like Jeff Garcia to give us at least 2 good playoff runs in the next couple years. Yes, Im serious about that playoff run because I think we have a decent enough roster to make the playoffs. All we need is a couple o-lineman and a legit receiver that can hold his own while Crabtree is "growing".

To be honest, we're not that far away. I wouldnt mind going after a guy like Garcia in the offseason. Plus, he'll come cheap........
Cutler would be an upgrade, IMO. Of course, I wouldnt give up 2 first rounders for him. Maybe our own pick, but not Carolina's.....

Truthfully, I think we should keep both picks because right now, I'm kind of agreeing with SD9er here. Our offense is abysmal and I have no trust in our QB to even complete a pass farther then 7 yards. We have a lot to prove, and I'd want both of those picks if they are top 15's.

I dont mind keeping the picks. The question is what do we do with them ? Drafting a QB is out of the question. If we really think Davis is the future, then we need to bridge the gap from our current QB to when Davis finally takes over. If we dont think Hill/Smith are adequate enough to bridge this gap, then we need to go out in free agency and sign a guy like Jeff Garcia to give us at least 2 good playoff runs in the next couple years. Yes, Im serious about that playoff run because I think we have a decent enough roster to make the playoffs. All we need is a couple o-lineman and a legit receiver that can hold his own while Crabtree is "growing".

To be honest, we're not that far away. I wouldnt mind going after a guy like Garcia in the offseason. Plus, he'll come cheap........

LOL Jeff Garcia? Jeff Garcia isn't going to give us any playoff run.

-9fA
Wow this is hotter than an Alex Smith is a bust thread!

Mr Crystal Ball....who WILL win the NFC West?!
Originally posted by bergy07:
Wow this is hotter than an Alex Smith is a bust thread!

Mr Crystal Ball....who WILL win the NFC West?!

also known as a troll thread except OP doesn't know he's a troll
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Who else is out there ? I wouldnt touch Cleveland's leftovers with a 9 foot pole. Garcia is the only "proven" (whatever that means) commodity out there in the offseason. McNabb will never leave Philly....
Originally posted by sicc110:
then maybe you should follow the Chargers. San Diego guy. I come to this website for a lift after a long day and this is what you have to say about our team. Pathetic

+1

I hate 49er fans that are like this...two weeks ago we were the best team in the NFC west, we're a lock for the playoffs, blah blah...now we suck, we're not gonna make the playoffs, fire mike singletary, ect...49er fans are such whiners like that
.....stop being so god damn negative...instead of rooting against your team, stay positive, look forward to next week, and WANT the 49ers to win

sometimes i hate this site because after the game, win or loss, there is endless threads about how bad we played and need to improve...

why dont we stay positive...its only week six, theres alot of football left to play....If your going to say negative stuff like "This team wont make the playoffs", then just shut up

[ Edited by artiga1 on Oct 15, 2009 at 19:46:57 ]

-9fA

Who else is out there ? I wouldnt touch Cleveland's leftovers with a 9 foot pole. Garcia is the only "proven" (whatever that means) commodity out there in the offseason. McNabb will never leave Philly....

Come on man, i'm not high on Shaun or Alex but Garcia is not an upgrade. If the only thing he's shown is that he's only suited to the WCO. I'd rather see Nate Davis in before Garcia again.

This offense has more glaring holes than QB, starting with RT, LG and now potentially RG.

-9fA
Originally posted by artiga1:
Originally posted by sicc110:
then maybe you should follow the Chargers. San Diego guy. I come to this website for a lift after a long day and this is what you have to say about our team. Pathetic

+1

I hate 49er fans that are like this...two weeks ago we were the best team in the NFC west, we're a lock for the playoffs, blah blah...now we suck, we're not gonna make the playoffs, fire mike singletary, ect...49er fans are such whiners like that
.....stop being so god damn negative...instead of rooting against your team, stay positive, look forward to next week, and WANT the 49ers to win

sometimes i hate this site because after the game, win or loss, there is endless threads about how bad we played and need to improve...

why dont we stay positive...its only week six, theres alot of football left to play....If your going to say negative stuff like "This team wont make the playoffs", then just shut up

Its true bro. I lead a very stressful life and our team is a positive in it. I'm sure there are alot of people like me on this site. This site was built for us Niner fans to get news on our team and for us to have someone or somewhere to talk about our team. But it seems that most threads are negative even though we are in first place. i DOUBT other first place team sites have the negativity this one does. Lets get it together guys. ENOUGH!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I predicted this team would go 7-9, but they are probably going to beat expectations. The defense is a lot better than I expected through five games.

