LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Gore to Davis: "It's time to be a man"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
This from Kevin Lynch:

The team has plenty of leaders - Gore, Eric Heitmann, Bruce, Hill, Willis, Clements, Spikes, Michael Lewis, Jeff Ulbrich, Joe Nedney. They don't need to burden Davis with an unneeded chore

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=45190#ixzz0Nj7nWjIz

During a 49ers practice last week, Shaun Hill hit Vernon Davis in stride with a pass. But the ball clanked off the tight end's hands and tumbled to the turf.

Since it was supposed to be the final play of the drill, players began to disperse — until Coach Mike Singletary stopped them cold.

"Run that play again," he bellowed.

Then, directing his comments at Davis, Singletary yelled, "Come on, son, catch the ball. You have great hands."

The do-over had no chance — defenders smothered the tight end and the pass fell incomplete — but Singletary's point was made: The 49ers want more out of Davis and they're going to keep pushing until they get it.Article'

Lynch can say whatever he wants, but it's obvious Sing is expecting more out of Davis. Which I'm glad to see, hope to see it show in on-field production.
Vernon will NEVER be a leader in the offense. He will be more like an easier going version of Charles Haley.

Shaun Hill, Frank Gore, and Joe Staley will be the leaders of this offense.
Originally posted by bjghum:
Vernon Davis is garbage.

I'm sick of hearing about what a great blocker he is.

The guy is a moron and couldn't catch a cold in a blizzard.

Mark my words, this guy will never get a second contract for the 49ers.

VD is a moronic maggot, but he is a great blocker.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Shaun Hill hit Vernon Davis in stride with a pass. But the ball clanked off the tight end's hands and tumbled to the turf.

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Shaun Hill hit Vernon Davis in stride with a pass. But the ball clanked off the tight end's hands and tumbled to the turf.

Nice.
Damn I am tired of damn hater fans. When Davis has a break out year make sure you leave enough room for the crow you will be eating after you take your foot out of your mouth
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Damn I am tired of damn homer fans. When Davis never has a break out year make sure you leave enough room for the crow you will be eating after you take his c**k out of your mouth

Fixed
Originally posted by krizay:
Damn I am tired of damn homer fans. When Davis never has a break out year make sure you leave enough room for the crow you will be eating after you take his c**k out of your mouth

Fixed

LOL. Damn krizay you crazy!

Fixed

Fixed

Its Krizay man. Don't worry about it. If Davis pans out he will eat his crow and if he doesn't than we will. Just let it be.

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Fixed

Its Krizay man. Don't worry about it. If Davis pans out he will eat his crow and if he doesn't than we will. Just let it be.

I'm not worried about it. No skin off my nose.
" I told them they should be happy I made them run because its extra work for us and a chance to get better."

This is what he said after his fight with a fellow teamate when Sing made the whole team run laps.

I didnt know running laps made you a better football player.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127850
vd's a douche
Share 49ersWebzone