LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

NateDog

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CoffeeMachine:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Did you not see that game last night? Smith played better than Hill, yet you want to dump Smith and make Hill the starter? Huard is not better than either Hill or Smith or the coaches would have him starting...good thing people that know football are making the calls.

Smith played better than Hill? All Smith did was stall the offense. Maybe we watched different games but I saw him play against the Raiders last night.

Smith did play better than Hill, Hill looked lost when the raiders were jumping the underneath routes, just like last years game against the Rams when Hill threw three picks. Smith made his reads correctly and delivered the ball to the receivers. It is not on Smith that the receivers dropped those passes, they hit them all in the hands. Smith didn't stall drives, receivers dropping very catchable passes stalled drives. Hill didn't do any better than Smith, Coffee was the one sustaining those drives. I am not saying Smith was great, he only showed a little improvement, I am just saying Hill played worse, and was outperformed, which is did not expect at all. Regardless of which, both need to step it up if we are going to have a decent season.
Originally posted by 9erred:
First string qb- Shaun Hill

Second String- Damon Huard

Third String- Nate Davis

Dump Alex and his 4 million dollar contract like a hot potatoe. Huard is as good or better than Hill and Smith, which basically means the Niners do not have a decent QB.

Did you not see that game last night? Smith played better than Hill, yet you want to dump Smith and make Hill the starter? Huard is not better than either Hill or Smith or the coaches would have him starting...good thing people that know football are making the calls.

The SAD reality is that Huard, Hill or Smith probably would win the same amount of games in 2009. If you say different,, please pass whatever you are smoking. Alex Smith had 3 INT's last week, and only got one TD when he was handed the ball on the 5 yard line. This week his pass's where all high, making the WR vulnerable.

I am saying we basically have no QB, so why not save the money if there is no difference between Hill, Smith, Davis and Huard.

FACE IT, Alex Smith is a first round bust. It is ok, so was Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Akili Smith,

QB's are hard to pick out of college.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Mods,

Can we create an official Nate Davis thread? I think were up to five new Davis threads in the last 16 hours.

It looks like they are being folded into one thread out there.

Cheers.

Where is that thread about 5th round QB's not being able to make it in the NFL?

I don't know. Who said he wouldn't make it in the NFL?
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Smith did play better than Hill, Hill looked lost when the raiders were jumping the underneath routes, just like last years game against the Rams when Hill threw three picks. Smith made his reads correctly and delivered the ball to the receivers. It is not on Smith that the receivers dropped those passes, they hit them all in the hands. Smith didn't stall drives, receivers dropping very catchable passes stalled drives. Hill didn't do any better than Smith, Coffee was the one sustaining those drives. I am not saying Smith was great, he only showed a little improvement, I am just saying Hill played worse, and was outperformed, which is did not expect at all. Regardless of which, both need to step it up if we are going to have a decent season.

Smith delivered the ball to the receivers? 3 of 9 sure doesn't sound like delivering.

Then again the coaches know more than we do and it looks like Hill will be starting next game.

Third String- Nate Davis

Dump Alex and his 4 million dollar contract like a hot potatoe. Huard is as good or better than Hill and Smith, which basically means the Niners do not have a decent QB.

The SAD reality is that Huard, Hill or Smith probably would win the same amount of games in 2009. If you say different,, please pass whatever you are smoking. Alex Smith had 3 INT's last week, and only got one TD when he was handed the ball on the 5 yard line. This week his pass's where all high, making the WR vulnerable.

I am saying we basically have no QB, so why not save the money if there is no difference between Hill, Smith, Davis and Huard.

FACE IT, Alex Smith is a first round bust. It is ok, so was Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Akili Smith,

Smith had three interceptions last week? What you should face is that the people who make the decisions on this team think otherwise. I do not think Smith is going to magically metamorphose into Tom Brady, but I do think that now that we have some real coaches that seem to be doing their jobs, he can become a better player than some of you guys think. He showed improvement this week from last, he stepped up in the pocket, made the correct reads, and delivered catchable balls to the receivers. I agree QB's are hard to pick coming out of college, I saw someone in this forum actually suggest that we draft Tebow...I laughed so hard I almost hurt myself.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for NorthNiner.

Third String- Nate Davis

Yes, thank you. All of the Hill and Smith supporters need to understand "we basically have no QB."
Classic board overreaction.

Davis played alright, not outstanding. He was 6 for 11, which is good, but not unbelievable, against third and fourth string defenders. While it is a nice sign, let's keep that in perspective. He wasn't facing All-Pro defenders, just a bunch of guys headed to the CFL in a couple weeks.

Until he can play at this level against top level competition, let's hold off from casting the bust for Canton.

And, next week, when he stinks, let's also not throw him to the wolves. He's a rookie.

Everyone does remember the greatest preseason player of all time, Thomas Clayton, right? Preseason games are preseason games, especially in the second half, which is thirty minutes of garbage time.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 23, 2009 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Classic board overreaction.

Davis played alright, not outstanding. He was 6 for 11, which is good, but not unbelievable, against third and fourth string defenders. While it is a nice sign, let's keep that in perspective. He wasn't facing All-Pro defenders, just a bunch of guys headed to the CFL in a couple weeks.

Until he can play at this level against top level competition, let's hold off from casting the bust for Canton.

And, next week, when he stinks, let's also not throw him to the wolves. He's a rookie.

Everyone does remember the greatest preseason player of all time, Thomas Clayton, right? Preseason games are preseason games, especially in the second half, which is garbage time.

Would he be safe on the PS? I think he would be but I wouldn't want to risk the chance he gets plucked.

Smith delivered the ball to the receivers? 3 of 9 sure doesn't sound like delivering.

Then again the coaches know more than we do and it looks like Hill will be starting next game.

He hit the receivers in the hands with the ball, so yes, he delivered the ball to them. He cannot catch the ball for them, it is up to the receiver once the ball hits them in the hands. Three passes, including the pick, should have been caught, the ball hit the receivers in the hands. I get it though, you just hate Smith...hate on.

Back to topic, I like what Nate did when he actually threw the ball, but it was the latter half of a preseason game.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I thought Nate Clements really stunk it up last night

I don't agree. He got beat on that one play but smartly gave up only a passing interference call instead of the TD.

The TD that was given up wasn't his fault. He played zone coverage like he was supposed to. It was the safety, Mark Roman, that didn't cover his man properly and gave up the TD (go figure).

Thats not what the coach said

The 49ers had a mixup in the secondary on the 24-yard JaMarcus Russell TD pass to Louis Murphy, which came on a third-and-21 situation. "It was a misread; it was as simple as that," Singletary said. "The cornerback (Nate Clements) has to do a better job of getting back."Instant 49ers

• CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
He hit the receivers in the hands with the ball, so yes, he delivered the ball to them. He cannot catch the ball for them, it is up to the receiver once the ball hits them in the hands. Three passes, including the pick, should have been caught, the ball hit the receivers in the hands. I get it though, you just hate Smith...hate on.

Back to topic, I like what Nate did when he actually threw the ball, but it was the latter half of a preseason game.

You sound like how Michael Vick fans gloriously defended him for so many years in Atlanta - saying that it was the receivers dropping the ball. Fortunately in the long run they found out that their wideouts were fine and the QB just sucked.

Hate him? No, that's a severe emotion to feel for someone. I'm disappointed in him at most. We used a #1 draft pick over many other players that have actually had productive and injury free careers. We spent a ton of money on him. He hasn't done well in any single offensive system he was exposed to. He isn't the future of the 49ers franchise so I don't know why he is sticking around. He has been given far more than enough chances.
Some how I was not to surprised to see you have only 10 posts. In short, it was one preseason game, against the Raiders no less, so please stop.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A

The 49ers had a mixup in the secondary on the 24-yard JaMarcus Russell TD pass to Louis Murphy, which came on a third-and-21 situation. "It was a misread; it was as simple as that," Singletary said. "The cornerback (Nate Clements) has to do a better job of getting back."Instant 49ers

Ah, then I stand corrected on that. Still doesn't take away the fact that the safety was closer and in no man's land. Why is Roman still a 49er?

Ah, then I stand corrected on that. Still doesn't take away the fact that the safety was closer and in no man's land. Why is Roman still a 49er?

Taylor looks like a nice rookie. He is very big for a safety. I hope they cut Roman. I would rather see a Rookie make mistakes than a guy I have seen for multiple years do so.

Depth I guess
Share 49ersWebzone