I believe the team will finish 8-8 or 9-7, which might get it into the playoff.

This is cautious optimism. I dig it
ahhhh what's up with all the smileys?

quote=SanDiego49er...The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

Upcoming Games

6) At Texans - (loss) - Perhaps. This one could go either way.
7) At Colts - (big loss). - Depends on what kind of day our defense has.
8) Titans (win). - Agree
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. our defense, Hill vs. Theirs. To win, we'll have to play as well as we expected our team to play against the Falcons. Anybody else think they are playing better than they really are right now? Playing with chip on their shoulder after people said they would stink without Urlacher and that Cutler was a bum? Nobody is saying that now. Possible letdown game for them and payback for us? I hope...
10) At Packers (loss) - Perhaps. We can win if our defense doesn't have to play all game.
11) Jaguars (win). Perhaps. I don't think this is a gimme.
12) At Seattle (loss). - No. We are the better team now. We should we this one.
13) Cardinals (loss). - No. Their defense isn't as good as it was last year. We'll beat them at candlestick.
14) At Eagles (big loss) - Depends on what kind of day our defense has. We could win if it's close at the end.
15) Lions (win). - Yup
16) At Rams (win). - Yup

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Nope. 10-6, 9-7 is very do-able if the line changes work. Falcons game will either be a sign of things to come, or it was just an aberration of historic proportions. I prefer to think of it as an aberration until proven otherwise.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

There are going to be some changes made during the bye and Heitman and Staley are good.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

We have enough speed when the line blocks effectively.

That said a 7-9 record is a far cry from the 1-15 you originally predicted. So you have to admit we're already better than you predicted.

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Oct 15, 2009 at 20:18:10 ]
Of course it would be you...

Now, let's get to facts.

First, you are predicting the future of which you really have no basis in fact unless that pure naive facade of yours is just a ploy and you truly are the anti-Nolan.

Second, you, as well as many including the media, under estimate the power of belief especially in a system and the leader of that system. These guys drink what the Coach says, seriously. Singletary drives this team to excel above its own abilities, the Vikes will attest.

Third, whether its Hill, Smith or Davis our offense must execute their tasks pure and simple. You don't block, bad things happen. You don't catch, hmmm. You don't pick up the blitz, yea, our QB is going to suck. Sure good ol duck thrower makes us cringe when the ball comes out, but the fact is it gets there and he does get in a spiral once or twice.

In other words, it takes the unit to work together and believe they can be successful. Each must do their part. When they do it, we get 20-30 yarders for TDs to VD from senior Hill. We get bombs of 50 yrds, yes 50, yds from Hill. We see post patterns executed, we see outs where dives and tippie toes gives us firsts, and we see kids havin' fun.

Fourth, our schedule does benefit us from a supposedly home field advantage:
Titans
Bears
Jags
Cards
Lions

4-1 hommie! One loss either to the Bears or Cards. That means we just need two to three more games to win it to host a playoff game which is very feasible.

Lastly, our defense will win more games for us just watch as it will come. We will again see the likes of what we witnessed in the first four games. We don't just become a top D in four games for nothing. We will be in games because of them.

I just don't get it man. I really don't. Why would a fan want to even promote such ludicrous ideas in the first place. To want to focus on the negative like you do each and every season ONLY when we fail says alot.

It is not the 49er way...oh, lost one...
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jrg:
Oh ok..I guess we should just stop playing now because SanDiego said were not gonna make it..

They should keep playing but the O Line and Coach game day decisions don't look playoff caliber to me along with the WR's and QB.

Playoff caliber is all relative. We play in the NFC West.

Put your money where your mouth is.

He did, bro: 1-15.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by jrg:
Oh ok..I guess we should just stop playing now because SanDiego said were not gonna make it..

They should keep playing but the O Line and Coach game day decisions don't look playoff caliber to me along with the WR's and QB.

Playoff caliber is all relative. We play in the NFC West.

Put your money where your mouth is.

He did, bro: 1-15.

wait

For the 2009 - 2010 season this is what I predict.

1 - 15.

The #2 pick in the draft behind the 0 - 16 Lions.

-9fA

This is your brain on drugs!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone